"I never let my schooling get in the way of my education." -- Mark Twain

tech / sci.math / Re: 24m views:: The importance of 3 and 1/3 in Physics-- no 4th dimension; Electromagnetic Spectrum; calculus meaningless after 3 // Physics research by Archimedes Plutonium

SubjectAuthor
* 24m views:: The importance of 3 and 1/3 in Physics-- no 4thArchimedes Plutonium
`- Re: 24m views:: The importance of 3 and 1/3 in Physics-- no 4thArchimedes Plutonium

1
24m views:: The importance of 3 and 1/3 in Physics-- no 4th dimension; Electromagnetic Spectrum; calculus meaningless after 3 // Physics research by Archimedes Plutonium

<c266a82b-9dce-4c3a-91ad-1903976823e9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=143949&group=sci.math#143949

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 10:36:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 24m views:: The importance of 3 and 1/3 in Physics-- no 4th
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 17:36 UTC

The importance of 3 and 1/3 in Physics-- no 4th dimension; Electromagnetic Spectrum; calculus meaningless after 3 // Physics research by Archimedes Plutonium
24m views
Subscribe

Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com>
Jul 30, 2023, 1:40:33 AM (8 days ago)

to Plutonium Atom Universe
AP's 252nd book of science// The importance of 3 and 1/3 in Physics-- no 4th dimension, only 3 terms maximum in Electromagnetic Theory// Physics research by Archimedes Plutonium

The importance of 3 and 1/3 in Physics-- no 4th dimension, only 3 terms maximum in Electromagnetic Theory// Physics research

by Archimedes Plutonium

I started this book back in May 2023 pondering why three rest mass particles are so key to physics-- proton + muon + neutron.

Why the number 3? Of course we can say the importance of 1, then the importance of 2, then 4, then 5, then 6 etc as some numerology expedition.

But, the fact that Atoms have 3 rest mass particles of importance, that Space is 3rd dimensional and most important of all that the EM equations of physics have at most just 3 terms.

So this question of 3 deserves a book. For it seems as though mathematics also is fond of 3 in a concept known as Middle Thirds. That you can dissect Nature into 3 parts with the Middle Third being special, special for physics and for math.

So I want to explore this number 3 and why physics is fond of 3.

AP

AP's 252nd book of science// The importance of 3 and 1/3 in Physics-- no 4th dimension, only 3 terms maximum in Electromagnetic Theory// Physics research by Archimedes Plutonium
Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
Jul 30, 2023, 2:30:36 AM (8 days ago)

So now, back in May when I started this book, the topic of "Rule of Middle Third" of
Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
Jul 30, 2023, 4:49:32 PM (7 days ago)

So I need the physicists to rush in here, rush in to help the engineers for as far as I can see, the
Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
Jul 30, 2023, 5:14:58 PM (7 days ago)

On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 3:17:46 PM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote: > So now, back in May
Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
Jul 30, 2023, 5:51:10 PM (7 days ago)

Now it has not escaped my attention that there are 4 important particles in Nature in Atomic Theory.
Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
Jul 30, 2023, 6:04:01 PM (7 days ago)

On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 5:48:22 PM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote: > Now it has not escaped
Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
Jul 31, 2023, 12:21:31 AM (7 days ago)

Alright, I know for sure where this book about the number 3 or its inverse 1/3 will end up. All
Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
Aug 5, 2023, 3:30:07 AM (2 days ago)

At the moment I am stuck on this book. I reached the chapter of the EM Spectrum and was thinking 3
Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
Aug 5, 2023, 3:21:41 PM (yesterday)

It is always nice to wake up to solutions rather than questions. I am in the throes of solving 3
Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
Aug 5, 2023, 4:33:38 PM (yesterday)

On Saturday, August 5, 2023 at 3:21:41 PM UTC-5 Archimedes Plutonium wrote: It is always nice to wake
Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
Aug 5, 2023, 7:15:45 PM (yesterday)

On Saturday, August 5, 2023 at 4:36:31 PM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote: > On Saturday, August
Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
Aug 5, 2023, 11:37:48 PM (yesterday)

Polarization is going to make or break me on this idea of Radio Waves longitudinal, Visible
Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
Aug 6, 2023, 1:05:55 AM (yesterday)

