Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS (click a section below)

mail  files  register  newsreader  groups  login

Message-ID:  

"If value corrupts then absolute value corrupts absolutely."


tech / rec.radio.amateur.antenna / Re: OCF folded dipole

SubjectAuthor
* OCF folded dipoleDave Riley
`* Re: OCF folded dipoleRalph Mowery
 `* Re: OCF folded dipolemaltby
  `* Re: OCF folded dipoleRalph Mowery
   `- Re: OCF folded dipoleJohn S

1
OCF folded dipole

<cb731bb3-b754-47ae-9769-f3c532b597d4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8&group=rec.radio.amateur.antenna#8

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6214:905:b0:62f:e87b:ed7a with SMTP id dj5-20020a056214090500b0062fe87bed7amr954065qvb.5.1687023053482;
Sat, 17 Jun 2023 10:30:53 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a9d:5903:0:b0:6b1:5efb:799f with SMTP id
t3-20020a9d5903000000b006b15efb799fmr674660oth.4.1687023053216; Sat, 17 Jun
2023 10:30:53 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!news.1d4.us!usenet.blueworldhosting.com!diablo1.usenet.blueworldhosting.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 10:30:52 -0700 (PDT)
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=108.20.113.224; posting-account=W697LQoAAABdEDNJwATp8zG7TMCyPtbb
NNTP-Posting-Host: 108.20.113.224
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <cb731bb3-b754-47ae-9769-f3c532b597d4n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: OCF folded dipole
From: radiocom...@gmail.com (Dave Riley)
Injection-Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 17:30:53 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
X-Received-Bytes: 1219
 by: Dave Riley - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 17:30 UTC

I am trying a 80m off center fed folded dipole.. It sounds quiet and loads fairly well across the HF spectrum..
With lack of knowledge I am wondering if there is any reason to climb this tree..
Hoping to hear your thoughts, 73s de Dave AA1A

Re: OCF folded dipole

<MPG.3efcf47f522d7652989df7@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10&group=rec.radio.amateur.antenna#10

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: rmower...@charter.net (Ralph Mowery)
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Subject: Re: OCF folded dipole
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 12:51:15 -0400
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 14
Message-ID: <MPG.3efcf47f522d7652989df7@news.eternal-september.org>
References: <cb731bb3-b754-47ae-9769-f3c532b597d4n@googlegroups.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Info: dont-email.me; posting-host="0d2706d649fbad29dd3281d24fb0795e";
logging-data="3116000"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1+SYIK7E1MiqA9Q/hcPBI4RaKs95Pcd2d0="
User-Agent: MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4
Cancel-Lock: sha1:4qQyAh6xWVu4z80N3Z0bwR8paTE=
 by: Ralph Mowery - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:51 UTC

In article <cb731bb3-b754-47ae-9769-f3c532b597d4n@googlegroups.com>,
radiocomaa1a@gmail.com says...
>
> I am trying a 80m off center fed folded dipole.. It sounds quiet and loads fairly well across the HF spectrum..
> With lack of knowledge I am wondering if there is any reason to climb this tree..
> Hoping to hear your thoughts, 73s de Dave AA1A
>
>

I know about the folded dipole and use an OCF dipole, but have not seen
an OCF folded dipole. Can you describe it to me ?

Ralph ku4pt

Re: OCF folded dipole

<0cea444f-7081-4db1-b530-22d734569d35n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=14&group=rec.radio.amateur.antenna#14

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna
X-Received: by 2002:ad4:57a2:0:b0:634:dbb5:a350 with SMTP id g2-20020ad457a2000000b00634dbb5a350mr16885qvx.6.1688796702059;
Fri, 07 Jul 2023 23:11:42 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6870:a891:b0:1b0:e98:1636 with SMTP id
eb17-20020a056870a89100b001b00e981636mr77859oab.6.1688796701567; Fri, 07 Jul
2023 23:11:41 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.blueworldhosting.com!diablo1.usenet.blueworldhosting.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 23:11:41 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <MPG.3efcf47f522d7652989df7@news.eternal-september.org>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=206.83.119.192; posting-account=4SGsBgoAAADoCYd1Xo4LmdYm8g9iytuK
NNTP-Posting-Host: 206.83.119.192
References: <cb731bb3-b754-47ae-9769-f3c532b597d4n@googlegroups.com> <MPG.3efcf47f522d7652989df7@news.eternal-september.org>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <0cea444f-7081-4db1-b530-22d734569d35n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: OCF folded dipole
From: ant...@gmail.com (maltby)
Injection-Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2023 06:11:42 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Received-Bytes: 2003
 by: maltby - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 06:11 UTC

On Thursday, June 22, 2023 at 2:21:18 AM UTC+9:30, Ralph Mowery wrote:
> In article <cb731bb3-b754-47ae...@googlegroups.com>,
> radioc...@gmail.com says...
> >
> > I am trying a 80m off center fed folded dipole.. It sounds quiet and loads fairly well across the HF spectrum..
> > With lack of knowledge I am wondering if there is any reason to climb this tree..
> > Hoping to hear your thoughts, 73s de Dave AA1A
> >
> >
> I know about the folded dipole and use an OCF dipole, but have not seen
> an OCF folded dipole. Can you describe it to me ?
>
> Ralph ku4pt
Don't bother.... I would recommend symmetrical antennas only for HF due as unsymmetrical antennas are susceptible to common mode currents causing noise...

