From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Failed to connect to goolag.store
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 06:31:19 +0200
 by: paul - Mon, 24 May 2021 04:31 UTC

My Aurora Store 4.0.4.35 (09 April 2021) suddenly errors with
"Failed to connect to goolag.store"
"146.59.157.181:1337 error opening app"
when logging into Google Play anonymously.

Aurora worked great until today (I've been using it for years).

I also tried reaching the goolag store on the PC at https://goolag.store/
Even on the PC the message says it's unreachable.

Same with telnet from the PC.
telnet goolag.store 1337
Connecting To goolag.store...
Could not open connection to the host, on port 1337: Connect failed

Anyone else?
(I haven't tried spoofing any other Android phone or yet.)

Re: Failed to connect to goolag.store

<s8j2k2$1u89$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16183&group=comp.mobile.android#16183

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Failed to connect to goolag.store
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 16:46:28 +0200
 by: paul - Tue, 25 May 2021 14:46 UTC

Since I'm always purposefully helpful (simply because I care about people),
I am closing the loop on this question with this post saying it's all fixed.

All of the battles against the Goolag seem to suffer from Google temporarily
(or permanently) killing them. Hence of the three best apps on this planet,
two of them constantly overcome Goolag changes, namely Aurora & Newpipe
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.aurora.store/
https://newpipe.net/

Personally my assessment of anyone who is not using them is that they're
"crazy" (in a loose terminalogy) since they're the best on the planet for
what they do (one replaces YouTube, the other replaces Google Play).

The one app Google _has_ apparently been able to kill is this great one.
https://www.reddit.com/r/fossdroid/comments/ay22xd/addresstogps_has_been_removed_from_fdroid/

While AddressToGps wasn't able to overcome the Goolag, both NewPipe and
Aurora seem to take only about a day or two to recover from changes.
https://gitlab.com/AuroraOSS/AuroraStore/-/issues/607

The Aurora Store Google Play replacement app is fully working again now.

telnet goolag.store 1337
HTTP/1.1 400 No URI
Connection: close
Server: Jetty(9.4.z-SNAPSHOT)

Note that the search on Aurora is _fantastic_ and far better than anything
you'd ever get on Google Play, plus there's no login needed, and it _still_
updates your apps automatically (if that's what you want - I don't).

Also note you can spoof almost anything with the Aurora Store such as your
device or your sdk level or your language and you can maintain multiple
accounts (e.g., if you happen to pay for apps, something I never do).

Another very useful feature is that the Aurora Store automatically saves all
your APK downloads (or it can automatically delete them, as you wish).

Both the Aurora Store & NewPipe are in the top ten fantastic free ad free
Google Free GSF free apps on this planet - so when they break - I cry.

Luckily they fixed it pronto (I think it was only down for a few hours but I
don't need to download apps that frequently so I didn't check until now).

Re: Failed to connect to goolag.store

<s8j8he$rik$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16188&group=comp.mobile.android#16188

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 09:27:26 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Tue, 25 May 2021 16:27 UTC

On 2021-05-25 7:46 a.m., paul wrote:
> Since I'm always purposefully helpful (simply because I care about people),

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

What?

You were serious?

LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOLOLLLOLLOLLLLLOLOLOL

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Failed to connect to goolag.store