From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: San Bernardino iPhone Condor Legal Precendent Fed access to all
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 12:25:49 +0100
 by: Chris - Tue, 27 Apr 2021 11:25 UTC

On 27/04/2021 01:59, Rod Speed wrote:

>>> Far more often they do want to die.

>>> You don’t get to decide who arent thinking straight.
>>
>> I'm not. Most suicidal people have clinical diagnoses.
>
> Try that again in english, even google
> translate doesn’t do gobbledegook yet.

That *was* English.

The point is that the majority of suicidal people are known to the
health service due to ongoing medical conditions which range from
anxiety and depression to severe mental illness. All of which
pre-dispose people to suicide often through a brief time of crisis.

>>> Making them resort to less successful ways of killing themselves
>>> like hanging themselves or poisoning themselves doesn’t help them.
>>
>> Letting people kill themselves does not constitute "help".
>
> Those that have decided to kill themselves don’t need help.
>
>> Even in countries where they allow euthanasia, they don't just hand out
>> guns. It's carefully controlled and requires special legal process.
>
> Its not even illegal in most of the first world now.

Wrong.

> No one has to get some stupid bureaucrat to allow them to kill themselves.

Yes they do.

>>> The success rate with guns.
>>
>> That's not evidence
>
> Corse it is.

Speak English...

>>> You havent established that those who
>>> choose to kill themselves are in need.
>>
>> By definition anyone who is suicidal is in need.
>
> Mindlessly silly with those who have decided that
> they would prefer to be dead than to be alive.

Which is not a rational decision 99% of the time.

>>> If that what they have chosen to do, yep.

>>> What matter is what they have chosen to do.

>>> Whereas arseholes like you make it harder for those
>>> who have decided to kill themselves to do that reliably
>>> and effectively and more pleasantly.

>>> And yet few fail to hang themselves.
>>
>> Wrong.
>
> Nope.
>
>> The research I provided above shows
>> 38.6% of hangings are unsuccessful.
>
> But it hasn’t been established that all of those
> did actually want to hang themselves. Many of
> them were just attention seeking. Just as true
> of those tho pretend that they are about to
> jump off the roof etc.

Correct. Meaning that your assertion is even more wrong. Your position
only makes sense if everyone who's successful genuinely and rationally
wanted to die. You can't guarantee that as it's pretty much impossible
to discern given that the person to ask has blown their brains out.

What we *do know* is that many people who survive regret trying or were
not mentally fit to make a rational decision.

>>> And shooting yourself is a hell of a lot better for others than
>>> jumping in front of a train or jumping off a building etc.
>
>> Less bad, sure.
>
> So its stupid to make it harder to shoot yourself.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: San Bernardino iPhone Condor Legal Precendent Fed access to all phones

<ier4b8FbnifU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15239&group=comp.mobile.android#15239

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: San Bernardino iPhone Condor Legal Precendent Fed access to all phones
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 04:43:46 +1000
References: <s5ato9$mfs$1@gioia.aioe.org> <s5btgi$1a2q$1@gioia.aioe.org> <slrns7iunj.1k08.g.kreme@m1mini.local> <s5bv41$327$1@gioia.aioe.org> <s5cgu4$lqo$1@dont-email.me> <s5cnka$2ms$1@gioia.aioe.org> <slrns7k5oi.14bc.g.kreme@m1mini.local> <s5ddkb$gfe$1@gioia.aioe.org> <s5gude$gp4$1@dont-email.me> <s5h9ik$1ndc$1@gioia.aioe.org> <s5i8a6$pat$1@dont-email.me> <s5imn1$spt$1@gioia.aioe.org> <s5je1l$a17$1@dont-email.me> <s5jque$1ps9$1@gioia.aioe.org> <s5k40l$6rm$1@dont-email.me> <s5ka1r$1quh$1@gioia.aioe.org> <s5ketl$319$1@dont-email.me> <s5kk2n$16nu$1@gioia.aioe.org> <s5mghv$qr4$2@dont-email.me> <s5n2n2$sq6$1@gioia.aioe.org> <s5nbo5$bo5$1@dont-email.me> <ie9o0rFdv3U1@mid.individual.net> <s5rr60$bc6$1@dont-email.me> <iee95sFrga2U1@mid.individual.net> <s5ufe7$75r$1@dont-email.me> <iegoeiFbj5eU1@mid.individual.net> <s6638e$f7c$1@dont-email.me> <ieoe72Fqc12U1@mid.individual.net> <s676ec$2ng$1@dont-email.me> <iep5vrF5mmU1@mid.individual.net> <s68sbt$m0n$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 27 Apr 2021 18:43 UTC

> On 27/04/2021 01:59, Rod Speed wrote:
>>

>> "Chris" <ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I'm not. Most suicidal people have clinical diagnoses.
>>
>> Try that again in english, even google
>> translate doesn’t do gobbledegook yet.
>
> That *was* English.
>
> The point is that the majority of suicidal people are known to the health
> service due to ongoing medical conditions which range from anxiety and
> depression to severe mental illness.

Easy to claim. Pity it doesn’t explain why the suicide rate in the
USA is much higher than in quite a bit of the rest of the first
world with the exception of a few like Japan where it has always
been much more common than in most of the rest of the first world.

> All of which pre-dispose people to suicide

That all is bullshit.

> often through a brief time of crisis.

And so is that.

>>> Letting people kill themselves does not constitute "help".
>>
>> Those that have decided to kill themselves don’t need help.
>>
>>> Even in countries where they allow euthanasia, they don't just hand out
>>> guns. It's carefully controlled and requires special legal process.
>>
>> Its not even illegal in most of the first world now.
>
> Wrong.

Nope, have fun listing those where its still stupidly illegal.

>> No one has to get some stupid bureaucrat to allow them to kill
>> themselves.
>
> Yes they do.

Bullshit they do.

>>> That's not evidence
>>
>> Corse it is.
>
> Speak English...

Pathetic.

>>> By definition anyone who is suicidal is in need.
>>
>> Mindlessly silly with those who have decided that
>> they would prefer to be dead than to be alive.
>
> Which is not a rational decision 99% of the time.

That number is straight from your arse, we can tell by the smell.

>>> Wrong.
>>
>> Nope.
>>
>>> The research I provided above shows
>>> 38.6% of hangings are unsuccessful.
>>
>> But it hasn’t been established that all of those
>> did actually want to hang themselves. Many of
>> them were just attention seeking. Just as true
>> of those tho pretend that they are about to
>> jump off the roof etc.
>
> Correct. Meaning that your assertion is even more wrong.

Click here to read the complete article

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: San Bernardino iPhone Condor Legal Precendent Fed access to all phones