Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: alfred_m...@yahoo.com (Alfred Molon)
Subject: Topaz Photo AI does not work any more
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 01:01:34 +0200
 by: Alfred Molon - Mon, 17 Apr 2023 23:01 UTC

I've been using Topaz Photo AI since last September, with initially good
results.

But now, with the current version (1.3.0), I get incredibly blurry
images with the autopilot.

Here is an example:
https://www.molon.de/images/photoai_130_vs_sept_2022.png

Left is what I get with autopilot, to the right is what I get when I
push the sharpening slider close to 100.
In the middle is what I got last September.

The result to the right is not as bad as the result to the left, but a
lot of fine detail which is visible in the result I got last September
is blurry. In fact, the image to the right looks quite plasticky.

I've emailed Topaz Labs, asking them to send me the version of Topaz AI
of last September.
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site