Perfect day for scrubbing the floor and other exciting things.

interests / sci.anthropology.paleo / Homo medicus

SubjectAuthor
* Homo medicusPandora
+* Re: Homo medicuslittor...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Homo medicusPandora
| `* Re: Homo medicuslittor...@gmail.com
|  `* Re: Homo medicusPandora
|   `* Re: Homo medicuslittor...@gmail.com
|    `* Re: Homo medicusPandora
|     +* Re: Homo medicuslittor...@gmail.com
|     |`* Re: Homo medicusPandora
|     | `* Re: Homo medicuslittor...@gmail.com
|     |  `* Re: Homo medicusPandora
|     |   `* Re: Homo medicuslittor...@gmail.com
|     |    `* Re: Homo medicusPandora
|     |     +* Re: Homo medicuslittor...@gmail.com
|     |     |`* Re: Homo medicusPandora
|     |     | +* Re: Homo medicuslittor...@gmail.com
|     |     | |`* Re: Homo medicusPandora
|     |     | | +* Re: Homo medicuslittor...@gmail.com
|     |     | | |`* Re: Homo medicusPandora
|     |     | | | +- Re: Homo medicuslittor...@gmail.com
|     |     | | | +- Re: Homo medicusJTEM is so reasonable
|     |     | | | `- Re: Homo medicuslittor...@gmail.com
|     |     | | `- Re: Homo medicusJTEM is so reasonable
|     |     | `- Re: Homo medicusJTEM is so reasonable
|     |     +- Re: Homo medicusJTEM is so reasonable
|     |     `* Re: Homo medicuslittor...@gmail.com
|     |      `* Re: Homo medicusPandora
|     |       `- Re: Homo medicusJTEM is so reasonable
|     `- Re: Homo medicusJTEM is so reasonable
+- Re: Homo medicusJTEM is so reasonable
`- Re: Homo medicuslittor...@gmail.com

Pages:12
Homo medicus

<37r30ihhrd2ncn161u4s4afn1lnkbo6d69@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16401&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16401

From: pand...@knoware.nl (Pandora)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: Homo medicus
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 13:49:42 +0100
 by: Pandora - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 12:49 UTC

Homo medicus: The transition to meat eating increased pathogen
pressure and the use of pharmacological plants in Homo

Abstract

The human lineage transitioned to a more carnivorous niche 2.6 mya and
evolved a large body size and slower life history, which likely
increased zoonotic pathogen pressure. Evidence for this increase
includes increased zoonotic infections in modern hunter-gatherers and
bushmeat hunters, exceptionally low stomach pH compared to other
primates, and divergence in immune-related genes. These all point to
change, and probably intensification, in the infectious disease
environment of Homo compared to earlier hominins and other apes. At
the same time, the brain, an organ in which immune responses are
constrained, began to triple in size. We propose that the combination
of increased zoonotic pathogen pressure and the challenges of
defending a large brain and body from pathogens in a long-lived
mammal, selected for intensification of the plant-based
self-medication strategies already in place in apes and other
primates. In support, there is evidence of medicinal plant use by
hominins in the middle Paleolithic, and all cultures today have
sophisticated, plant-based medical systems, add spices to food, and
regularly consume psychoactive plant substances that are harmful to
helminths and other pathogens. We propose that the computational
challenges of discovering effective plant-based treatments, the
consequent ability to consume more energy-rich animal foods, and the
reduced reliance on energetically-costly immune responses helped
select for increased cognitive abilities and unique exchange
relationships in Homo. In the story of human evolution, which has long
emphasized hunting skills, medical skills had an equal role to play.

Open access:
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/ajpa.24718

Re: Homo medicus

<1e4120de-ac19-41d8-9776-3828bdc7ea6fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16406&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16406

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 07:36:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Homo medicus
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 15:36 UTC

Op vrijdag 3 maart 2023 om 13:49:43 UTC+1 schreef Pandora:
> Homo medicus: The transition to meat eating increased pathogen
> pressure and the use of pharmacological plants in Homo

I just sent this to Dr Hagen:

Dear Dr Hagen & all co-authors,

I just read your paper "Homo medicus".
Very interesting thinking pharmacologically: meat-eating is indeed often not so healthy.
However, although this probably doesn't change your interpretations, transitions to more meat-eating were not 2.6 Ma, but late-Pleistocene.

In fact, medical, comparative, archeological and other evidence shows a transition to eating more aquatic foods 2.6 Ma, possibly even earlier. See e.g.. stone tool use and shellfish consumption, and especially the shell engravings found by Dr Stephen Munro (google e.g. "Joordens Munro"), the island colonizations ( as far as Flores) the intercontinental coastal and waterside dispersals (Java, SE.Asia, Africa, Europe...), the brain enlargement since H.erectus (cf. DHA & other brain-specific nutrients in seafoods), etc.

Note that the "endurance running" idea (Pleistocene antelope hunting) is a far-fatched and physiologically impossible fantasy, see e.g. human olfactory atrophy (even worse than in other primates), human sweating (water & salts are scarce in savanna, but abundant waterside), human fur loss and development of SC fat-layers, etc.

Google e.g. "coastal dispersal Pleistocene Homo" or my new book
https://www.gondwanatalks.com/l/the-waterside-hypothesis-wading-led-to-upright-walking-in-early-humans/

With best wishes --marc verhaegen

Re: Homo medicus

<bp540i5fla8bs7s3jp5vsuo64r55j4e311@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16407&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16407

From: pand...@knoware.nl (Pandora)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 16:50:37 +0100
 by: Pandora - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 15:50 UTC

On Fri, 3 Mar 2023 07:36:30 -0800 (PST), "littor...@gmail.com"
<littoral.homo@gmail.com> wrote:

>Op vrijdag 3 maart 2023 om 13:49:43 UTC+1 schreef Pandora:
>> Homo medicus: The transition to meat eating increased pathogen
>> pressure and the use of pharmacological plants in Homo
>
>I just sent this to Dr Hagen:
>
>Dear Dr Hagen & all co-authors,
>
>I just read your paper "Homo medicus".
>Very interesting thinking pharmacologically: meat-eating is indeed often not so healthy.
>However, although this probably doesn't change your interpretations, transitions to more meat-eating were not 2.6 Ma, but late-Pleistocene.
>
>In fact, medical, comparative, archeological and other evidence shows a transition to eating more aquatic foods 2.6 Ma, possibly even earlier. See e.g. stone tool use and shellfish consumption, and especially the shell engravings found by Dr Stephen Munro (google e.g. "Joordens Munro"), the island colonizations ( as far as Flores) the intercontinental coastal and waterside dispersals (Java, SE.Asia, Africa, Europe...), the brain enlargement since H.erectus (cf. DHA & other brain-specific nutrients in seafoods), etc.
>
>Note that the "endurance running" idea (Pleistocene antelope hunting) is a far-fatched and physiologically impossible fantasy, see e.g. human olfactory atrophy (even worse than in other primates), human sweating (water & salts are scarce in savanna, but abundant waterside), human fur loss and development of SC fat-layers, etc.
>
>Google e.g. "coastal dispersal Pleistocene Homo" or my new book
>https://www.gondwanatalks.com/l/the-waterside-hypothesis-wading-led-to-upright-walking-in-early-humans/
>
>With best wishes --marc verhaegen

You're an incredible hypocrite.
You should have told them what you said here earlier about their
paper: "How can self-declared 'scientists" remain so stupid stupid
stupid???"

Re: Homo medicus

<a9c0d93d-62ee-48d4-abea-08111ed54a7fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16409&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16409

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 11:09:34 -0800 (PST)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 19:09 UTC

Kudu runner:

> >> Homo medicus: The transition to meat eating increased pathogen
> >> pressure and the use of pharmacological plants in Homo

