"The identical is equal to itself, since it is different." -- Franco Spisani

tech / rec.photo.digital / Re: Opportunistic fraudsters everywhere

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Opportunistic fraudsters everywhereAlan Browne
`- Re: Opportunistic fraudsters everywhereAlan Browne

1
Re: Opportunistic fraudsters everywhere

<ERU2M.2419211$iS99.895984@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13970&group=rec.photo.digital#13970

Subject: Re: Opportunistic fraudsters everywhere
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 15:09:24 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 19:09 UTC

On 2023-04-27 23:22, RichA wrote:
> Here is a clever guy. He advertises stuff on Ebay...he doesn't OWN!! They appear on Zenmarket, Yahoo at auction, may even have bids. He steals the photos, puts them on Ebay as his own at higher prices. Then he has them shipped from the Ebay seller to his customer!

Enterprising.

Pro tip: you can also sell stock you don't own.

--
“Donald Trump and his allies and supporters are a clear and present
danger to American democracy.”

Re: Opportunistic fraudsters everywhere

<CyZ2M.2557813$iU59.294072@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13971&group=rec.photo.digital#13971

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 20:30:26 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 00:30 UTC

On 2023-04-28 20:07, RichA wrote:
> On Friday, 28 April 2023 at 15:09:31 UTC-4, Alan Browne wrote:
>> On 2023-04-27 23:22, RichA wrote:
>>> Here is a clever guy. He advertises stuff on Ebay...he doesn't OWN!! They appear on Zenmarket, Yahoo at auction, may even have bids. He steals the photos, puts them on Ebay as his own at higher prices. Then he has them shipped from the Ebay seller to his customer!
>> Enterprising.
>>
>> Pro tip: you can also sell stock you don't own.
>
> Risky, just like Ebay. If things go wrong, you can walk away from a deal on Ebay, but do it more than 1.4% of the time, they wallop you with higher fees then delete your account if it doesn't improve.

I haven't bought anything on E-bay in 5, maybe 10 years.

Nothing against it, but Craigslist, Kijiji, LesPac usually has all I
might need (and Amazon, etc....)