Cobol programmers are down in the dumps.

tech / rec.aviation.piloting / Its Raining GAs

SubjectAuthor
* Its Raining GAsGeoff Rove
`* Re: Its Raining GAsJim Pennino
 `- Re: Its Raining GAsGeoff Rove

1
Its Raining GAs

<19668825-00e9-40a4-9c20-bf3965977641n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=153&group=rec.aviation.piloting#153

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 08:26:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Its Raining GAs
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Geoff Rove)
 by: Geoff Rove - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 15:26 UTC

Around 6:40 a.m., San Bernardino Fire responded to reports of a structure fire at the Cable Airport,” said Eric Sherwin, Public Information Officer for the San Bernardino County Fire Department. “An additional 911 caller stated that a light aircraft had crashed into one of the hangars.”

The hangar is used by the Ontario Police Department to store their air support units, Sherwin said
A man, who witnessed a plane crash himself in Fullerton, said that he and his father — who is also a pilot — have seen planes crash at Cable Airport before.

“My dad flies out of Apple Valley Airport and lands here all the time, and we do occasionally see people come up short and a couple crashes here,” he said. “But nothing this bad, ever. This is really, really bad.”
All three people inside the aircraft, the pilot and two passengers, were pronounced dead at the scene. They have not been identified.

According to the Federal Aviation Administration, the single-engine Beechcraft P35 crashed during departure from the airport around 6:40 a.m. It struck an Ontario police department hangar

ABC7.com

Re: Its Raining GAs

<27nkqj-k6701.ln1@gonzo.specsol.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=154&group=rec.aviation.piloting#154

From: jim...@gonzo.specsol.net (Jim Pennino)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Subject: Re: Its Raining GAs
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 09:05:24 -0700
 by: Jim Pennino - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 16:05 UTC

Geoff Rove <jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Around 6:40 a.m., San Bernardino Fire responded to reports of a structure fire at the Cable Airport,” said Eric Sherwin, Public Information Officer for the San Bernardino County Fire Department. “An additional 911 caller stated that a light aircraft had crashed into one of the hangars.”

Not quite.

It basically crashed on the apron and slide into the hangar.

> The hangar is used by the Ontario Police Department to store their air support units, Sherwin said
> A man, who witnessed a plane crash himself in Fullerton, said that he and his father — who is also a pilot — have seen planes crash at Cable Airport before.

Who is this guy and his father that always seems to be around when a
plane crashes?

What a surprise, that an airport that has been in existence for over 75
years has had previous incidents.

> “My dad flies out of Apple Valley Airport and lands here all the time, and we do occasionally see people come up short and a couple crashes here,” he said. “But nothing this bad, ever. This is really, really bad.”

Pointless arm waving.

> All three people inside the aircraft, the pilot and two passengers, were pronounced dead at the scene. They have not been identified.

This happened 2 weeks ago and everyone was identified well before the
end of the day.

> According to the Federal Aviation Administration, the single-engine Beechcraft P35 crashed during departure from the airport around 6:40 a.m. It struck an Ontario police department hangar
>
> ABC7.com

Every indication so far is that it was a departure stall but no one
knows why as of yet.

Re: Its Raining GAs

<819eada3-696a-4f57-9ea5-963265aba9d3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=155&group=rec.aviation.piloting#155

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 17:06:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Geoff Rove)
 by: Geoff Rove - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 00:06 UTC

On Saturday, August 12, 2023 at 11:16:06 AM UTC-5, Jim Pennino wrote:
> Geoff Rove <jgro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Around 6:40 a.m., San Bernardino Fire responded to reports of a structure fire at the Cable Airport,” said Eric Sherwin, Public Information Officer for the San Bernardino County Fire Department. “An additional 911 caller stated that a light aircraft had crashed into one of the hangars.”
> >
> Not quite.
>
> It basically crashed on the apron and slide into the hangar.
> > The hangar is used by the Ontario Police Department to store their air support units, Sherwin said
> > A man, who witnessed a plane crash himself in Fullerton, said that he and his father — who is also a pilot — have seen planes crash at Cable Airport before.
> Who is this guy and his father that always seems to be around when a
> plane crashes?
>
> What a surprise, that an airport that has been in existence for over 75
> years has had previous incidents.
> >
> > “My dad flies out of Apple Valley Airport and lands here all the time, and we do occasionally see people come up short and a couple crashes here,” he said. “But nothing this bad, ever. This is really, really bad.”
> Pointless arm waving.
> > All three people inside the aircraft, the pilot and two passengers, were pronounced dead at the scene. They have not been identified.
> This happened 2 weeks ago and everyone was identified well before the
> end of the day.
> >
> > According to the Federal Aviation Administration, the single-engine Beechcraft P35 crashed during departure from the airport around 6:40 a.m. It struck an Ontario police department hangar
> >
> > ABC7.com
> Every indication so far is that it was a departure stall but no one
> knows why as of yet.

New pilot name to add to Wi To Lo, Igor Splatinov.