From: ali...@comet.invalid (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Compound vital for all life likely played a role in life's origin
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 05:33:48 GMT
NewsFleX homepage: http://www.panteltje.nl/panteltje/newsflex/ and ftp download ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/news/readers/
 by: Jan Panteltje - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 05:33 UTC

Compound vital for all life likely played a role in life's origin
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/02/240222214056.htm
Date:
February 22, 2024
Source:
University College London

pantetheine
I like the name :-)

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.adk4432
Prebiotically plausible chemoselective pantetheine synthesis in water

Re: Compound vital for all life likely played a role in life's origin

<mllmtid8m8m162olahenuddajikas2lsbo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=135067&group=sci.electronics.design#135067

From: jl...@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 07:04:40 -0800
 by: John Larkin - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 15:04 UTC

On Sun, 25 Feb 2024 05:33:48 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
wrote:

>Compound vital for all life likely played a role in life's origin
> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/02/240222214056.htm
>Date:
> February 22, 2024
>Source:
> University College London
>

> pantetheine
>I like the name :-)
>
> https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.adk4432
> Prebiotically plausible chemoselective pantetheine synthesis in water

You can't make a TV out of a bag full of parts without a plan.

Re: Compound vital for all life likely played a role in life's origin

<urjvfl$324kk$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=135103&group=sci.electronics.design#135103

From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 17:29:05 +1100
 by: Bill Sloman - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 06:29 UTC

On 26/02/2024 2:04 am, John Larkin wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Feb 2024 05:33:48 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Compound vital for all life likely played a role in life's origin
>> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/02/240222214056.htm
>> Date:
>> February 22, 2024
>> Source:
>> University College London
>>

>> pantetheine
>> I like the name :-)
>>
>> https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.adk4432
>> Prebiotically plausible chemoselective pantetheine synthesis in water
>
> You can't make a TV out of a bag full of parts without a plan.

This is the creationist "watchmaker" argument, and Richard Dawkins
demolished that argument in his book

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blind_Watchmaker

John Larkin provides his own counter-examples - he doesn't appreciate
how electronic design works but he still manages to evolve circuits good
enough to keep some of his customers happy.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney