Newsgroups: sci.lang
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 12:50:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: (Good) -uria -- (a suffix in medical terms)
From: henha...@gmail.com (henh...@gmail.com)
 by: henh...@gmail.com - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 19:50 UTC

I'd love to know about some expressions or proverbs (in ANY language)
involving Urine, Urination, pissing.... ----- ( for some (ling.) Whizdom)

( Drinking urine, also known as urotherapy or urine therapy, is the practice of consuming one's own urine for health reasons. --- many thousands of ppl
swear by it, and practice this every day. )

___________________________
Was the boat in question owned by M.D. 's ?

Doctors must know lots of -uria words, and
they 'd naturally associate [Good -urine] with good health, and enjoyment of life.

_______________________
-uria is a suffix in medical terms. It means "presence in the urine" or "condition of the urine." Some examples of medical terms that end in -uria include:

Albuminuria: The presence of albumin in the urine.

Glucosuria: The presence of glucose in the urine.

Hematuria: The presence of blood in the urine.

Pyuria: The presence of pus in the urine.

The suffix -uria is derived from the Greek word ouron, which means "urine." It is often used to form medical terms that describe conditions or diseases that affect the urinary tract.

--------- [ouron] sounds like [Aurum] [aurelia] -- golden showers.

Calciuria: The presence of calcium in the urine.
Cholesteroluria: The presence of cholesterol in the urine.

Ketonuria: The presence of ketones in the urine.
Leukocyteuria: The presence of leukocytes (white blood cells) in the urine.

Nitruria: The presence of nitrates in the urine.

Oliguria: The production of a small amount of urine.
Polyuria: The production of a large amount of urine.

Proteinuria: The presence of protein in the urine.

Uremia: The presence of urea in the blood.

Re: (Good) -uria -- (a suffix in medical terms)

<u642be$2lfar$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=16332&group=sci.lang#16332

From: benli...@ihug.co.nz (Ross Clark)
Newsgroups: sci.lang
Subject: Re: (Good) -uria -- (a suffix in medical terms)
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 20:58:14 +1200
 by: Ross Clark - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 08:58 UTC

On 11/06/2023 7:50 a.m., henh...@gmail.com wrote:

> I'd love to know about some expressions or proverbs (in ANY language)
> involving Urine, Urination, pissing.... ----- ( for some (ling.) Whizdom)
>

> ( Drinking urine, also known as urotherapy or urine therapy, is the practice of consuming one's own urine for health reasons. --- many thousands of ppl
> swear by it, and practice this every day. )
>

> ___________________________
> Was the boat in question owned by M.D. 's ?
>

> Doctors must know lots of -uria words, and
> they 'd naturally associate [Good -urine] with good health, and enjoyment of life.
>

> _______________________
> -uria is a suffix in medical terms. It means "presence in the urine" or "condition of the urine." Some examples of medical terms that end in -uria include:
>
> Albuminuria: The presence of albumin in the urine.
>
> Glucosuria: The presence of glucose in the urine.
>
> Hematuria: The presence of blood in the urine.
>
> Pyuria: The presence of pus in the urine.
>

> The suffix -uria is derived from the Greek word ouron, which means "urine." It is often used to form medical terms that describe conditions or diseases that affect the urinary tract.
>

> --------- [ouron] sounds like [Aurum] [aurelia] -- golden showers.
>

> Calciuria: The presence of calcium in the urine.
> Cholesteroluria: The presence of cholesterol in the urine.
>
> Ketonuria: The presence of ketones in the urine.
> Leukocyteuria: The presence of leukocytes (white blood cells) in the urine.
>
> Nitruria: The presence of nitrates in the urine.
>
> Oliguria: The production of a small amount of urine.
> Polyuria: The production of a large amount of urine.
>
> Proteinuria: The presence of protein in the urine.
>
> Uremia: The presence of urea in the blood.

Yes, my findings from OED are equally negative. They find it only in
"various pathological terms denoting morbid conditions of the urine, as
albuminuria, glycosuria, hæmatinuria, hæmaturia, hæmoglobinuria,
oxaluria, planuria, polyuria, pyuria."

I was hoping that the absence of all these morbid conditions might be
something like "eu-uria", but they haven't got it.