Subject: Re: Camera lenses still filled with elements. Perhaps too many?
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: alfred_m...@yahoo.com (Alfred Molon)
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 20:05:12 +0100
 by: Alfred Molon - Mon, 20 Feb 2023 19:05 UTC

Am 19.02.2023 um 23:34 schrieb RichA:
> Look at the cut-way for this Olympus macro lens. 18 separate optical elements and it's not even a zoom. Remember when ED glass and aspherics were going to "cure" lenses of this? Never happened. Lenses have definitely gotten better, thanks to those two things, but they are still not free of element overkill.
>
> https://www.dpreview.com/news/0100604000/om-digital-solutions-releases-om-system-m-zuiko-digital-ed-90mm-f3-5-macro-is-pro?utm_source=self-desktop&utm_medium=marquee&utm_campaign=traffic_source

There will be a reason for all these elements.

I'm just wondering if this is a native micro 4/3 design, or perhaps an
adapted APS-C design, due to all that weight and bulk.
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site