Yes, well, Polarization is either going to make a success of Radio = longitudinal, Visible Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
Aug 6, 2023, 1:38:42 AM (yesterday)

On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 3:06:56 AM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote: > Thanks to Apple Inc,
Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
Aug 6, 2023, 3:07:52 PM (21 hours ago)

On Sunday, August 6, 2023 at 1:01:20 AM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote: > Yes, well,
Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
Aug 6, 2023, 7:30:10 PM (17 hours ago)

On Sunday, August 6, 2023 at 1:04:59 AM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote: > So then, I went to
Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
Aug 6, 2023, 10:39:08 PM (14 hours ago)

On Sunday, August 6, 2023 at 7:28:41 PM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote: > On Sunday, August 6,
Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com>
12:31 PM (2 minutes ago)

to Plutonium Atom Universe
I need to know if X-rays and gamma rays are elliptical-polarization, and exclusively elliptical-polarization.

--- quoting NATURE ---
Article
Open Access
Published: 13 April 2022
Amplification of elliptically polarized sub-femtosecond pulses in neon-like X-ray laser modulated by an IR field

I. R. Khairulin, V. A. Antonov, M. Yu. Ryabikin, M. A. Berrill, V. N. Shlyaptsev, J. J. Rocca & Olga Kocharovskaya
Scientific Reports volume 12, Article number: 6204 (2022) Cite this article

629 Accesses
4 Citations
Metrics details
Abstract
Amplification of attosecond pulses produced via high harmonic generation is a formidable problem since none of the amplifiers can support the corresponding PHz bandwidth. Producing the well defined polarization state common for a set of harmonics required for formation of the circularly/elliptically polarized attosecond pulses (which are on demand for dynamical imaging and coherent control of the spin flip processes) is another big challenge. In this work we show how both problems can be tackled simultaneously on the basis of the same platform, namely, the plasma-based X-ray amplifier whose resonant transition frequency is modulated by an infrared field.

Introduction
In recent years, considerable attention has been paid to the generation of elliptically and circularly polarized high-order harmonics (HHs) of optical radiation. The interest in this problem is due to the possibility to use an elliptically polarized radiation of extreme ultraviolet (XUV) and X-ray ranges for probing the magnetic1,2 and chiral3,4,5 media and processes in them6,7, the development of spintronics8, etc.
--- end quoting ---

AP

Re: 24m views:: The importance of 3 and 1/3 in Physics-- no 4th dimension; Electromagnetic Spectrum; calculus meaningless after 3 // Physics research by Archimedes Plutonium

<b6821f91-9b7d-430f-9df3-09aa748f6adfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=144356&group=sci.math#144356

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 23:41:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 06:41 UTC

This book has become difficult for me in that writing it up almost finished, it was not logically coherent. Is the book about 3 and the importance of 3, or as I found in the last chapters, the book is more focused on a unification of Units of Math with Units of Physics.

If we look at units in physics such as this list:

electric current = i = A

Angular momentum L = kg*m^2/s

Magnetic Field = kg /A*s^2

Voltage = kg*m^2 /A*s^3

velocity or speed = m/s

acceleration = m/s^2

angular momentum = kg*m^2/s

frequency = 1/s

Force = kg*m/s^2

Pressure = kg / m*s^2

Energy = kg*m^2 / s^2

Power, or radiant flux = Energy times frequency, = kg*m^2 / s^3

Quantity of Electricity, Coulomb = C = A*s ( not the silly daffy + or - charge but a wire of monopoles)

Inertia = ML^2

Energy = Force x distance = work = ML^2T^-2

Kinetic Energy = 1/2 mv^2 = 1/2 ML^2T^-2

Force = current x mass x acceleration = ma = MLT^-2

Action = energy*time or it is momentum*length

velocity = LT^-1

acceleration = LT^-2

energy EM = ML^2T^-2

Entropy = ML^2T^-2
force = MLT^-2

frequency = T^-1

linear momentum EM = MLT^-1

linear momentum = MLT^-1

action = ML^2T^-1

Pressure = ML^-1T^-2

Power = ML^2T^-3

Entropy = ML^2T^-2

Magnetic Field = kg /A*s^2 = kg /C*s

Current = C = A*s = wire ( not the silly daffy + or - charge, but an actual wire of monopoles)