> >I just sent this to Dr Hagen:
> >Dear Dr Hagen & all co-authors, I just read your paper "Homo medicus".
> >Very interesting thinking pharmacologically: meat-eating is indeed often not so healthy.
> >However, although this probably doesn't change your interpretations, transitions to more meat-eating were not 2.6 Ma, but late-Pleistocene.
> >In fact, medical, comparative, archeological and other evidence shows a transition to eating more aquatic foods 2.6 Ma, possibly even earlier. See e.g. stone tool use and shellfish consumption, and especially the shell engravings found by Dr Stephen Munro (google e.g. "Joordens Munro"), the island colonizations ( as far as Flores) the intercontinental coastal and waterside dispersals (Java, SE.Asia, Africa, Europe...), the brain enlargement since H.erectus (cf. DHA & other brain-specific nutrients in seafoods), etc.
> >Note that the "endurance running" idea (Pleistocene antelope hunting) is a far-fatched and physiologically impossible fantasy, see e.g. human olfactory atrophy (even worse than in other primates), human sweating (water & salts are scarce in savanna, but abundant waterside), human fur loss and development of SC fat-layers, etc.
> >Google e.g. "coastal dispersal Pleistocene Homo" or my new book
> >https://www.gondwanatalks.com/l/the-waterside-hypothesis-wading-led-to-upright-walking-in-early-humans/
> >With best wishes --marc verhaegen

> You're an incredible hypocrite.
> You should have told them what you said here earlier about their
> paper: "How can self-declared 'scientists" remain so stupid stupid
> stupid???"

My little, little boy: the self-declared 'scientist' = you... :-DDD

It's really not difficult, even you can understand:
Homo vs Pan:
fur loss, fat layer, voluntary breath, external nose, poor olfaction, flat feet, big brain...
What more do you want??? :-DDD
Grow up!

Re: Homo medicus

<umj40i14ffr6ag2qn4ag2qc7bq7ng8r5nd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16410&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16410

From: pand...@knoware.nl (Pandora)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 20:48:32 +0100
 by: Pandora - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 19:48 UTC

On Fri, 3 Mar 2023 11:09:34 -0800 (PST), "littor...@gmail.com"
<littoral.homo@gmail.com> wrote:

>Kudu runner:

>> >I just sent this to Dr Hagen:
>> >Dear Dr Hagen & all co-authors, I just read your paper "Homo medicus".
>> >Very interesting thinking pharmacologically: meat-eating is indeed often not so healthy.
>> >However, although this probably doesn't change your interpretations, transitions to more meat-eating were not 2.6 Ma, but late-Pleistocene.
>> >In fact, medical, comparative, archeological and other evidence shows a transition to eating more aquatic foods 2.6 Ma, possibly even earlier. See e.g. stone tool use and shellfish consumption, and especially the shell engravings found by Dr Stephen Munro (google e.g. "Joordens Munro"), the island colonizations ( as far as Flores) the intercontinental coastal and waterside dispersals (Java, SE.Asia, Africa, Europe...), the brain enlargement since H.erectus (cf. DHA & other brain-specific nutrients in seafoods), etc.
>> >Note that the "endurance running" idea (Pleistocene antelope hunting) is a far-fatched and physiologically impossible fantasy, see e.g. human olfactory atrophy (even worse than in other primates), human sweating (water & salts are scarce in savanna, but abundant waterside), human fur loss and development of SC fat-layers, etc.
>> >Google e.g. "coastal dispersal Pleistocene Homo" or my new book
>> >https://www.gondwanatalks.com/l/the-waterside-hypothesis-wading-led-to-upright-walking-in-early-humans/
>> >With best wishes --marc verhaegen
>
>> You're an incredible hypocrite.
>> You should have told them what you said here earlier about their
>> paper: "How can self-declared 'scientists" remain so stupid stupid
>> stupid???"
>
>My little, little boy: the self-declared 'scientist' = you... :-DDD

Hypocrite and liar, see your own message here:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.anthropology.paleo/c/q6RXqefqa3Q

It's obvious that you said it with regard to Hagen et al.

Re: Homo medicus

<1c1cae76-926a-4d4b-97a6-6af951cdbf9bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16411&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16411

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 14:04:26 -0800 (PST)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 22:04 UTC

Kudu runner:

> >> You're an incredible hypocrite.
> >> You should have told them what you said here earlier about their
> >> paper: "How can self-declared 'scientists" remain so stupid stupid
> >> stupid???"