Anthony

Re: OCF folded dipole

<MPG.3f13afa4c9af61cc989e05@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=15&group=rec.radio.amateur.antenna#15

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: rmower...@charter.net (Ralph Mowery)
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Subject: Re: OCF folded dipole
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 18:39:37 -0400
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 30
Message-ID: <MPG.3f13afa4c9af61cc989e05@news.eternal-september.org>
References: <cb731bb3-b754-47ae-9769-f3c532b597d4n@googlegroups.com> <MPG.3efcf47f522d7652989df7@news.eternal-september.org> <0cea444f-7081-4db1-b530-22d734569d35n@googlegroups.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Info: dont-email.me; posting-host="b1e0fc1477c98253dff678314a8716d1";
logging-data="1974407"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19r2IUDM/SUXP4m8D2WsIANYrHx+2oRxJo="
User-Agent: MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4
Cancel-Lock: sha1:kcOludqtA5lK67lDw9itvPck9xA=
 by: Ralph Mowery - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 22:39 UTC

In article <0cea444f-7081-4db1-b530-22d734569d35n@googlegroups.com>,
anthcp@gmail.com says...
>
> > I know about the folded dipole and use an OCF dipole, but have not seen
> > an OCF folded dipole. Can you describe it to me ?
> >
> > Ralph ku4pt
> Don't bother.... I would recommend symmetrical antennas only for HF due as unsymmetrical antennas are susceptible to common mode currents causing noise...
>
> Anthony
>
>

Anthony

I use an OCF for 80 and 40 meters and have used it on other bands at
times when I am too lazy to turn the awitch that puts me on my triband
beam, I really like the OCF as I am usint a home built OCF called a
Carolina Windom. Mainly an OCF but a choke aboyt 20 feet from the feed
point on the coax. It plays as well as my 80 meter dipole on 80meters.

I just have not seen anything called an OCF folded dipole. I have seen
the folded dipole so know what that is.

There are some antennas that I do not care for but have not tried them
either.

Ralph ku4pt

Re: OCF folded dipole

<u8ctgl$1sfad$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=16&group=rec.radio.amateur.antenna#16

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Soph...@invalid.org (John S)
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Subject: Re: OCF folded dipole
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 19:03:23 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 36
Message-ID: <u8ctgl$1sfad$1@dont-email.me>
References: <cb731bb3-b754-47ae-9769-f3c532b597d4n@googlegroups.com>
<MPG.3efcf47f522d7652989df7@news.eternal-september.org>
<0cea444f-7081-4db1-b530-22d734569d35n@googlegroups.com>
<MPG.3f13afa4c9af61cc989e05@news.eternal-september.org>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2023 00:03:33 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: dont-email.me; posting-host="7738a7e8f40b1b5edb51461670d7ce86";
logging-data="1981773"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX18GGcNQsBe71OurffFurds1"
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:102.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/102.12.0
Cancel-Lock: sha1:oycBGFS132GyIVxOrb3m6gkU71M=
Content-Language: en-US
In-Reply-To: <MPG.3f13afa4c9af61cc989e05@news.eternal-september.org>
 by: John S - Sun, 9 Jul 2023 00:03 UTC

On 7/8/2023 5:39 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
> In article <0cea444f-7081-4db1-b530-22d734569d35n@googlegroups.com>,
> anthcp@gmail.com says...
>>
>>> I know about the folded dipole and use an OCF dipole, but have not seen
>>> an OCF folded dipole. Can you describe it to me ?
>>>
>>> Ralph ku4pt
>> Don't bother.... I would recommend symmetrical antennas only for HF due as unsymmetrical antennas are susceptible to common mode currents causing noise...
>>
>> Anthony
>>
>>
>
> Anthony
>
> I use an OCF for 80 and 40 meters and have used it on other bands at
> times when I am too lazy to turn the awitch that puts me on my triband
> beam, I really like the OCF as I am usint a home built OCF called a
> Carolina Windom. Mainly an OCF but a choke aboyt 20 feet from the feed
> point on the coax. It plays as well as my 80 meter dipole on 80meters.
>
> I just have not seen anything called an OCF folded dipole. I have seen
> the folded dipole so know what that is.
>
> There are some antennas that I do not care for but have not tried them
> either.
>
> Ralph ku4pt
>
>

I can't guarantee this but, I can imagine a normal folded dipole with
the feed point being off center. But I can't imagine why it would be
desired. Maybe the only accessible point is off center? I hope the OP
returns and gives more info.


tech / rec.radio.amateur.antenna / Re: OCF folded dipole

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor