In the long run we are all dead. -- John Maynard Keynes

interests / sci.anthropology.paleo / Aquarboreal Mio-Pliocene Hominoidea, littoral Pleistocene Homo

SubjectAuthor
* Aquarboreal Mio-Pliocene Hominoidea, littoral Pleistocene Homolittor...@gmail.com
`- Re: Aquarboreal Mio-Pliocene Hominoidea, littoral Pleistocene HomoDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

1
Aquarboreal Mio-Pliocene Hominoidea, littoral Pleistocene Homo

<318b57fa-c588-4981-8f3e-c9de9bfb4124n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15028&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#15028

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 15:15:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Aquarboreal Mio-Pliocene Hominoidea, littoral Pleistocene Homo
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 22:15 UTC

Without aquarboreal theory, no AAT.
Hominoidea=Latisternalia evolved (vs monkeys): very broad sternum+thorax+pelvis = lateral (vs ventral) arms+legs, centrally- (vs dorsally-)placed spine (vertical=bipedal=wading+climbing): arms>legs, tail loss, large body etc.
aqua=water, arbor=tree: early apes waded+climbed vertically in swamp forests: coastal? mangroves??

Did this begin in the Ind.Ocean? Plate tectonics: India approaching Asia created archipelagoes, full of coastal forests. India further underneath Asia split great (W) & lesser (E) apes. Great apes colonized the Tethys Seacoasts. The Mesopotamian Seaway closure c 15 Ma split hominids+dryopiths (W) & pongids+sivapiths (E). Pongids forced hylobatids higher into the trees in SE.Asia. The hominids around the Med.Sea (Without aquarboreal theory, no AAT.
Hominoidea=Latisternalia (vs monkeys) evolved: very broad sternum+thorax+pelvis = lateral (vs ventral) arms+legs, centrally- (vs dorsally-)placed spine (vertical=bipedal=wading+climbing): arms>legs, tail loss, large body etc.
aqua=water, arbor=tree: they waded+climbed in swamp forests: coastal? mangroves??

I'd think this began in the Ind.Ocean: India approaching Asia created archipelagoes = full of coastal forests. India further underneath Asia split great (W) & lesser (E) apes. Great apes colonized the Tethys Sea coasts (e..g. Trachilos!), the Mesopotamian Seaway closure c 15 Ma split hominids+dryopiths (W) & pongids+sivapiths (E). Pongids forced hylobatids higher into the trees in SE.Asia. The hominids around the Med.Sea died out (Messinian Salinity Crisis), only those around the Red Sea survived. Gorilla=Praeanthropus followed the E.Afr.Rift formation 8 Ma. The Zanclean flood 5.3 Ma opened the Red Sea into the Ind.Ocean: Pan=Australopithecus s.s. went right, Homo went left: Java etc. Simple, no? :-) But I still don't know: did Homo become divers early-Pleistocene (cooling & more seafood??), or already Pliocene??Viral data suggest Pliocene Homo was in Asia (Ind.Ocean coasts?).
The traditional splitting dates fit perfectly: cercopith/hominid split c 30-35 Ma, great/lesser apes c 20-25 Ma, pongid/hominid c 15 Ma, Gorilla/HP c 8 Ma, Homo/Pan 5.3 Ma.
The geographic data on hominoids (ape/OWM split in Asia, Pongo & hylobatids now in SE.Asia, P & G in Africa) fit as beautifully.
The fossil data (e.g. Trachilos footprints) corroborate this.

In my Hum.Evol.papers, 2 different approaches gave (unexpectedly to me) the same results:
-E.Afr.apiths were morphologically closer to Gorilla than to H or P,
-S.Afr.apiths were closer to Pan than to H or G.
* 1996 HE 11:35-41 "Morphological Distance between Australopithecine, Human and Ape Skulls", based on measurements,
* 1994 HE 9:121-139 "Australopithecines: Ancestors of the African Apes?", based on descriptions of a lot of different authors.

without aquarboreal theory, no AAT.

Hominoidea=Latisternalia (vs monkeys) evolved: very broad sternum+thorax+pelvis = lateral (vs ventral) arms+legs, centrally- (vs dorsally-)placed spine (vertical=bipedal=wading+climbing): arms>legs, tail loss, large body etc. = aquarboreal: they lived in swamp forests: coastal? mangroves??

I'd think this began in the Ind.Ocean: India approaching Asia created archipelagoes = full of coastal forests. India further underneath Asia split great (W) & lesser (E) apes. Great apes colonized the Tethys Sea coasts (e..g. Trachilos!), the Mesopotamian Seaway closure c 15 Ma split hominids+dryopiths (W) & pongids+sivapiths (E). Pongids forced hylobatids higher into the trees in SE.Asia. The hominids around the Med.Sea Without aquarboreal theory, no AAT.
[...]

I'd think this began in the Ind.Ocean: India approaching Asia initially created archipelagoes = full of coastal forests: aquarboreal. India further underneath Asia split great (W) & lesser (E) apes. Great apes colonized the Tethys Sea coasts, the Mesopotamian Seaway closure c 15 Ma split hominids=dryopiths (W) & pongids=sivapiths (E). Pongids forced hylobatids higher into the trees in SE.Asia. The hominids around the Med.Sea (e.g. bipedal Trachilos footprints!) died out (Messinian Salinity Crisis), only those around the Red Sea survived. Gorilla=Praeanthropus followed the E.Afr.Rift formation 8 Ma (afarensis->boisei->gorillas). The Zanclean flood 5.3 Ma opened the Red Sea into the Ind.Ocean: Pan=Australopithecus s.s. went right (africanus->robustus->Pan // Gorilla), Homo went left: Java, Flores etc..

Simple, no? :-)
But I still don't know: did Homo become frequent divers early-Pleistocene (cooling = more seafood??), or already Pliocene??

This scenario explains what we know:
--Viral data suggest Pliocene Homo was in Asia (Ind.Ocean coasts?).
--The traditional DNA splitting dates fit perfectly: cercopiths/hominoids split c 30-35 Ma, great/lesser apes c 20-25 Ma, pongids/hominids c 15 Ma, Gorilla/Homo-Pan c 8 Ma, Homo/Pan 5.3 Ma.
--The geographic data on hominoids (ape/OWMonkey split in Asia, Pongo & hylobatids now live in SE.Asia, P & G in Africa) fit equally beautifully.
--All fossil data (e.g. Trachilos footprints) confirm this:
in my Hum.Evol.papers, 2 different approaches gave (unexpectedly to me) the same results:
-E.Afr.apiths were morphologically closer to Gorilla than to Homo or Pan,
-S.Afr.apiths were closer to Pan than to H or G.
* 1996 HE 11:35-41 "Morphological Distance between Australopithecine, Human and Ape Skulls", based on measurements,
* 1994 HE 9:121-139 "Australopithecines: Ancestors of the African Apes?", based on descriptions of a lot of different authors.

In short:
-Mio-Pliocene Hominoidea, google "aquarboreal ancestors",
-Pleistocene Homo, google "coastal dispersal Pleistocene Homo".

All this is described in my book (Eburon Utrecht NL 2022):
"De Evolutie van de Mens - waarom wij rechtop lopen en kunnen spreken".

Re: Aquarboreal Mio-Pliocene Hominoidea, littoral Pleistocene Homo

<f01d81d6-078b-4715-8993-ef1b7181f78en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15030&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#15030

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 18:14:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 01:14 UTC

On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 6:15:20 PM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> Without aquarboreal theory, no AAT.

Ask Hardy, Morgan, etc.