From: chris.m....@gmail.com (Chris M. Thomasson)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Subject: Re: F-16s wins the war for Ukraine as WW2 was won with the Battle of
Britain// SCIENCE COUNCIL RULES EARTH, not petty dictators
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 18:00:30 -0700
 by: Chris M. Thomasson - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 01:00 UTC

On 9/22/2023 1:35 PM, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> Ukraine-- please wait for the F-16 fighter jet to win back your lands, let the jets do the heavy lifting of pushing out the Russians, Do not lose more men in a ground offensive // Science Council Rules Earth, not petty dictators
[...]

f-16? Really? That is an old plane.

Re: F-16s wins the war for Ukraine as WW2 was won with the Battle of Britain// SCIENCE COUNCIL RULES EARTH, not petty dictators

<uellaa$l2ck$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=149036&group=sci.math#149036

From: vol...@invalid.invalid (Volney)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Britain// SCIENCE COUNCIL RULES EARTH, not petty dictators
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 23:16:26 -0400
 by: Volney - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 03:16 UTC

On 9/22/2023 9:00 PM, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
> On 9/22/2023 1:35 PM, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
>> Ukraine-- please wait for the F-16 fighter jet to win back your lands,
>> let the jets do the heavy lifting of pushing out the Russians, Do not
>> lose more men in a ground offensive // Science Council Rules Earth,
>> not petty dictators
> [...]
>
> f-16? Really? That is an old plane.

Lots of what is being sent to Ukraine is old stuff. Even HIMARS.

Essentially russia is losing to the west's army surplus store.

Re: F-16s wins the war for Ukraine as WW2 was won with the Battle of Britain// SCIENCE COUNCIL RULES EARTH, not petty dictators

<uelo9o$lic1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=149044&group=sci.math#149044

From: chris.m....@gmail.com (Chris M. Thomasson)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Britain// SCIENCE COUNCIL RULES EARTH, not petty dictators
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 21:07:18 -0700
 by: Chris M. Thomasson - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 04:07 UTC

On 9/22/2023 8:16 PM, Volney wrote:
> On 9/22/2023 9:00 PM, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
>> On 9/22/2023 1:35 PM, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
>>> Ukraine-- please wait for the F-16 fighter jet to win back your
>>> lands, let the jets do the heavy lifting of pushing out the Russians,
>>> Do not lose more men in a ground offensive // Science Council Rules
>>> Earth, not petty dictators
>> [...]
>>
>> f-16? Really? That is an old plane.
>>
> Lots of what is being sent to Ukraine is old stuff. Even HIMARS.
>
> Essentially russia is losing to the west's army surplus store.

The usa should send in 100 f35's and 42 f22's on cap loaded for bear
with HARM missiles. So, this war is almost akin to the: US will fight
until every last Ukrainian is dead?

Re: F-16s wins the war for Ukraine as WW2 was won with the Battle of Britain// SCIENCE COUNCIL RULES EARTH, not petty dictators

<uem0b6$mgr1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=149052&group=sci.math#149052

From: vol...@invalid.invalid (Volney)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Britain// SCIENCE COUNCIL RULES EARTH, not petty dictators
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 02:24:36 -0400
 by: Volney - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 06:24 UTC

On 9/23/2023 12:07 AM, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
> On 9/22/2023 8:16 PM, Volney wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> f-16? Really? That is an old plane.
>>>
>> Lots of what is being sent to Ukraine is old stuff. Even HIMARS.
>>
>> Essentially russia is losing to the west's army surplus store.
>
> The usa should send in 100 f35's and 42 f22's on cap loaded for bear
> with HARM missiles. So, this war is almost akin to the: US will fight
> until every last Ukrainian is dead?

We definitely should send more/better stuff. I think the military is
uneasy about sending stuff that's _too_ new. Politicians are still
afraid of "escalations" if we send better stuff. So it is whining until
we send F-16s, whining until ATACMS etc. Meanwhile, Ukraine hit the
headquarters of the Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol and denazified a
freaking ADMIRAL. Storm Shadows from the UK. And they got another army
HQ in Melitopol but "only" wounded the officer (a general?) in charge
there. Ukraine is using what they have responsibly.