> >My little, little boy: the self-declared 'scientist' = you... :-DDD

> Hypocrite and liar, see your own message here:
> https://groups.google.com/g/sci.anthropology.paleo/c/q6RXqefqa3Q
> It's obvious that you said it with regard to Hagen et al.

:-DDD You're an incredible child.
When I meet an opponent (congress, meeting or so), even you..., I'm not going to fight (I'm a polite guy...),
but altough I would certainly not use these words speaking with him (or sending him an email), I'll try to convice him that his ideas are stupid stupid stupid.

In this case, it's obvious for anybody who's a little bit sensible:
evolving fur loss, heavy brain, no claws, flat feet, fat belly, projecting nose, and then running after antelopes...
:-DDD
Grow up, my boy. It's not difficult: be sincere, and admit that you were wrong wrong wrong.

In 1995, prof.Tobias, was so sincere to admit:
"We were all profoundly and unutterably wrong!"

Re: Homo medicus

<2e47c211-ca54-4b0b-ab4c-d3b8514ed011n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16412&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16412

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 16:33:20 -0800 (PST)
From: jte...@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 00:33 UTC

Pandora wrote:

> Homo medicus: The transition to meat eating increased pathogen
> pressure and the use of pharmacological plants in Homo

To be perfectly honest? It sounds like one of those gibberish papers
that some machine squeezed out...

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-00056-7

This caused a bit of a scandal, amongst those who have mistaken
"Peer Review" for "Gospel Truth."

...truth is there's no end to the horse shit that gets published!

ANYTHING to do with Gwobull Warbling, ANYTHING to do with the
French oral vaccine as the origins of AIDS hypothesis, ANYTHING to
do with paleo anthropology... all horse shit.

I read a PUBLISHED paper about how CO2 was turning the oceans
into acid, and this acid was literally melting the sea floor! Turns out
that not only is the ocean alkaline, not acid, but they never made any
observations much less measurements... they played with mud in a
tray or something...

Another insisted that a glacier the size of the galaxy was going to
break off, plop into the ocean and raise sea level... only slowly...
because they missed that day in kindergarten when we all learned
how ice raises water level the moment you drop it in, NOT as it
melts!

The toilet rag, "Science," disgraced itself running a number of pieces
that supposedly debunks the Oral Vaccine Theory on the origins of
AIDS, not one of them address ANYTHING the theory states, nor so
much as accurately paraphrasing the theory...

So it's no surprise that you're throwing out what looks like junk and
engorging yourself on it, as if it were ice cream.

Enjoy.

And, oh; wipe your chin.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/710781751785619456

Re: Homo medicus

<q9c60ip1enps02useha6440tri3f7tbgg0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16414&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16414

From: pand...@knoware.nl (Pandora)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2023 12:54:03 +0100
 by: Pandora - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 11:54 UTC

On Fri, 3 Mar 2023 14:04:26 -0800 (PST), "littor...@gmail.com"
<littoral.homo@gmail.com> wrote:

>Kudu runner:

>> >My little, little boy: the self-declared 'scientist' = you... :-DDD
>
>> Hypocrite and liar, see your own message here:
>> https://groups.google.com/g/sci.anthropology.paleo/c/q6RXqefqa3Q
>> It's obvious that you said it with regard to Hagen et al.
>
>:-DDD You're an incredible child.
>When I meet an opponent (congress, meeting or so), even you..., I'm not going to fight (I'm a polite guy...),
>but altough I would certainly not use these words speaking with him (or sending him an email), I'll try to convice him that his ideas are stupid stupid stupid.

That's why you're a hypocrite, because you don't have the guts to say
it in their face how you really think about them. Instead you do it
behind their back.
The only self-declared 'scientist' here is you, because no one else is
pretending to be an anthropologist without a proper degree.

