Some changes are so slow, you don't notice them. Others are so fast, they don't notice you.

interests / sci.anthropology.paleo / human Se & I requirements

SubjectAuthor
* human Se & I requirementslittor...@gmail.com
`* Re: human Se & I requirementsDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
 `* Re: human Se & I requirementslittor...@gmail.com
  `- Re: human Se & I requirementsDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

1
human Se & I requirements

<96743eb5-107a-49ea-933e-2dcca2dd8e5an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14926&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14926

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 05:15:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: human Se & I requirements
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 12:15 UTC

Thyroidal and Extrathyroidal Requirements for Iodine and Selenium:
a Combined Evolutionary and (Patho)Physiological Approach
DA Janneke Dijck-Brouwer cs 2022
Nutrients 14 (19) 3886 doi org/10.3390/nu14193886

Iodide is an anti-oxidant, oxidant & thyroid hormone constituent.
Seleno-proteins are needed for tri-iodo-thyronine synthesis, its deactivation & iodine release.
They also protect thyroidal & extra-thyroidal tissues from H2O2 used in the ‘peroxidase partner system’.
This system produces thyroid hormone & reactive iodine in exocrine glands to kill microbes.
Exocrine glands recycle iodine, and with high urinary clearance require constant dietary supply, unlike the thyroid.
Disbalanced iodine-selenium explains relations between thyroid auto-immune disease TAD & cancer of thyroid & exocrine organs: stomach, breast, prostate.
- Sea-food is iodine-unconstrained, but selenium-constrained.
- Terrestrial food contains little iodine, while Se ranges from highly deficient, to highly toxic.
Iodine vs TAD is U-shaped, but only low Se relates to TAD.
Oxidative stress from low Se, and infection from disbalanced I-Se, may generate cancer of thyroid & exocrine glands.
Traditional Japanese diet resembles our ancient sea-shore-based diet, and relates to a-fore-mentioned diseases.
Adequate iodine might be in the milligram range, but is toxic at low Se.
Optimal seleno-protein-P at 105 µg Se/day agrees with Japanese intakes..
Se upper limit may remain at 300–400 µg/day.
Sea-food combines I, Se & other critical nutrients.
It brings us back to the sea-shore diet that made us what we currently still are.

:-)

Re: human Se & I requirements

<95e94d82-47c0-416c-a996-02f1b927df6cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14927&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14927

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 05:35:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: human Se & I requirements
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 12:35 UTC

On Thursday, September 22, 2022 at 8:15:42 AM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> Thyroidal and Extrathyroidal Requirements for Iodine and Selenium:
> a Combined Evolutionary and (Patho)Physiological Approach
> DA Janneke Dijck-Brouwer cs 2022
> Nutrients 14 (19) 3886 doi org/10.3390/nu14193886
>
> Iodide is an anti-oxidant, oxidant & thyroid hormone constituent.
> Seleno-proteins are needed for tri-iodo-thyronine synthesis, its deactivation & iodine release.
> They also protect thyroidal & extra-thyroidal tissues from H2O2 used in the ‘peroxidase partner system’.
> This system produces thyroid hormone & reactive iodine in exocrine glands to kill microbes.
> Exocrine glands recycle iodine, and with high urinary clearance require constant dietary supply, unlike the thyroid.
> Disbalanced iodine-selenium explains relations between thyroid auto-immune disease TAD & cancer of thyroid & exocrine organs: stomach, breast, prostate.
> - Sea-food is iodine-unconstrained, but selenium-constrained.
> - Terrestrial food contains little iodine, while Se ranges from highly deficient, to highly toxic.
> Iodine vs TAD is U-shaped, but only low Se relates to TAD.
> Oxidative stress from low Se, and infection from disbalanced I-Se, may generate cancer of thyroid & exocrine glands.
> Traditional Japanese diet resembles our ancient sea-shore-based diet, and relates to a-fore-mentioned diseases.
> Adequate iodine might be in the milligram range, but is toxic at low Se.
> Optimal seleno-protein-P at 105 µg Se/day agrees with Japanese intakes.
> Se upper limit may remain at 300–400 µg/day.
> Sea-food combines I, Se & other critical nutrients.
> It brings us back to the sea-shore diet that made us what we currently still are.
>
> :-)

Marine seafood simply has a higher concentration of some chemicals found in freshwater ecosystems, salt, (selenium, iodine = trace elements) accumulate in any riparian lacustrine basin, including the Congo basin, the Atacama desert region, California inland basins etc. The malnutrition of trace elements is mainly due to poor agro-economic practices, populations unable to get broadband foods in their carb-heavy diet, which did not occur amongst ancient nomadic hunting & gathering populations.