Re: F-16s wins the war for Ukraine as WW2 was won with the Battle of Britain// SCIENCE COUNCIL RULES EARTH, not petty dictators

<uenbub$tfau$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=149073&group=sci.math#149073

From: chris.m....@gmail.com (Chris M. Thomasson)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Britain// SCIENCE COUNCIL RULES EARTH, not petty dictators
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 11:48:42 -0700
 by: Chris M. Thomasson - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 18:48 UTC

On 9/22/2023 11:24 PM, Volney wrote:
> On 9/23/2023 12:07 AM, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:

>>> Lots of what is being sent to Ukraine is old stuff. Even HIMARS.
>>>
>>> Essentially russia is losing to the west's army surplus store.
>>
>> The usa should send in 100 f35's and 42 f22's on cap loaded for bear
>> with HARM missiles. So, this war is almost akin to the: US will fight
>> until every last Ukrainian is dead?
>
> We definitely should send more/better stuff. I think the military is
> uneasy about sending stuff that's _too_ new. Politicians are still
> afraid of "escalations" if we send better stuff. So it is whining until
> we send F-16s, whining until ATACMS etc. Meanwhile, Ukraine hit the
> headquarters of the Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol and denazified a
> freaking ADMIRAL. Storm Shadows from the UK. And they got another army
> HQ in Melitopol but "only" wounded the officer (a general?) in charge
> there. Ukraine is using what they have responsibly.

Well, escalations are worrisome. It kind of seems like this war is being
sort of intentionally "slow walked" into something that is going to be a
nightmare scenario. If we are going to actually fight the war, well, do
it, or do nothing. Ukraine is being slowly destroyed.

Re: F-16s wins the war for Ukraine as WW2 was won with the Battle of Britain// SCIENCE COUNCIL RULES EARTH, not petty dictators

<uenjtg$vafk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=149094&group=sci.math#149094

From: vol...@invalid.invalid (Volney)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Britain// SCIENCE COUNCIL RULES EARTH, not petty dictators
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 17:04:46 -0400
 by: Volney - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 21:04 UTC

On 9/23/2023 2:48 PM, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
> On 9/22/2023 11:24 PM, Volney wrote:

>>> The usa should send in 100 f35's and 42 f22's on cap loaded for bear
>>> with HARM missiles. So, this war is almost akin to the: US will fight
>>> until every last Ukrainian is dead?
>>
>> We definitely should send more/better stuff. I think the military is
>> uneasy about sending stuff that's _too_ new. Politicians are still
>> afraid of "escalations" if we send better stuff. So it is whining
>> until we send F-16s, whining until ATACMS etc. Meanwhile, Ukraine hit
>> the headquarters of the Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol and denazified a
>> freaking ADMIRAL. Storm Shadows from the UK. And they got another army
>> HQ in Melitopol but "only" wounded the officer (a general?) in charge
>> there. Ukraine is using what they have responsibly.
>
> Well, escalations are worrisome. It kind of seems like this war is being
> sort of intentionally "slow walked" into something that is going to be a
> nightmare scenario. If we are going to actually fight the war, well, do
> it, or do nothing. Ukraine is being slowly destroyed.

As much as I hate war, you are exactly correct. Even as a kid during the
US Vietnam era, I saw the "limited warfare" concept. You have to go all
in or get the hell out. As a kid I saw and understood that.

Fortunately the Ukrainians have been getting some decent stuff and they
use their limited resources very well. The Storm Shadows from the UK and
France are powerful weapons, and Ukraine has already struck the Black
Sea Fleet headquarters, a ship and submarine in drydock (and the
drydocks themselves) and other big military headquarters. They know what
they are doing. HUGE change from 2014 when Russia pretty much walked
into Crimea nearly unopposed.