Subject: Re: New OM (Olympus) camera. Pretty interesting specs at a price
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: alfred_m...@yahoo.com (Alfred Molon)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 18:19:02 +0100
 by: Alfred Molon - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 17:19 UTC

Am 02.02.2024 um 06:12 schrieb Rich:
> Blindingly fast frame rates, high resolution EVF, etc. But $2400 list for the body, which is about twice what the top bodies were a few years ago.

Which top body cost $1200 a few years ago?
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site

Re: New OM (Olympus) camera. Pretty interesting specs at a price

<6CtvN.51467$Um93.23578@fx13.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=14965&group=rec.photo.digital#14965

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: alfred_m...@yahoo.com (Alfred Molon)
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 17:12:51 +0100
 by: Alfred Molon - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 16:12 UTC

Am 03.02.2024 um 06:31 schrieb Rich:
> On Friday 2 February 2024 at 12:19:10 UTC-5, Alfred Molon wrote:
>> Am 02.02.2024 um 06:12 schrieb Rich:
>>> Blindingly fast frame rates, high resolution EVF, etc. But $2400 list for the body, which is about twice what the top bodies were a few years ago.
>> Which top body cost $1200 a few years ago?
>> --
>> Alfred Molon
>>
>> Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
>> https://groups.io/g/myolympus
>> https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site
>
> I bought the 1 and II for about that much. The big body, forget the number, with the build-in grip, was a flop designed to waste time competing with Nikon and Canon so it doesn't count.

If you are referring to the Olympus E-M1 Mark II, I bought that in 2017
for 2000 Euro. Add inflation and we are not far away from 2400 Euro of
today.

By the way, a full frame top body from Sony or Canon costs 5000 - 7000
Euro these days.