Re: Homo medicus

<c3ad1d4f-e967-414c-8364-7534eab9b103n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16415&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16415

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 05:36:30 -0800 (PST)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 13:36 UTC

Kudu runner:

> That's why you're a hypocrite, because you don't have the guts to say
> it in their face how you really think about them. Instead you do it
> behind their back.
> The only self-declared 'scientist' here is you, because no one else is
> pretending to be an anthropologist without a proper degree.

behind their back???
:-DDD
Grow up, little child:
the endurance running nonsense = the most ridiculous fantasy:
this is what I sent:

[...]

<t3k60ilqbflfg0evn1gnmbra5pucr81vqq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16416&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16416

From: pand...@knoware.nl (Pandora)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
References: <37r30ihhrd2ncn161u4s4afn1lnkbo6d69@4ax.com> <1e4120de-ac19-41d8-9776-3828bdc7ea6fn@googlegroups.com> <bp540i5fla8bs7s3jp5vsuo64r55j4e311@4ax.com> <a9c0d93d-62ee-48d4-abea-08111ed54a7fn@googlegroups.com> <umj40i14ffr6ag2qn4ag2qc7bq7ng8r5nd@4ax.com> <1c1cae76-926a-4d4b-97a6-6af951cdbf9bn@googlegroups.com> <q9c60ip1enps02useha6440tri3f7tbgg0@4ax.com> <c3ad1d4f-e967-414c-8364-7534eab9b103n@googlegroups.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2023 15:07:41 +0100
 by: Pandora - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 14:07 UTC

On Sat, 4 Mar 2023 05:36:30 -0800 (PST), "littor...@gmail.com"
<littoral.homo@gmail.com> wrote:

>Kudu runner:
>
>> That's why you're a hypocrite, because you don't have the guts to say
>> it in their face how you really think about them. Instead you do it
>> behind their back.
>> The only self-declared 'scientist' here is you, because no one else is
>> pretending to be an anthropologist without a proper degree.
>
>behind their back???
>:-DDD
>Grow up, little child:
>the endurance running nonsense = the most ridiculous fantasy:
>this is what I sent:
>
>Dear Dr Hagen & all co-authors,
>
>I just read your paper "Homo medicus".
>Very interesting thinking pharmacologically: meat-eating is indeed often not so healthy.
>However, although this probably doesn't change your interpretations, transitions to more meat-eating were not 2.6 Ma, but late-Pleistocene.
>
>In fact, medical, comparative, archeological and other evidence shows a transition to eating more aquatic foods 2.6 Ma, possibly even earlier. See e.g. stone tool use and shellfish consumption, and especially the shell engravings found by Dr Stephen Munro (google e.g. "Joordens Munro"), the island colonizations (as far as Flores) the intercontinental coastal and waterside dispersals (Java, SE.Asia, Africa, Europe...), the brain enlargement since H.erectus (cf. DHA & other brain-specific nutrients in seafoods), etc.
>
>Note that the "endurance running" idea (Pleistocene antelope hunting) is a far-fatched and physiologically impossible fantasy, see e.g. human olfactory atrophy (even worse than in other primates), human sweating (water & salts are scarce in savanna, but abundant waterside), human fur loss and development of SC fat-layers, etc.
>
>Google e.g. "coastal dispersal Pleistocene Homo" or my new book
>https://www.gondwanatalks.com/l/the-waterside-hypothesis-wading-led-to-upright-walking-in-early-humans/

And this is what you said behind their back: "How can self-declared
'scientists' remain so stupid stupid stupid???"
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.anthropology.paleo/c/q6RXqefqa3Q

Also notice how many times you use :-DDD in that message, which
symbolizes nothing but ridicule and contempt.

Besides, nowhere in their paper do Hagen et al refer to endurance
running or persistance hunting. You criticize them for something they
do not even suggest. It's your obsession, as if that were only means
of hunting.

Re: Homo medicus

<bed26963-c931-46ba-ac81-bbc7738b833bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16417&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16417

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 07:33:18 -0800 (PST)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 15:33 UTC

Kudu runner:

> >> That's why you're a hypocrite, because you don't have the guts to say
> >> it in their face how you really think about them. Instead you do it
> >> behind their back.
> >> The only self-declared 'scientist' here is you, because no one else is
> >> pretending to be an anthropologist without a proper degree.

