From: Ancient-...@Heaven.Net (Robin Goodfellow)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: text editor
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 13:16:02 +0000
 by: Robin Goodfellow - Sun, 9 May 2021 13:16 UTC

I put a text file from Windows onto my sdcard of my wifi settings.
Now I want to open that text file in my new Android phone.

My default choices are in a file manager or in a web browser.
Neither is a good choice so I probably need to add a text editor.

But which one?

What simple text editor do you use for cut & paste and if necessary to make
basic simple minor edits? (I'm not going to be editing text a lot.)

Re: text editor

<s79k8m$s6f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15401&group=comp.mobile.android#15401

From: kel...@privacy.invalid (kelown)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: text editor
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 16:29:56 -0500
 by: kelown - Sun, 9 May 2021 21:29 UTC

> I put a text file from Windows onto my sdcard of my wifi settings.
> Now I want to open that text file in my new Android phone.
>
> My default choices are in a file manager or in a web browser.
> Neither is a good choice so I probably need to add a text editor.
>
> But which one?
>
> What simple text editor do you use for cut & paste and if necessary to make
> basic simple minor edits? (I'm not going to be editing text a lot.)

Did you try opening text file with the file manager option? Many file
managers include a good basic text editor.

Re: text editor

<s79naf$a5o$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15402&group=comp.mobile.android#15402

From: Ancient-...@Heaven.Net (Robin Goodfellow)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 22:22:12 +0000
 by: Robin Goodfellow - Sun, 9 May 2021 22:22 UTC

kelown <kelown@privacy.invalid> asked

>> What simple text editor do you use for cut & paste and if necessary to make
>> basic simple minor edits? (I'm not going to be editing text a lot.)
>
> Did you try opening text file with the file manager option? Many file
> managers include a good basic text editor.

I didn't think of that!

When I first tried to open the text file from the file manager it gave me a
ton of choices most of which were web browsers and other file managers but
none were text editors. That's why I asked.

I just looked again after you said to try the file manager and I selected
one of the file managers and you're right that it opened up the text file so
that I could cut and paste some of the things (like the access point names
and the pass phrases) into the Wi-Fi settings.

So I didn't really need a text editor after all.

But since I needed to do it I couldn't wait for the answer and ended up
doing it already for all the access points using the TEdit editor which was
just the first text editor I found on Google Play when I searched.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atr.tedit

TEdit seems more like a file manager than a text editor anyway I think.
(It has its own file manager even as they bill it as a text editor.)

There were MANY other text editors to choose from (too many!).
I only need one good one (which I don't think TEdit is).

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: text editor