Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 12:26:06 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Archaeologists are saying that they are wrong about hunter-gatherers
Michael Shermer, Graham Hancock
From: jimmcgi...@gmail.com (James McGinn)
 by: James McGinn - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 20:26 UTC

1–30 of many
James McGinn's profile photo
James McGinn
, …
DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
When A Real Scientist Considers Human Evolution
by James McGinn / Genius > > Turning us all into liars and brain-dead believers, the subconscious evolved as a means by which we maintain our ability to be reprogrammed with a new
Sep 8
jimmc...@gmail.com's profile photo
jimmc...@gmail.com
, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
Human Evolution and the Emergence of the Subconscious
James McGinn December 26, 2019 at 8:21 pm | # Turning us all into liars and brain-dead believers, the subconscious evolved as a means by which we maintain our ability to be reprogrammed
12/28/19
claudi...@sbcglobal.net's profile photo
claudi...@sbcglobal.net
, …
jimmc...@gmail.com
Science does NOT depend on definition of terms
civilizations of hunter-gatherer bands, or light-years of time? > >> > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Would those usages be acceptable
3/30/18
claudi...@sbcglobal.net's profile photo
claudi...@sbcglobal.net
, …
RichTravsky
Problems With Hunter-Gatherer Model
1/20/13
claudi...@sbcglobal.net's profile photo
claudi...@sbcglobal.net
, …
RichTravsky
The Mystery of Agriculture's earliest origins
> > McGinn (alias C. Denk): "Seasonal migration would > > > > > have been absolutely impossible for the earliest > > > > > hominids--A'
3/25/12
claudi...@sbcglobal.net's profile photo
claudi...@sbcglobal.net
, …
Lee Olsen
Are we descended from sports fans?
:41 McGinn: "I may be a world class evolutionary theorist but I'm not a mind reader." now you claim you do know what people tend to think. Do you have any ethics at all? >
9/22/11
claudi...@sbcglobal.net's profile photo
claudi...@sbcglobal.net
, Lee Olsen
Early (6 to 8 mya) origins of hominid agricultural practices
09 pm McGinn: "Don't bring a semantic argument to a scientific forum." > > IA: > Scientists generally all agree that it started with us some 10000 > years
9/17/11
claudi...@sbcglobal.net's profile photo
claudi...@sbcglobal.net
, …
RichTravsky
Albert Einstein and the Ecological Gatekeeper Hypothesis
> Jim McGinn: "we can be fairly certain that they never ventured more > than > 50 or maybe a 100 yards from the safety > of trees." > Jim McGinn: "Spears
2/19/12
Paul Crowley's profile photo
Paul Crowley
, …
Rich Travsky
Man-eaters
day (McGinn:"And the only safe > > > place against an > > > injured, pissed-off lion or hyena is high in a tree."), > > > > Uh huh. > > Wrong
4/15/07
Jim McGinn's profile photo
Jim McGinn
, Lee Olsen
Wagler's Desperation
12/3/06
Marc Verhaegen's profile photo
Marc Verhaegen
, …
Lee Olsen
lions & savannah
of the hunter/gatherer myth. Early hominid were isolated at their (communal) treed localities. What selective factors would favor the emergence of bipedalism? You have no answer
12/18/06
claudi...@sbcglobal.net's profile photo
claudi...@sbcglobal.net
, …
Jim McGinn
Challenge to Spiznet
"Jim McGinn" wrote in message news:1164405524.8...@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... >> >> >> What do you think Gerrit meant when he stated
11/24/06
Stewart's profile photo
Stewart
, …
pete
Could the ability to carry things be the key evolutionary advantage of bipedalism?
vague, hunter-gatherer notions they's be telling us that we have all the evidence we need. > Others include: > (c) the failure to identify the hominid niche, > although
12/2/06
Jim McGinn's profile photo
Jim McGinn
, …
Rich Travsky
Not Enough Data
11/19/06
Jim McGinn's profile photo
Jim McGinn
, mclark
Striving for Vagueness
McGinn: I'm willing to address any specific complaint you have. Eshleman: The specific complaint is that you're denying evidence of recent domestication of plants and animals
12/24/05
Jim McGinn's profile photo
Jim McGinn
, …
littor...@gmail.com
Absence of Canines in Apiths
11/10/20
Jim McGinn's profile photo
Jim McGinn
, spiznet
Too Ironic
> Jim McGinn wrote: >> "JAE" wrote in message >> news:1133979247.5...@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >> > >> > Jim
12/8/05
Jim McGinn's profile photo
Jim McGinn
, george
Does Jason have a point?
12/6/05
Jim McGinn's profile photo
Jim McGinn
, mclark
Assignment for Mikey
12/5/05
Jim McGinn's profile photo
Jim McGinn
, …
mclark
Impeccable
> Jim McGinn wrote: > > rmacfarl wrote: > > > > Is there anybody that has an evidence based dispute with my > > hypothesis? > > > > > > >
11/25/05
Algis Kuliukas's profile photo
Algis Kuliukas
, …
Marc Verhaegen
A critique of the BBC aquatic ape programme and the transcript.
> Jim McGinn wrote: > > JAE wrote: > > [snip] > > > How come you never seem to put forth specific examples > > so that everybody can see what it is you'
1/5/06
rmacfarl's profile photo
rmacfarl
, …
Su Solomon
Beware Brahean blunders. They are not limited to astronomy.
using, hunter-gatherer ape notion of the, supposedly, now dead savanna hypothesis. Although we won't get any of them to admit it or even discuss it explicity (maybe the clearest
10/13/05
rmacfarl's profile photo
rmacfarl
, …
John B.
The Forest People
of the hunter/gatherer Ik, is > > less optimistic, and I've tried to avoid it. review: http://www1.dragonet.es/users/markbcki/trnbll.htm " As starvation sets
9/9/05
Jim McGinn's profile photo
Jim McGinn
Spoils of War
: the hunter/gatherer myth. > They hunt primarily with sight, just as Homo does. < . . . at that point Homo runs > (slowly) up and takes away their kill. So much for running fast
8/21/05
Andrew Nowicki's profile photo
Andrew Nowicki
, …
Rich Travsky
Final Solution of the Aquatic Question
9/26/05
Jim McGinn's profile photo
Jim McGinn
, pete
Final Solution of the Savanna Question
disproving the hunter/gatherer notions of traditional PA. If traditional PA's notion of homo being a species that regularly travelled continuously, in small groups, across
8/1/05
Jim McGinn's profile photo
Jim McGinn
, …
Whitedog
Monsoon/mosaic
"Jim McGinn" > wrote: > > >That humans are territorial is a fact that must be explained by any > >hypothesis on hominid evolution. If it can't then
7/27/05
Jim McGinn's profile photo
Jim McGinn
, …
Paul Crowley
Explanatory Shortfalls of Conventional Vagueness
"Jim McGinn" wrote in message news:1120452765.7...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups..com... > > > JAE wrote: >> Algis Kuliukas wrote: >>
7/6/05
Jim McGinn's profile photo
Jim McGinn
Political Realities That Underly Hominid Brain Evolution
6/27/05
Paul Crowley's profile photo
Paul Crowley
, …
Marc Verhaegen
Darwin and Modern PA

interests / sci.anthropology.paleo / Archaeologists are saying that they are wrong about hunter-gatherers Michael Shermer, Graham Hancock