From: arl_123...@hotmail.com (J.B. Wood)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: My Samsung keeps updating the Android security level
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 22:56:18 -0500
 by: J.B. Wood - Mon, 24 May 2021 03:56 UTC

My Samsung keeps updating the Android security level.
A lot. At least every month since I've owned it.
Which is more than I'm used to.

Is anyone else getting a lot of Samsung Android OS updates?

This one says "A software update is available.
You can postpone the installation up to 1 time.
Your phone will restart after the update is installed.
What's new?
Call stability has been improved.
Learn more at https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-A326U/TMB/doc.html
Software update information
Version A326USQU2AUD9 / A326UOYN2AUD9 / A326USQU2AUD9
Size 175.53MB
Security patch level March 1, 2021
Schedule install or Install now?"
--
J. B. Wood e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com

Re: My Samsung keeps updating the Android security level

<s8ffr5$s58$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16117&group=comp.mobile.android#16117

From: david-ta...@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid (David Taylor)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 07:07:32 +0100
 by: David Taylor - Mon, 24 May 2021 06:07 UTC

On 24/05/2021 04:56, J.B. Wood wrote:
> My Samsung keeps updating the Android security level.
> A lot. At least every month since I've owned it.
> Which is more than I'm used to.
>
> Is anyone else getting a lot of Samsung Android OS updates?
>
> This one says "A software update is available.
> You can postpone the installation up to 1 time.
> Your phone will restart after the update is installed.
> What's new?
> Call stability has been improved.
> Learn more at https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-A326U/TMB/doc.html
> Software update information
> Version A326USQU2AUD9 / A326UOYN2AUD9 / A326USQU2AUD9
> Size 175.53MB
> Security patch level March 1, 2021
> Schedule install or Install now?"

I thought Google issued monthly security updates. One reason I bought
the Pixel was to stay up-to-date with Android patches. Samsung may be a
couple of months behind? I'm showing Android 11, security update 5 May
2021.

--
Cheers,
David

computers / comp.mobile.android / My Samsung keeps updating the Android security level