All the existing 2.0.x kernels are to buggy for 2.1.x to be the main goal. -- Alan Cox

tech / rec.photo.digital / Re: Selling $50k Nikon lens on Ebay. Not so great when you consider

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Selling $50k Nikon lens on Ebay. Not so great when you considerAlan Browne
+- Re: Selling $50k Nikon lens on Ebay. Not so great when you considerAlan Browne
`* Re: Selling $50k Nikon lens on Ebay. Not so great when you considergeoff
 `- Re: Selling $50k Nikon lens on Ebay. Not so great when you considerBill W

1
Re: Selling $50k Nikon lens on Ebay. Not so great when you consider

<puBhN.27493$LONb.25868@fx08.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=14839&group=rec.photo.digital#14839

Subject: Re: Selling $50k Nikon lens on Ebay. Not so great when you consider
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 08:43:48 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 13:43 UTC

On 2023-12-22 23:32, Rich wrote:
> I remember when one of these could be had for $4000. In-fact I saw on for that price. But remember, this guy sold his on Ebay, so not only is he whacked for around 15% in total Ebay fees, he's on the hook for Biden's new income tax fee on the total sale price of the lens. So that's around $14,000.

It would be on the profit, so 50K, minus what he paid for it originally,
minus transaction fees.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Selling $50k Nikon lens on Ebay. Not so great when you consider

<5EBiN.32904$CYpe.28463@fx40.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=14840&group=rec.photo.digital#14840

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 09:43:13 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 14:43 UTC

On 2023-12-25 23:22, Rich wrote:
> On Saturday 23 December 2023 at 08:43:56 UTC-5, Alan Browne wrote:
>> On 2023-12-22 23:32, Rich wrote:
>>> I remember when one of these could be had for $4000. In-fact I saw on for that price. But remember, this guy sold his on Ebay, so not only is he whacked for around 15% in total Ebay fees, he's on the hook for Biden's new income tax fee on the total sale price of the lens. So that's around $14,000.
>> It would be on the profit, so 50K, minus what he paid for it originally,
>> minus transaction fees.
>>
>> --
>> “Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
>> - John Maynard Keynes.
>
> Grasping ("we never met a dollar we couldn't spend") democrats panicked, they started a convoluted delay process

Odd that in the US the spenders are the GOP red states. The Blue states
pay the taxes that the red states spend.
Meanwhile the main focus of the GOP wrt the IRS is to defund it so it
cannot audit the rich..

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Selling $50k Nikon lens on Ebay. Not so great when you consider

<Yv-dnb62IsTC5Bb4nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=14841&group=rec.photo.digital#14841

Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 14:09:51 +1300
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 01:09 UTC

On 24/12/2023 2:43 am, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2023-12-22 23:32, Rich wrote:
>> I remember when one of these could be had for $4000.  In-fact I saw on
>> for that price.  But remember, this guy sold his on Ebay, so not only
>> is he whacked for around 15% in total Ebay fees, he's on the hook for
>> Biden's new income tax fee on the total sale price of the lens.  So
>> that's around $14,000.
>
> It would be on the profit, so 50K, minus what he paid for it originally,
> minus transaction fees.

Surprising how loudly the Trumpettes love to display their ignorance.

geoff

Re: Selling $50k Nikon lens on Ebay. Not so great when you consider

<0001HW.2B3BC12B00E0353730E22E38F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=14842&group=rec.photo.digital#14842

From: noth...@nowhere.com (Bill W)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 20:19:23 -0600
 by: Bill W - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 02:19 UTC

On Dec 26, 2023, geoff wrote
(in article<Yv-dnb62IsTC5Bb4nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>):

> On 24/12/2023 2:43 am, Alan Browne wrote:
> > On 2023-12-22 23:32, Rich wrote:
> > > I remember when one of these could be had for $4000. In-fact I saw on
> > > for that price. But remember, this guy sold his on Ebay, so not only
> > > is he whacked for around 15% in total Ebay fees, he's on the hook for
> > > Biden's new income tax fee on the total sale price of the lens. So
> > > that's around $14,000.
> >
> > It would be on the profit, so 50K, minus what he paid for it originally,
> > minus transaction fees.
>
> Surprising how loudly the Trumpettes love to display their ignorance.
>
> Geoff
Not nearly as surprising as the consistent total ignorance of all liberals.
They’re supposed to be smart. They keep telling us that, anyway.