The ends justify the means. -- after Matthew Prior

interests / sci.anthropology.paleo / Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligators

SubjectAuthor
* Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligatorsPrimum Sapienti
+* Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligatorsI Envy JTEM
|+* Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligatorslittor...@gmail.com
||`- Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligatorsDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
|`* Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligatorsPandora
| `* Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligatorsPrimum Sapienti
|  +- Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligatorsI Envy JTEM
|  `- Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligatorslittor...@gmail.com
+- Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligatorsDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
`- Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligatorsDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

1
Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligators

<tb2r09$5ag8$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14372&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14372

From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligators
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 23:27:37 -0600
 by: Primum Sapienti - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 05:27 UTC

https://www.wesh.com/article/woman-killed-alligators-florida-pond/40634392

Friday night, a woman was attacked and killed by multiple alligators in a
Florida
pond.

The attack occurred in Englewood and the Florida Fish and Wildlife
Conservation
Commission received a call about the incident around 8:15 p.m.

WBBH reports the woman was identified as Rose Wiegand, a woman in her 80s.

According to the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, deputies believe
Wiegand fell
into a pond located at Boca Royale Golf and Country Club before the
alligators
grabbed her as she struggled in the water.

Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligators

<b4ddecb1-5c07-43ec-a15d-73b41a4f292bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14374&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14374

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 22:45:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: jte...@gmail.com (I Envy JTEM)
 by: I Envy JTEM - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 05:45 UTC

Primum Sapienti wrote:

> https://www.wesh.com/article/woman-killed-alligators-florida-pond/40634392
>
> Friday night, a woman was attacked and killed by multiple alligators in a
> Florida
> pond.
>
> The attack occurred in Englewood and the Florida Fish and Wildlife
> Conservation
> Commission received a call about the incident around 8:15 p.m.
>
> WBBH reports the woman was identified as Rose Wiegand, a woman in her 80s.
>
> According to the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, deputies believe
> Wiegand fell
> into a pond located at Boca Royale Golf and Country Club before the
> alligators
> grabbed her as she struggled in the water.

Alligators doo not live in the ocean. An Aquatic Ape population, exploiting
the sea, would be quite safe.

Moving inland, on the other hand, that same population would fall prey
to alligators as they sought fresh water sources...

All shellfish contain water -- sometimes referred to as "Liquor" -- and
fish contain water in their flesh. It would be salty, particularly the
shellfish water, but not as salty as sea water. They could've probably
gotten by with this, especially after adapting to a high salt diet by
sweating (losing salt). They also would have at least occasionally
come across fresh water running into the ocean or this new
phenomenon called "Rain."

...in a related manner, we've had some discussions in the past
about how those iconic acheulean hand axe, the tear drop shaped
ones in particular, may have been a primitive form of anti croc or
alligator landmine. Many are found prone, so an animal dragging
itself along the ground might've stepped on or slid on top of them.

...another theory was that they were encased in some form of
bait, maybe an animal carcass, so the predator would swallow it
& cut up their insides...

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/690055325612752896

Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligators

<c7978c3e-ef0d-4cea-9954-70f925f5537cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14376&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14376

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 01:52:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 08:52 UTC

Op maandag 18 juli 2022 om 07:45:22 UTC+2 schreef I Envy JTEM:

Human kidney anatomy suggests an early-Pleistocene coastal phase, followed by a late-Pleistocene freshwaterside phase.
From my forthcoming book:
-our kidneys resemble those of swine & manatees,
-our fetal kidneys resemble those of marine mammals.
Nieren(kidneys)
Onze nieren kunnen heel verdunde(diluted) urine maken, maar geen(no) erg geconcentreerde. Bij zoogdieren gaat de maximum urineconcentratie van dieren met overvloedig zoet(fresh) water over zeedieren naar land- en woestijn(desert)bewoners (beaver ~600 mOsmol/l, pig ~1100, human ~1400, visetende dolfijn ~1700, inktvis-etende dolfijn ~1800, horse ~1900, kat ~3200, kangoeroerat ~4600). Onze kwistige(lavish) nieren pleiten voor een sappig(e.g.fruit) dieet in een zoet- of misschien brakwatermilieu bij de oer-sapiens (~0,3 Ma), en tegen(against) een droge-savanne-oorsprong. Dat klopt met ons beperkt(low) drinkvermogen, overvloedig (zout) zweten, en grote en frequente waterbehoefte (bij 3 % watertekort zijn wij ernstig ziek – kamelen, ezels en struisvogels pas bij 20 %).
De afvoergangen die de urine concentreren, komen bij primaten en de meeste landzoogdieren per nier samen in éen heel lange papil. Maar bij ons zijn die afvoergangen zo kort dat ze apart uitmonden in de nierkelk (~12 papillen/nier). Zo’n 'onvolledige nieropsplitsing' is er ook bij zwijnen en lamantijnen, en de papil is ultra-kort of ontbreekt bij zoetwaterdieren (bever, beverrat, watermol).
De meeste zeezoogdieren echter hebben hun nieren volledig opgesplitst in renculi (‘niertjes’). Dat is ook zo bij menselijke fetussen, maar kort na de geboorte wordt ons nieroppervlak glad.

