"Indecision is the basis of flexibility" -- button at a Science Fiction convention.

interests / sci.anthropology.paleo / Michel Odent 2021

SubjectAuthor
* Michel Odent 2021littor...@gmail.com
+- Re: Michel Odent 2021DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
+* Re: Michel Odent 2021I Envy JTEM
|`* Re: Michel Odent 2021DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
| `* Re: Michel Odent 2021I Envy JTEM
|  `* Re: Michel Odent 2021DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
|   `* Re: Michel Odent 2021I Envy JTEM
|    `* Re: Michel Odent 2021DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
|     `* Re: Michel Odent 2021I Envy JTEM
|      `* Re: Michel Odent 2021DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
|       `* Re: Michel Odent 2021I Envy JTEM
|        `- Re: Michel Odent 2021DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
`- Re: Michel Odent 2021DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

1
Michel Odent 2021

<0ea8878d-8aef-4ba8-b3b7-34e76e26db1cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14194&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14194

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 03:50:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Michel Odent 2021
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Mon, 4 Jul 2022 10:50 UTC

WHO CAN ANSWER THIS DOZEN QUESTIONS?

Here are some examples of questions raised in
“Planet Ocean: our mysterious connections to water”
Michel Odent, Clairview 2021.

-Why do human mammals need to learn techniques to be able to swim?

-Why do seals go to dry land to give birth, while a significant number of women use birthing pools?

-Why are our enzymes ineffective at making the synthesis of a molecule that is essential to feed the brain?

-Why don’t fossil-hunters trumpet the fact that, in prehistoric ages, sea-levels could be 200 m lower than today? If most human beings were living in coastal areas, it is likely that their fossils will remain lost for ever.

-Why don’t fossil-hunters explain why they cannot find remains of chimpanzees?

-Why are our palaeolithic ancestors usually described as “hunter-gatherers”, when there is increased evidence that great parts of our planet, particularly the Mediterranean basin & the Pacific Rim, were first colonised by skilled navigators?

-Why are modern humans classified as “sapiens”, even though they are admixtures of Sapiens, Neanderthal, Denisovan and probably still unidentified huge-brained Homos?

-Why don't we try to understand what makes human births occasionally easy & fast?

-Why do the promoters of the so-called “Aquatic Ape Hypothesis” rarely take as a point of departure the main feature of human beings, the supersized brain?

-Why are studies of artificial wombs for mice not applicable to humans?

-Why do billionaires express their dreams by buying yachts?

Re: Michel Odent 2021

<a6693b79-97c3-4b81-b859-8d052611d049n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14197&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14197

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 05:51:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Michel Odent 2021
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Mon, 4 Jul 2022 12:51 UTC

On Monday, July 4, 2022 at 6:50:32 AM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> WHO CAN ANSWER THIS DOZEN QUESTIONS?
>
> Here are some examples of questions raised in
> “Planet Ocean: our mysterious connections to water”
> Michel Odent, Clairview 2021.
>
> -Why do human mammals need to learn techniques to be able to swim?
>
> -Why do seals go to dry land to give birth, while a significant number of women use birthing pools?
>
> -Why are our enzymes ineffective at making the synthesis of a molecule that is essential to feed the brain?
>
> -Why don’t fossil-hunters trumpet the fact that, in prehistoric ages, sea-levels could be 200 m lower than today? If most human beings were living in coastal areas, it is likely that their fossils will remain lost for ever.
>
> -Why don’t fossil-hunters explain why they cannot find remains of chimpanzees?
>
> -Why are our palaeolithic ancestors usually described as “hunter-gatherers”, when there is increased evidence that great parts of our planet, particularly the Mediterranean basin & the Pacific Rim, were first colonised by skilled navigators?
>
> -Why are modern humans classified as “sapiens”, even though they are admixtures of Sapiens, Neanderthal, Denisovan and probably still unidentified huge-brained Homos?
>
> -Why don't we try to understand what makes human births occasionally easy & fast?
>
> -Why do the promoters of the so-called “Aquatic Ape Hypothesis” rarely take as a point of departure the main feature of human beings, the supersized brain?
>
> -Why are studies of artificial wombs for mice not applicable to humans?
>
> -Why do billionaires express their dreams by buying yachts?

Why are tropical seals that sleep on beaches thickly furred (Caribbean/Hawaiian/Mediterranean monk seals), while all naked Homo live in protective shelters like naked mole rats?

Re: Michel Odent 2021

<c579de48-d45c-4ec4-a3bf-c48bce09c306n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14199&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14199

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 10:24:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: jte...@gmail.com (I Envy JTEM)
 by: I Envy JTEM - Mon, 4 Jul 2022 17:24 UTC

littor...@gmail.com wrote:

> -Why do human mammals need to learn techniques to be able to swim?

