From: LDigh...@att.net (Larry Dighera)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Subject: The Fastest Electric Vehicle On The Planet!
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 14:05:02 -0700
 by: Larry Dighera - Wed, 17 May 2023 21:05 UTC

Check out this expose' of the engineering of Rolls Royce's erectly powered
speed-record breaker.

It was purpose-built to provide 40-KW for eight seconds.

Video: https://youtu.be/RhbDeEEo8F4

May 16, 2023 #ev #cleanenergy #aviation

Recording an eye watering 345 mph, the Accel Plane is officially the fastest
electric vehicle on the planet! Before it retires to the Science Museum,
Imogen and Robert wanted to meet the team from Evolito, Yasa and
Electroflight to find out how they've made electric flight take off! From
axial flux motors, advanced cooling and packing staggering amounts of torque
- this plane is choc-a-bloc with astounding technologies that are paving the
way to mainstream electric aviation.

00:00 A lot can happen in 6 years
01:19 A 345mph all electric aircraft
02:31 What's the point in breaking records?
03:05 The techy bit and a load of motors
05:24 What's next for electrified aerospace?
06:00 What about the batteries?
07:34 Drain the battery in 8 minutes
08:18 A tiny gigafactory
08:48 A whole lot of power from an impossible motor
09:48 Axial vs radial flux
11:15 All torque
12:20 What's next?
14:20 A hub of ingenuity

Re: The Fastest Electric Vehicle On The Planet!

<33fgjj-nu14.ln1@gonzo.specsol.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=141&group=rec.aviation.piloting#141

From: jim...@gonzo.specsol.net (Jim Pennino)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Subject: Re: The Fastest Electric Vehicle On The Planet!
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 19:28:21 -0700
 by: Jim Pennino - Thu, 18 May 2023 02:28 UTC

Larry Dighera <LDighera@att.net> wrote:

> Check out this expose' of the engineering of Rolls Royce's erectly powered
> speed-record breaker.

If it is "erectly powered", do you have to have a boner to drive it?

> It was purpose-built to provide 40-KW for eight seconds.

Something that everyone needs...

> Video: https://youtu.be/RhbDeEEo8F4
>
> May 16, 2023 #ev #cleanenergy #aviation
>
> Recording an eye watering 345 mph, the Accel Plane is officially the fastest
> electric vehicle on the planet! Before it retires to the Science Museum,
> Imogen and Robert wanted to meet the team from Evolito, Yasa and
> Electroflight to find out how they've made electric flight take off! From
> axial flux motors, advanced cooling and packing staggering amounts of torque
> - this plane is choc-a-bloc with astounding technologies that are paving the
> way to mainstream electric aviation.
>
> 00:00 A lot can happen in 6 years
> 01:19 A 345mph all electric aircraft
> 02:31 What's the point in breaking records?
> 03:05 The techy bit and a load of motors
> 05:24 What's next for electrified aerospace?
> 06:00 What about the batteries?
> 07:34 Drain the battery in 8 minutes
> 08:18 A tiny gigafactory
> 08:48 A whole lot of power from an impossible motor
> 09:48 Axial vs radial flux
> 11:15 All torque
> 12:20 What's next?
> 14:20 A hub of ingenuity

Both electric motor technology and electro-chemical battery technology
are over 200 years old.

Li battery technology is over 100 years old.

Motors reached 98% efficiency years ago so there are no possible major
improvements to batteries that can be made.

Li batteries can theoretically be improved by less than a factor of two.

Most Li research is going into faster charge times without the battery
self destructing.

Re: The Fastest Electric Vehicle On The Planet!

<2kof6il962s2so165epp68of5rj0rr0j58@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=142&group=rec.aviation.piloting#142

From: LDigh...@att.net (Larry Dighera)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 13:57:30 -0700
 by: Larry Dighera - Fri, 19 May 2023 20:57 UTC

The man that made spell check died today.

May he rust in piss.