> >behind their back???
> >:-DDD
> >Grow up, little child:
> >the endurance running nonsense = the most ridiculous fantasy:
> >this is what I sent:

> >Dear Dr Hagen & all co-authors,
> >I just read your paper "Homo medicus".
> >Very interesting thinking pharmacologically: meat-eating is indeed often not so healthy.
> >However, although this probably doesn't change your interpretations, transitions to more meat-eating were not 2.6 Ma, but late-Pleistocene.
> >In fact, medical, comparative, archeological and other evidence shows a transition to eating more aquatic foods 2.6 Ma, possibly even earlier. See e.g. stone tool use and shellfish consumption, and especially the shell engravings found by Dr Stephen Munro (google e.g. "Joordens Munro"), the island colonizations (as far as Flores) the intercontinental coastal and waterside dispersals (Java, SE.Asia, Africa, Europe...), the brain enlargement since H.erectus (cf. DHA & other brain-specific nutrients in seafoods), etc.
> >Note that the "endurance running" idea (Pleistocene antelope hunting) is a far-fatched and physiologically impossible fantasy, see e.g. human olfactory atrophy (even worse than in other primates), human sweating (water & salts are scarce in savanna, but abundant waterside), human fur loss and development of SC fat-layers, etc.
> >Google e.g. "coastal dispersal Pleistocene Homo" or my new book
> >https://www.gondwanatalks.com/l/the-waterside-hypothesis-wading-led-to-upright-walking-in-early-humans/

Kudu runner:

> And this is what you said behind their back: "How can self-declared
> 'scientists' remain so stupid stupid stupid???"
> https://groups.google.com/g/sci.anthropology.paleo/c/q6RXqefqa3Q
> Also notice how many times you use :-DDD in that message, which
> symbolizes nothing but ridicule and contempt.

:-DDD Yes, what else, my little boy?? Only incredible fools believe that our flat feet, poor olfaction, naked skin, fat belly, external nose, heavy bones, long femoral necks etc.etc. evolved to hunt...

> Besides, nowhere in their paper do Hagen et al refer to endurance
> running or persistance hunting. You criticize them for something they
> do not even suggest. It's your obsession, as if that were only means
> of hunting.

Good boy, you're improving, well noticed!

Re: Homo medicus

<f8bebc3d-587f-4391-926e-2b8ead05df82n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16419&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16419

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 13:21:18 -0800 (PST)
From: jte...@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 21:21 UTC

Pandora wrote:

> because no one else is
> pretending to be an anthropologist without a proper degree.

How many boxes of Cracker Jacks do you have to buy, on average,
before you get a "proper" degree?

Better yet, you can have your own "Proper" degree printed here:

https://www.partybibs.com/toilet-paper.html

You can impress your friends, or at least yourself anyway.

It's not a real science. It violates the principles of science, starting
with the Sample/Selection/Preservation bias BEFORE we even get
to it's hierarchical nature.

It's long been politicized. On it's best of days it's a social program
dedicated to making everybody feel good about themselves, by
way of convincing them that some long dead ancestor that they
never met was oh so accomplished and not the dirt eating nimrod
we all know he was...

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/710781751785619456

Re: Homo medicus

<vdt80i508ekc79fgs7cun705iuvbfo522f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16422&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16422

From: pand...@knoware.nl (Pandora)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
References: <1e4120de-ac19-41d8-9776-3828bdc7ea6fn@googlegroups.com> <bp540i5fla8bs7s3jp5vsuo64r55j4e311@4ax.com> <a9c0d93d-62ee-48d4-abea-08111ed54a7fn@googlegroups.com> <umj40i14ffr6ag2qn4ag2qc7bq7ng8r5nd@4ax.com> <1c1cae76-926a-4d4b-97a6-6af951cdbf9bn@googlegroups.com> <q9c60ip1enps02useha6440tri3f7tbgg0@4ax.com> <c3ad1d4f-e967-414c-8364-7534eab9b103n@googlegroups.com> <t3k60ilqbflfg0evn1gnmbra5pucr81vqq@4ax.com> <bed26963-c931-46ba-ac81-bbc7738b833bn@googlegroups.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 11:58:21 +0100
 by: Pandora - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 10:58 UTC