Re: human Se & I requirements

<69be5781-b79f-4478-a18c-6f30b795b1fan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14933&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14933

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 11:12:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 18:12 UTC

Op donderdag 22 september 2022 om 14:35:39 UTC+2 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:

> > Thyroidal and Extrathyroidal Requirements for Iodine and Selenium:
> > a Combined Evolutionary and (Patho)Physiological Approach
> > DA Janneke Dijck-Brouwer cs 2022 Nutrients 14 (19) 3886 doi org/10.3390/nu14193886
> > Iodide is an anti-oxidant, oxidant & thyroid hormone constituent.
> > Seleno-proteins are needed for tri-iodo-thyronine synthesis, its deactivation & iodine release.
> > They also protect thyroidal & extra-thyroidal tissues from H2O2 used in the ‘peroxidase partner system’.
> > This system produces thyroid hormone & reactive iodine in exocrine glands to kill microbes.
> > Exocrine glands recycle iodine, and with high urinary clearance require constant dietary supply, unlike the thyroid.
> > Disbalanced iodine-selenium explains relations between thyroid auto-immune disease TAD & cancer of thyroid & exocrine organs: stomach, breast, prostate.
> > - Sea-food is iodine-unconstrained, but selenium-constrained.
> > - Terrestrial food contains little iodine, while Se ranges from highly deficient, to highly toxic.
> > Iodine vs TAD is U-shaped, but only low Se relates to TAD.
> > Oxidative stress from low Se, and infection from disbalanced I-Se, may generate cancer of thyroid & exocrine glands.
> > Traditional Japanese diet resembles our ancient sea-shore-based diet, and relates to a-fore-mentioned diseases.
> > Adequate iodine might be in the milligram range, but is toxic at low Se..
> > Optimal seleno-protein-P at 105 µg Se/day agrees with Japanese intakes.
> > Se upper limit may remain at 300–400 µg/day.
> > Sea-food combines I, Se & other critical nutrients.
> > It brings us back to the sea-shore diet that made us what we currently still are.
> > :-)

> Marine seafood simply has a higher concentration of some chemicals found in freshwater ecosystems, salt, (selenium, iodine = trace elements) accumulate in any riparian lacustrine basin, including the Congo basin, the Atacama desert region, California inland basins etc. The malnutrition of trace elements is mainly due to poor agro-economic practices, populations unable to get broadband foods in their carb-heavy diet, which did not occur amongst ancient nomadic hunting & gathering populations.

My little boy, why this irrelevant blabla??
Already caught yor kudu?

:-DDD

Re: human Se & I requirements

<0c43f3bc-de45-48a2-b9c6-8af552c6c150n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14934&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#14934

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 11:37:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 18:37 UTC

On Thursday, September 22, 2022 at 2:12:06 PM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> Op donderdag 22 september 2022 om 14:35:39 UTC+2 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:
> > > Thyroidal and Extrathyroidal Requirements for Iodine and Selenium:
> > > a Combined Evolutionary and (Patho)Physiological Approach
> > > DA Janneke Dijck-Brouwer cs 2022 Nutrients 14 (19) 3886 doi org/10.3390/nu14193886
> > > Iodide is an anti-oxidant, oxidant & thyroid hormone constituent.
> > > Seleno-proteins are needed for tri-iodo-thyronine synthesis, its deactivation & iodine release.
> > > They also protect thyroidal & extra-thyroidal tissues from H2O2 used in the ‘peroxidase partner system’.
> > > This system produces thyroid hormone & reactive iodine in exocrine glands to kill microbes.
> > > Exocrine glands recycle iodine, and with high urinary clearance require constant dietary supply, unlike the thyroid.
> > > Disbalanced iodine-selenium explains relations between thyroid auto-immune disease TAD & cancer of thyroid & exocrine organs: stomach, breast, prostate.
> > > - Sea-food is iodine-unconstrained, but selenium-constrained.
> > > - Terrestrial food contains little iodine, while Se ranges from highly deficient, to highly toxic.
> > > Iodine vs TAD is U-shaped, but only low Se relates to TAD.
> > > Oxidative stress from low Se, and infection from disbalanced I-Se, may generate cancer of thyroid & exocrine glands.
> > > Traditional Japanese diet resembles our ancient sea-shore-based diet, and relates to a-fore-mentioned diseases.
> > > Adequate iodine might be in the milligram range, but is toxic at low Se.
> > > Optimal seleno-protein-P at 105 µg Se/day agrees with Japanese intakes.
> > > Se upper limit may remain at 300–400 µg/day.
> > > Sea-food combines I, Se & other critical nutrients.
> > > It brings us back to the sea-shore diet that made us what we currently still are.
> > > :-)
>
> > Marine seafood simply has a higher concentration of some chemicals found in freshwater ecosystems, salt, (selenium, iodine = trace elements) accumulate in any riparian lacustrine basin, including the Congo basin, the Atacama desert region, California inland basins etc. The malnutrition of trace elements is mainly due to poor agro-economic practices, populations unable to get broadband foods in their carb-heavy diet, which did not occur amongst ancient nomadic hunting & gathering populations.
> My little boy, why this irrelevant blabla??
Cite please:
> Already caught yor kudu?
Kudu fish trap trout. So?
> :-DDD