IOW, people who believe we descend from savanna dwellers are just stupid.

> Alligators do not live in the ocean. An Aquatic Ape population, exploiting
> the sea, would be quite safe.
>
> Moving inland, on the other hand, that same population would fall prey
> to alligators as they sought fresh water sources...
>
> All shellfish contain water -- sometimes referred to as "Liquor" -- and
> fish contain water in their flesh. It would be salty, particularly the
> shellfish water, but not as salty as sea water. They could've probably
> gotten by with this, especially after adapting to a high salt diet by
> sweating (losing salt). They also would have at least occasionally
> come across fresh water running into the ocean or this new
> phenomenon called "Rain."

> ...in a related manner, we've had some discussions in the past
> about how those iconic acheulean hand axe, the tear drop shaped
> ones in particular, may have been a primitive form of anti croc or
> alligator landmine. Many are found prone, so an animal dragging
> itself along the ground might've stepped on or slid on top of them.
>
> ...another theory was that they were encased in some form of
> bait, maybe an animal carcass, so the predator would swallow it
> & cut up their insides...

Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligators

<59785d7c-3dee-4b2f-9f4b-c13b9de28577n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14377&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14377

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 05:24:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 12:24 UTC

On Monday, July 18, 2022 at 1:27:39 AM UTC-4, Primum Sapienti wrote:
> https://www.wesh.com/article/woman-killed-alligators-florida-pond/40634392
>
> Friday night, a woman was attacked and killed by multiple alligators in a
> Florida
> pond.
>
> The attack occurred in Englewood and the Florida Fish and Wildlife
> Conservation
> Commission received a call about the incident around 8:15 p.m.
>
> WBBH reports the woman was identified as Rose Wiegand, a woman in her 80s.
>
> According to the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, deputies believe
> Wiegand fell
> into a pond located at Boca Royale Golf and Country Club before the
> alligators
> grabbed her as she struggled in the water.

Gators, crocs, sharks, pythons, bears, cougars in Florida

Swimming in the Fl keys, femur bit by shark

Wading for scallops on Fl coast, bit by shark

5 in Long Island NY bit by shark

https://www.the-sun.com/news/5749681/shark-attack-map-reveals-predator-hotspots/

Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligators

<2bdd0cfa-5475-4f51-8edd-c88635a2fd3cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14378&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14378

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 06:25:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 13:25 UTC

On Monday, July 18, 2022 at 4:52:30 AM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> Op maandag 18 juli 2022 om 07:45:22 UTC+2 schreef I Envy JTEM:
>
> Human kidney anatomy suggests an early-Pleistocene coastal phase, followed by a late-Pleistocene freshwaterside phase.
> From my forthcoming book:

> -our kidneys resemble those of swine & manatees,

Forest & Freshwater fauna

> -our fetal kidneys resemble those of marine mammals.

Himalayan bears (cattle?)
Your Inner Fish

> Nieren(kidneys)
> Onze nieren kunnen heel verdunde(diluted) urine maken, maar geen(no) erg geconcentreerde. Bij zoogdieren gaat de maximum urineconcentratie van dieren met overvloedig zoet(fresh) water over zeedieren naar land- en woestijn(desert)bewoners (beaver ~600 mOsmol/l, pig ~1100, human ~1400, visetende dolfijn ~1700, inktvis-etende dolfijn ~1800, horse ~1900, kat ~3200, kangoeroerat ~4600). Onze kwistige(lavish) nieren pleiten voor een sappig(e.g.fruit) dieet in een zoet- of misschien brakwatermilieu bij de oer-sapiens (~0,3 Ma), en tegen(against) een droge-savanne-oorsprong. Dat klopt met ons beperkt(low) drinkvermogen, overvloedig (zout) zweten, en grote en frequente waterbehoefte (bij 3 % watertekort zijn wij ernstig ziek – kamelen, ezels en struisvogels pas bij 20 %).
> De afvoergangen die de urine concentreren, komen bij primaten en de meeste landzoogdieren per nier samen in éen heel lange papil. Maar bij ons zijn die afvoergangen zo kort dat ze apart uitmonden in de nierkelk (~12 papillen/nier). Zo’n 'onvolledige nieropsplitsing' is er ook bij zwijnen en lamantijnen, en de papil is ultra-kort of ontbreekt bij zoetwaterdieren (bever, beverrat, watermol).
> De meeste zeezoogdieren echter hebben hun nieren volledig opgesplitst in renculi (‘niertjes’). Dat is ook zo bij menselijke fetussen, maar kort na de geboorte wordt ons nieroppervlak glad.
>
> IOW, people who believe we descend from savanna dwellers are just stupid.

Or mountain beavers!
(More stupid!!)

Black Sea & Rift have had freshwater and saltwater periods.

