From: jon8...@live.com (Jon G.)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Subject: Mach Projectile and GPS Trilateration
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 11:27:40 -0400
 by: Jon G. - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 15:27 UTC

MACH PROJECTILE REVERSE TRIANGULATION & GPS TRILATERATION SOLUTION

https://banjo.bravesites.com/

The component of the tangent that lies in the plane of the 3 microphones
and in the direction between two of them, is obtained by taking the dot
prodcut of the unit direction with the tangent.

The cross product of two parallel vectors is zero. Use this virtue to
find a parallel vector between a point on the plane and the
instantaneous position of the projectile.

3 or more satellites send time stamped signals to the GPS receiver,
rendering the distances between each satellite and the receiver.

Re: Mach Projectile and GPS Trilateration

<uf2d3g$3av35$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=149471&group=sci.math#149471

From: jon8...@live.com (Jon G.)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Subject: Re: Mach Projectile and GPS Trilateration
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 19:16:00 -0400
 by: Jon G. - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 23:16 UTC

On 9/21/2023 11:27 AM, Jon G. wrote:
> MACH PROJECTILE REVERSE TRIANGULATION & GPS TRILATERATION SOLUTION
>
> https://banjo.bravesites.com/
>
> The component of the tangent that lies in the plane of the 3 microphones
> and in the direction between two of them, is obtained by taking the dot
> prodcut of the unit direction with the tangent.
>
> The cross product of two parallel vectors is zero.  Use this virtue to
> find a parallel vector between a point on the plane and the
> instantaneous position of the projectile.
>
> 3 or more satellites send time stamped signals to the GPS receiver,
> rendering the distances between each satellite and the receiver.

2nd edition. Some mistakes corrected.

https://banjo.bravesites.com/

The idea was to place several microphones on a helicopter so that when
it was fired at, the information could locate the shooter.