Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 19:08:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: John Gabriel is obviously wrong about imaginary numbers
From: b.karzed...@yahoo.com (bassam karzeddin)
 by: bassam karzeddin - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 02:08 UTC

On Saturday, June 29, 2019 at 7:53:18 AM UTC+3, blackop...@gmail.com wrote:
> Then what do you have to say for the solution to the equation x^3=15x+4.. The equation is cubic, so we know that it has at least one real root. This is also known as Cardan's problem. Using del ferro's solution, a proven way of solving cubics, we find that the solution has -121 in a radical, making the solution imaginary, which according to you doesn't exist. There are one of two possibilities. Either Cardan's problem has no solution or it does. We know that it does because it crosses the x-axis at least once, meaning there is at least one root. Then is ferro's solution to finding cubic roots wrong? No, the proof is verified and comes out to be true time and time again. So if we know there is a real solution, that there is only 1 solution, and that that del Ferro's method is true, then what are we left with here? The fact that imaginary numbers are real and that this video is simply false.

Most likely that you didn't learn yet that a polonomial like (x^3 = 2), has no solutions at all, since this polonomial is actually Doubling the Cube; an old Greek's problem, which is absolutely impossible to be solved by any tools or means as well
Where also that would refute the human invented immaginary numbers FOR SURE

BKK