> > Alligators do not live in the ocean. An Aquatic Ape population, exploiting
> > the sea, would be quite safe.
> >
> > Moving inland, on the other hand, that same population would fall prey
> > to alligators as they sought fresh water sources...
> >
> > All shellfish contain water -- sometimes referred to as "Liquor" -- and
> > fish contain water in their flesh. It would be salty, particularly the
> > shellfish water, but not as salty as sea water. They could've probably
> > gotten by with this, especially after adapting to a high salt diet by
> > sweating (losing salt). They also would have at least occasionally
> > come across fresh water running into the ocean or this new
> > phenomenon called "Rain."
>
> > ...in a related manner, we've had some discussions in the past
> > about how those iconic acheulean hand axe, the tear drop shaped
> > ones in particular, may have been a primitive form of anti croc or
> > alligator landmine. Many are found prone, so an animal dragging
> > itself along the ground might've stepped on or slid on top of them.
> >
> > ...another theory was that they were encased in some form of
> > bait, maybe an animal carcass, so the predator would swallow it
> > & cut up their insides...

Dr jermy...

Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligators

<17ae99d5-2a31-4148-9348-b7246907edcfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14379&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14379

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 06:28:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 13:28 UTC

On Monday, July 18, 2022 at 1:27:39 AM UTC-4, Primum Sapienti wrote:
> https://www.wesh.com/article/woman-killed-alligators-florida-pond/40634392
>
> Friday night, a woman was attacked and killed by multiple alligators in a
> Florida
> pond.
>
> The attack occurred in Englewood and the Florida Fish and Wildlife
> Conservation
> Commission received a call about the incident around 8:15 p.m.
>
> WBBH reports the woman was identified as Rose Wiegand, a woman in her 80s.
>
> According to the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, deputies believe
> Wiegand fell
> into a pond located at Boca Royale Golf and Country Club before the
> alligators
> grabbed her as she struggled in the water.

According to MV, wolves and humans partnered to hunt at shores. So one alligator has domesticated another to form a partnership to hunt at shores.

Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligators

<tkoadhttu9rb6phm8bqssvdg4m76qqd7c0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14380&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14380

From: pand...@knoware.nl (Pandora)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 15:39:55 +0200
 by: Pandora - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 13:39 UTC

On Sun, 17 Jul 2022 22:45:21 -0700 (PDT), I Envy JTEM
<jtem01@gmail.com> wrote:

> Primum Sapienti wrote:
>
>> https://www.wesh.com/article/woman-killed-alligators-florida-pond/40634392
>>
>> Friday night, a woman was attacked and killed by multiple alligators in a
>> Florida
>> pond.
>>
>> The attack occurred in Englewood and the Florida Fish and Wildlife
>> Conservation
>> Commission received a call about the incident around 8:15 p.m.
>>
>> WBBH reports the woman was identified as Rose Wiegand, a woman in her 80s.
>>
>> According to the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, deputies believe
>> Wiegand fell
>> into a pond located at Boca Royale Golf and Country Club before the
>> alligators
>> grabbed her as she struggled in the water.
>
>Alligators doo not live in the ocean. An Aquatic Ape population, exploiting
>the sea, would be quite safe.

In the Indo-Pacific region they would be well advised to be on the
alert: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saltwater_crocodile

Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligators

<tb4gg1$ijsg$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14382&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14382

From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 14:40:34 -0600
 by: Primum Sapienti - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 20:40 UTC

Pandora wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2022 22:45:21 -0700 (PDT), I Envy JTEM
> <jtem01@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Primum Sapienti wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.wesh.com/article/woman-killed-alligators-florida-pond/40634392
>>>
>>> Friday night, a woman was attacked and killed by multiple alligators in a
>>> Florida
>>> pond.
>>>
>>> The attack occurred in Englewood and the Florida Fish and Wildlife
>>> Conservation
>>> Commission received a call about the incident around 8:15 p.m.
>>>
>>> WBBH reports the woman was identified as Rose Wiegand, a woman in her 80s.
>>>
>>> According to the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, deputies believe
>>> Wiegand fell
>>> into a pond located at Boca Royale Golf and Country Club before the
>>> alligators
>>> grabbed her as she struggled in the water.
>>
>> Alligators doo not live in the ocean. An Aquatic Ape population, exploiting
>> the sea, would be quite safe.
>
> In the Indo-Pacific region they would be well advised to be on the
> alert: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saltwater_crocodile

Are the AAers trying to claim there were no hominids in the interior?

Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligators

<53b09856-b99b-4fd2-a6b0-48342ca63fe9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14385&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14385

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 20:43:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: jte...@gmail.com (I Envy JTEM)
 by: I Envy JTEM - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 03:43 UTC

Primum Sapienti wrote:

> Are the AAers trying to claim there were no hominids in the interior?

Google "Fallacious Argument."

Start with "Straw Man."

Ask someone to help with the big words.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/690055325612752896

Re: Florida USA: woman killed by a pair of alligators

<b26e5c05-cf41-4dc4-b7be-3f11d98abe79n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14386&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14386

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 23:09:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 06:09 UTC

somebody:

> Are the AAers trying to claim there were no hominids in the interior?

-what are AAers??
-hominids = Gorilla, Homo, Pan,
-interior = + rivers & lakes.

IOW, how stupid can you be??
Keep running after your kudu in the interio, my boy.