I never imagined an Aquatic Ape model that required swimming.

"Diving," yes, that would be helpful. Going under water, being able to eat even
during high tide... most helpful. But that's not swimming per se. It's not crossing
a distance of water.

> -Why do seals go to dry land to give birth, while a significant number of women use birthing pools?

Turtles do the same. It seems to be a bit of a rule for land
animals that adapt to the water.
> -Why are our enzymes ineffective at making the synthesis of a molecule that is essential to feed the brain?

TWO QUESTIONS, with that being only one of them.

The first seems obvious enough: We didn't need it. We were getting all the Omega-3s
we could ever use, and then some, from our Aquatic diet.

THE SECOND QUESTION is: Did the Chimp regain some ability after the split, or did
we lose it afterwards?

> -Why don’t fossil-hunters trumpet the fact that, in prehistoric ages, sea-levels could be 200 m lower than
> today? If most human beings were living in coastal areas, it is likely that their fossils will remain lost for ever.

I was actually attacked, some years ago, over in talk.origins, pointing out this
fact and that if people really believe the Gwobull Warbling narrative they should
be DEMANDING that we start dredging now.

Standard practice in the field, for archaeology, is to dig a test pit or trench. It's
not overly large or large at all, and it's really just to see what's down there: "Test"
the site.

NOTE: You often know that there's /Something/ there but maybe not exactly
where. Or the terrane might look like someplace people would favor, but did they?
And if so did anything get preserved? So you dig a test pit, trench "Bore" and look.

So we do that offshore. We identify as best we can where the shoreline used to
be, where the rivers let out into the ocean... natural harbors which afforded some
protection from storms?

So we identify them and dig trenches. Then we sift the sediments we dug up
looking for any traces of habitation. If we find it, THEN we embark on the
more expensive, more difficult, more dangerous underwater excavations.

> -Why don’t fossil-hunters explain why they cannot find remains of chimpanzees?

There is a ready explanation: We can and we have. They just don't look like our
idea of Chimpanzees yet.

> -Why are our palaeolithic ancestors usually described as “hunter-gatherers”, when
> there is increased evidence that great parts of our planet, particularly the
> Mediterranean basin & the Pacific Rim, were first colonised by skilled navigators?

Technically a fisherman is a hunter-gather, is he not? He's hunting living animals.

> -Why are modern humans classified as “sapiens”, even though they are admixtures
> of Sapiens, Neanderthal, Denisovan and probably still unidentified huge-brained
> Homos?

Well the names/classifications are totally artificial. The archaics had no way of
knowing what we called them or how we classified them, and they could not
possibly have cared any less if there was any of of informing them.

The names/groupings reflect the linear model: The slow march from the small,
dumb & simple to he large, intelligent & complex. This model is vomit. At best.

It's thoroughly debunked.

But our classifications are a vestige of the idiocy.

> -Why don't we try to understand what makes human births occasionally easy & fast?

Variation is to be expected.

> -Why do the promoters of the so-called “Aquatic Ape Hypothesis” rarely take as a
> point of departure the main feature of human beings, the supersized brain?

Straw man. I've always raised that point. It's incontrovertible evidence supporting
Aquatic Ape/

> -Why are studies of artificial wombs for mice not applicable to humans?

I have no idea if they are or aren't, much less what we should expect.
> -Why do billionaires express their dreams by buying yachts?

Waterfront property is the most expensive EVERYWHERE.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/688861742480162816

Re: Michel Odent 2021

<d7aa4ff4-584d-4f3a-a3aa-9e79feee1bc8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14200&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14200

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 11:27:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Mon, 4 Jul 2022 18:27 UTC

Vail, Colorado.

Re: Michel Odent 2021

<b93ada9d-7349-487c-892b-3a1ba17e4765n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14201&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14201

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 12:55:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: jte...@gmail.com (I Envy JTEM)
 by: I Envy JTEM - Mon, 4 Jul 2022 19:55 UTC

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

[...]

I cherish our time together, despite your obvious mental
issues. I feel a connections of sorts, a kinship and want
to share something personal with you. My urine, perhaps.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/688861742480162816

Re: Michel Odent 2021

<0c1d6975-04d1-4b1b-ae3f-fdebf62d6470n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14203&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14203

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 15:31:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Mon, 4 Jul 2022 22:31 UTC

On Monday, July 4, 2022 at 3:55:41 PM UTC-4, I Envy JTEM wrote:
> DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> I cherish our time together, despite your obvious mental
> issues. I feel a connections of sorts, a kinship and want
> to share something personal with you. My urine, perhaps.
>

> -- --
>
> https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/688861742480162816

Jermbot can't respond to reality. Shocking.

