Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 03:19:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Who proved that (Pi) is constant, whereas it is not even a real
number on the number line?
From: b.karzed...@yahoo.com (bassam karzeddin)
 by: bassam karzeddin - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 10:19 UTC

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 9:43:19 PM UTC+3, Don Redmond wrote:
> On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 3:16:53 AM UTC-5, bassam king karzeddin wrote:

> > Don wrote:
> >
> > > Probably Euclid, if not even earlier. He proved that the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter is a constant, which eventually was called pi, by William Jones, in the 1700's, I think.
> > >
> > > Don
> >
> > How can you trust that (Pi) is a constant if it is truly and absolutely increasing forever
> >
> > Of course, convergence concept was introduced much later than (Pi) had been settled from a very old definition, beside imperfection of the truthiness of the convergence concept that would never imply perfect equality
> >
> > BKK
> The constancy of pi, from Euclid's point of view, has nothing to do with convergence.
>
> Decimal approximations are a whole different subject. All Euclid did was prove that the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter is a constant. Ditto for spheres and their diameters. I believe Archimedes was the first to show that these two constants were related to each other in a very simple manner.
>
> Don

All those beliefs were proven false nowadays, wither defind by Euclid or anyone before or after him, since Pi is actually never any constant number nor it is for the so-called circle 🔵 in all human languages

But Pi is solely & completely a property of regular existing polygons, such that for each regular polygon with eve number of sides, there is a unique Pi, which can be comparable with decimal rational numbers

Hence, the old definition of Pi among humans is quite false for sure

And the new definition of Pi isn't infact for circle

Dare you say & apply it the way I only did teach you earlier!

Hard luck

Bassam karzeddin 🔊