From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Me llamo Micky
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 12:37:47 -0400
 by: micky - Sun, 16 May 2021 16:37 UTC

This might interest people here, esp. Carlos and users of Amazon.

Somehow in Google search settings / search, I changed from Current
Region (whatever that is) to Spain, and I started getting some hits from
Spanish websites mixed in with English ones. I can read Spanish pretty
well, but I still toook it out -- days ago -- and went back to Current
Region (which seems to me should have been Spain, currently.)

Google search went back to English immediately but with Amazon, most of
it is still in Spanish. If I have nyc in the Firefox right-hand search
field, the first screen to come up is

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=nyc&link_code=qs&sourceid=Mozilla-search&tag=mozilla-20
Does the /s means Spanish? Why not es? Yet everything is in Spanish.

Then since I want to check on an order, I go to Devoluciones y Pedidos,
two words I don't know, but are in the right spot, and I get

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/gp/css/order-history?ref_=nav_orders_first
Here /es definitely means Spain, and the order is to arrive on Martes.

Re: Me llamo Micky

<igd16lF1vtlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15641&group=comp.mobile.android#15641

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Me llamo Micky
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 17:56:53 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Sun, 16 May 2021 16:56 UTC

micky wrote:

> https://www.amazon.com/s?k=nyc
> Does the /s means Spanish?

I would assume the /s means search, and the k=blah is for keyword

Re: Me llamo Micky

<v7q2agda4sv45v8ak9lhi5qptdi6lsfu3j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15648&group=comp.mobile.android#15648

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 15:11:07 -0400
 by: micky - Sun, 16 May 2021 19:11 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 16 May 2021 17:56:53 +0100, Andy Burns
<usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:

>micky wrote:
>
>> https://www.amazon.com/s?k=nyc
>> Does the /s means Spanish?
>
>I would assume the /s means search, and the k=blah is for keyword

Oh yeah, of course.

And yet restarted firefox and all the words were still in Spanish.

Re: Me llamo Micky

<idg8nh-lje.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15667&group=comp.mobile.android#15667

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 23:45:48 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sun, 16 May 2021 21:45 UTC

On 16/05/2021 18.37, micky wrote:
> This might interest people here, esp. Carlos and users of Amazon.
>
> Somehow in Google search settings / search, I changed from Current
> Region (whatever that is) to Spain, and I started getting some hits from
> Spanish websites mixed in with English ones. I can read Spanish pretty
> well, but I still toook it out -- days ago -- and went back to Current
> Region (which seems to me should have been Spain, currently.)

If you are living or staying in Spain, your current region should be
Spain, yes. Both Google and Amazon determine this mainly from your GEOIP
data, not your preferences.

> Google search went back to English immediately but with Amazon, most of
> it is still in Spanish. If I have nyc in the Firefox right-hand search
> field, the first screen to come up is
>
> https://www.amazon.com/s?k=nyc&link_code=qs&sourceid=Mozilla-search&tag=mozilla-20
> Does the /s means Spanish? Why not es? Yet everything is in Spanish.
>
> Then since I want to check on an order, I go to Devoluciones y Pedidos,
> two words I don't know, but are in the right spot, and I get

Devoluciones is for returning back goods you do not want, and Pedidos is
the list of your past purchases - huh, this moment I don't remember the
correct English word.

Ah, Returns and Orders.

use this translator, is VERY good, much better than Google (depends on
the language, though):

<https://www.deepl.com/translator#es/en/Devoluciones%20y%20Pedidos>

> https://www.amazon.com/-/es/gp/css/order-history?ref_=nav_orders_first
> Here /es definitely means Spain, and the order is to arrive on Martes.

If you are living/staying in Spain, I think you should use the local
amazon site, which is "amazon.es". However, if your account is at
"amazon.com"... I do not know.

You could try by login out of amazon, erasing all amazon.* cookies, then
go to "amazon.com" and login again. Maybe there is a setting for
language or region, but I have never changed it and I don't want to play
with it, and risk breaking things :-p

--
Cheers, Carlos.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Me llamo Micky