On Sat, 4 Mar 2023 07:33:18 -0800 (PST), "littor...@gmail.com"
<littoral.homo@gmail.com> wrote:

>Kudu runner:

>> >behind their back???
>> >:-DDD
>> >Grow up, little child:
>> >the endurance running nonsense = the most ridiculous fantasy:
>> >this is what I sent:
>
>> >Dear Dr Hagen & all co-authors,
>> >I just read your paper "Homo medicus".
>> >Very interesting thinking pharmacologically: meat-eating is indeed often not so healthy.
>> >However, although this probably doesn't change your interpretations, transitions to more meat-eating were not 2.6 Ma, but late-Pleistocene.
>> >In fact, medical, comparative, archeological and other evidence shows a transition to eating more aquatic foods 2.6 Ma, possibly even earlier. See e.g. stone tool use and shellfish consumption, and especially the shell engravings found by Dr Stephen Munro (google e.g. "Joordens Munro"), the island colonizations (as far as Flores) the intercontinental coastal and waterside dispersals (Java, SE.Asia, Africa, Europe...), the brain enlargement since H.erectus (cf. DHA & other brain-specific nutrients in seafoods), etc.
>> >Note that the "endurance running" idea (Pleistocene antelope hunting) is a far-fatched and physiologically impossible fantasy, see e.g. human olfactory atrophy (even worse than in other primates), human sweating (water & salts are scarce in savanna, but abundant waterside), human fur loss and development of SC fat-layers, etc.
>> >Google e.g. "coastal dispersal Pleistocene Homo" or my new book
>> >https://www.gondwanatalks.com/l/the-waterside-hypothesis-wading-led-to-upright-walking-in-early-humans/
>
>Kudu runner:
>
>> And this is what you said behind their back: "How can self-declared
>> 'scientists' remain so stupid stupid stupid???"
>> https://groups.google.com/g/sci.anthropology.paleo/c/q6RXqefqa3Q
>> Also notice how many times you use :-DDD in that message, which
>> symbolizes nothing but ridicule and contempt.
>
>:-DDD Yes, what else, my little boy??

One has to wonder why you have to be such an asshole about it all the
time. It's probably out of frustration, because you wish, but can't,
force a 'paradigm' shift.
See also:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/261772339_The_role_of_the_aquatic_in_human_evolution_Constraining_the_aquatic_ape_hypothesis

>Only incredible fools believe that our flat feet, poor olfaction, naked skin, fat belly,
>external nose, heavy bones, long femoral necks etc.etc. evolved to hunt...

That's exactly the "science by lists of traits considered to be
unique" that Foley and Lahr mention in their paper.

Apparently you have this in mind?
https://rainbowkandura.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/at_the_beach_-_male_abdominal_obesity.jpg

Not this?
https://news.arizona.edu/story/modern-huntergatherers-show-value-exercise

Re: Homo medicus

<a5b6ac46-0b4d-4831-bfec-b26f43764d49n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16423&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16423

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 05:38:57 -0800 (PST)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 13:38 UTC

Kudu runner:

Kudu runner:

> >> And this is what you said behind their back: "How can self-declared
> >> 'scientists' remain so stupid stupid stupid???"
> >> https://groups.google.com/g/sci.anthropology.paleo/c/q6RXqefqa3Q
> >> Also notice how many times you use :-DDD in that message, which
> >> symbolizes nothing but ridicule and contempt.

> >:-DDD Yes, what else, my little boy??

> One has to wonder why you have to be such an asshole about it all the
> time. It's probably out of frustration, because you wish, but can't,
> force a 'paradigm' shift.

Yes, it's frustrating that self-declared "scientists" are too stupid to see that furless, flat-footed, thick-bellied mammals can't have run after antelopes, not even have lived in savannas: all naked & fat mammals with large brains, poor olfaction, external noses, broad bodies etc. are (semi)aquatic..