Voltage = kg*m^2 /A*s^3 = kg*m^2 /C*s^2

Pressure = kg/m*s^2
energy EM = ML^2T^-2

Entropy = ML^2T^-2
force = MLT^-2

Pressure = kg / m*s^2

Energy = kg*m^2 / s^2

Force = kg*m/s^2

Power = kg*m^2/s^3

Resistance = kg*m^2 /A^2*s^3 = kg*m^2 /C *A*s^2

Capacitance = A^2*s^4/ kg*m^2

velocity or speed = m/s

acceleration = m/s^2

angular momentum L = kg m^2/(A)s

frequency = 1/s

Force = kg*m/s^2

Pressure = kg / m*s^2

Energy = kg*m^2 / s^2

Power, or radiant flux = Energy times frequency, = kg*m^2 / s^3

Quantity of Electricity, current, Coulomb = C = A*s

Voltage is the (a) Electric Potential, the (b) Potential Difference and (c) Electromotive Force and all of which has the Units of W/A = kg*m^2/A*s^3

Capacitance = farad = C/V = A^2*s^4 / kg*m^2

Electrical Resistance = ohm = kg*m^2 /A^2*s^3

Conductance = A/V = A^2*s^3 / kg*m^2

Magnetic Flux = V*s = kg*m^2 /A*s^2

Magnetic Field = tesla = kg /A*s^2

Electric Field is E = kg*m^2/ A*s^2 = kg*m^2/ C*s

Resistance = kg*m^2/A^2*s^3

Inductance =  kg*m^2 /A^2*s^2

velocity = LT^-1

acceleration = LT^-2

energy EM = ML^2T^-2

energy = ML^2T^-2

action = ML^2 T^-1

force = MLT^-2

frequency = T^-1

linear momentum = MLT^-1

Angular momentum = ML^2T^-1

Force = MLT^-2

Energy = ML^2T^-2

Pressure = ML^-1T^-2

Power = ML^2T^-3

Entropy = ML^2T^-2

Angular momentum L = kg*m^2/s

Action = kg*m^2/s where angular momentum = action = electric field

Current = A where the A represents Ampere

Quantity of Current = C = A*s where the C represents Coulomb

Magnetic Field B = kg/ C*s

Electric Field is E = kg*m^2/ A*s^2 = kg*m^2/ C*s

Voltage = C*B*E  = kg*m^2 /A*s^3 = kg*m^2 /C*s^2

Conductance = A/V = A^2*s^3 / kg*m^2

Capacitance = farad = C/V = A^2*s^4 / kg*m^2

If we look at that list, we do see some exponent 3, but rarely, and there is even a exponent 4 in capacitance.

But here is a theme I want to discuss. The derivative of calculus in math is 2 dimensional of a x-axis and y-axis where the integral is area under function graph curve. And when you take the integral, you raise the exponent to a higher power. So if the function is in 2D and raising it in integral we are in 3D.

If we are in 2D with the function graph and taking the derivative, we lower the exponent by 1 (polynomial power rule of calculus).

For example, we have a function graph of speed meters/second. The derivative is acceleration of meters/seconds^2 and if we include a mass we have force. The integral with respect to meters is meters^2/sec a angular momentum. Taking the derivative of meters^2/second with respect to seconds is meters^2/seconds^2 which is Energy if we include mass.

So what are the units of Mathematics if the above is a list of units in Physics. That Physics list of units is basically Mass and Meters and Time, the common familiar MKS physics units of meters, kilograms, seconds.

Now math also has units but they never admitted to that fact. In Math, the units are the 3 variables of the x-axis, the y-axis and the z-axis.

So in physics, the units are MKS and in math the units are xyz axes. In fact this is what we do when we take speed as being x axis of time and y axis as distance length, the dy/dx of a function graph, its slope at a point on the graph.

Now in the above physics units listed there appears to be some parameters that are not MKS such as Ampere A or C Coulomb, and even some units have a T temperature. But all those can be reduced to MKS.

And so, what is the link-up here of the number 3 with the units of math or units of physics? The link-up is that we need just 3 such units in both math and in physics.

And it is important that the graph is 2D, which when integrated becomes 3D, and that dimension of Space ends at 3D. So the Calculus of mathematics is going to determine what are meaningful units.

AP