Re: Michel Odent 2021

<7b3072a5-1d9b-4652-9748-66b3a8efcebcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14204&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14204

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 15:40:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Mon, 4 Jul 2022 22:40 UTC

On Monday, July 4, 2022 at 6:50:32 AM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> WHO CAN ANSWER THIS DOZEN QUESTIONS?
>
> Here are some examples of questions raised in
> “Planet Ocean: our mysterious connections to water”
> Michel Odent, Clairview 2021.
>
> -Why do human mammals need to learn techniques to be able to swim?
And walk? And run? And (everything)?

> -Why do seals go to dry land to give birth, while a significant number of women use birthing pools?

Odent is the populizer of birthing pools, cash cow. Pygmies birth at shallow crystalline streams, which he ignores, as there's no profit in that.

> -Why are our enzymes ineffective at making the synthesis of a molecule that is essential to feed the brain?
>
> -Why don’t fossil-hunters trumpet the fact that, in prehistoric ages, sea-levels could be 200 m lower than today? If most human beings were living in coastal areas, it is likely that their fossils will remain lost for ever.
>
> -Why don’t fossil-hunters explain why they cannot find remains of chimpanzees?

Rainforests recycle all life forms quickly, so ape and human remains are very rare, while coastal remains are half erosional half depositional.

> -Why are our palaeolithic ancestors usually described as “hunter-gatherers”, when there is increased evidence that great parts of our planet, particularly the Mediterranean basin & the Pacific Rim, were first colonised by skilled navigators?

Because H&G long preceded skilled navigators.

> -Why are modern humans classified as “sapiens”, even though they are admixtures of Sapiens, Neanderthal, Denisovan and probably still unidentified huge-brained Homos?

Arrogance.

> -Why don't we try to understand what makes human births occasionally easy & fast?

Drugs, baby.

> -Why do the promoters of the so-called “Aquatic Ape Hypothesis” rarely take as a point of departure the main feature of human beings, the supersized brain?

Shelters allowed altricial brain development, cf crows.

> -Why are studies of artificial wombs for mice not applicable to humans?

Why not?

> -Why do billionaires express their dreams by buying yachts?

Vail Colorado, SpaceX, etc.

Re: Michel Odent 2021

<12e5ce23-9bf1-496d-a4a6-366fb2d32f53n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14208&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14208

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 21:58:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: jte...@gmail.com (I Envy JTEM)
 by: I Envy JTEM - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 04:58 UTC

I get it, you must be a shut-in due to great physical or mental
disabilities, but why hit the reply button? You clearly have
no interest in the topics, not even of the topics in your own
threads, and you're incapable of expressing the ideas you
sometimes want to pretend to have.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/688980245411397632

Re: Michel Odent 2021

<48296bc1-01e1-4d9f-8cca-0575ce9cbe0dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14209&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14209

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 09:20:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 16:20 UTC

Jermy jabbering to himself again:

On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 12:58:42 AM UTC-4, I Envy JTEM wrote:
> I get it, you must be a shut-in due to great physical or mental
> disabilities, but why hit the reply button? You clearly have
> no interest in the topics, not even of the topics in your own
> threads, and you're incapable of expressing the ideas you
> sometimes want to pretend to have.
>

> -- --
>
> https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/688980245411397632

Re: Michel Odent 2021

<5382c30f-faea-469d-a1f2-5ee887b2b3f5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14210&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14210

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 09:30:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: jte...@gmail.com (I Envy JTEM)
 by: I Envy JTEM - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 16:30 UTC

One obvious symptom of your disorder(s) is your habit of replying
to yourself, incessantly, often with unrelated, seemingly random
"Cites."

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/688980245411397632

Re: Michel Odent 2021

<78b29b69-6e1d-4b20-87ca-12fd13e175e9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14211&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14211

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 09:37:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 16:37 UTC

On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 12:30:44 PM UTC-4, I Envy JTEM wrote:
> One obvious symptom of your disorder(s) is your habit of replying
> to yourself, incessantly, often with unrelated, seemingly random
> "Cites."
>

> -- --
>
> https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/688980245411397632

Dr Jermy has replaced mv.

Re: Michel Odent 2021

<417f4845-fb32-47f0-a5e0-7fa3118cb6fan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14214&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14214

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 09:13:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: jte...@gmail.com (I Envy JTEM)
 by: I Envy JTEM - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 16:13 UTC

Whoops, no, STILL nothing on topic being posted by you... nothing...

Absolutely zero surprise though.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/689058381523271680

Re: Michel Odent 2021

<30dc6ff7-c01e-4906-8877-61b0c0d73abfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14216&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14216

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 09:18:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 16:18 UTC

On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 12:13:26 PM UTC-4, I Envy JTEM wrote:
> Whoops, no, STILL nothing on topic being posted by you... nothing...
>
> Absolutely zero surprise though.
>

> -- --
>
> https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/689058381523271680

dr jermy