> >Only incredible fools believe that our flat feet, poor olfaction, naked skin, fat belly,
> >external nose, heavy bones, long femoral necks etc.etc. evolved to hunt....

Indeed, thanks, my boy.

Re: Homo medicus

<fsi90i1m5ga9a5ern6q8buc7l4egf6627n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16426&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16426

From: pand...@knoware.nl (Pandora)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
References: <a9c0d93d-62ee-48d4-abea-08111ed54a7fn@googlegroups.com> <umj40i14ffr6ag2qn4ag2qc7bq7ng8r5nd@4ax.com> <1c1cae76-926a-4d4b-97a6-6af951cdbf9bn@googlegroups.com> <q9c60ip1enps02useha6440tri3f7tbgg0@4ax.com> <c3ad1d4f-e967-414c-8364-7534eab9b103n@googlegroups.com> <t3k60ilqbflfg0evn1gnmbra5pucr81vqq@4ax.com> <bed26963-c931-46ba-ac81-bbc7738b833bn@googlegroups.com> <vdt80i508ekc79fgs7cun705iuvbfo522f@4ax.com> <a5b6ac46-0b4d-4831-bfec-b26f43764d49n@googlegroups.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 18:04:27 +0100
 by: Pandora - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 17:04 UTC

On Sun, 5 Mar 2023 05:38:57 -0800 (PST), "littor...@gmail.com"

>> >:-DDD Yes, what else, my little boy??
>
>> One has to wonder why you have to be such an asshole about it all the
>> time. It's probably out of frustration, because you wish, but can't,
>> force a 'paradigm' shift.
>
>Yes, it's frustrating that self-declared "scientists"

How many students are enlisted at your Study Center Anthropology?
Is it a formally recognized academic institution?

Re: Homo medicus

<7f5ba7bb-6aa9-459c-bf85-d21385d28bf7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16427&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16427

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 16:04:02 -0800 (PST)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 00:04 UTC

The only kudu runners' argument:

> How many students are enlisted at your Study Center Anthropology?
> Is it a formally recognized academic institution?

:-DDD

Re: Homo medicus

<a8ba04bb-2ff2-41ba-8872-438fb1dd87c3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16429&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16429

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 16:25:07 -0800 (PST)
From: jte...@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 00:25 UTC

Pandora wrote:

> How many students are enlisted at your Study Center Anthropology?

You could repeat this 20, 80 or even 500 times -- and God know you
will -- but it can't ever address a word being said to you, let alone
refute any of it.

It's not an argument. You're not discussing the issues, you're trying to
stop discussion. You're trying to block an exchange.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/710425976700649472

Re: Homo medicus

<5b991bbf-f4c2-4ebe-8c43-e5a070d2865cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16433&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16433

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 04:03:36 -0800 (PST)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 12:03 UTC

Kudu runner:

> How many students are enlisted at your Study Center Anthropology?

And how many students follow your antelope nonsense, my little child?
Is it a formally recognized academic institution?

Re: Homo medicus

<1ptb0ithte2lauu9g8jl1ttc45ucni18ms@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16435&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16435

From: pand...@knoware.nl (Pandora)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
References: <1c1cae76-926a-4d4b-97a6-6af951cdbf9bn@googlegroups.com> <q9c60ip1enps02useha6440tri3f7tbgg0@4ax.com> <c3ad1d4f-e967-414c-8364-7534eab9b103n@googlegroups.com> <t3k60ilqbflfg0evn1gnmbra5pucr81vqq@4ax.com> <bed26963-c931-46ba-ac81-bbc7738b833bn@googlegroups.com> <vdt80i508ekc79fgs7cun705iuvbfo522f@4ax.com> <a5b6ac46-0b4d-4831-bfec-b26f43764d49n@googlegroups.com> <fsi90i1m5ga9a5ern6q8buc7l4egf6627n@4ax.com> <7f5ba7bb-6aa9-459c-bf85-d21385d28bf7n@googlegroups.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 15:22:35 +0100
 by: Pandora - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 14:22 UTC

On Sun, 5 Mar 2023 16:04:02 -0800 (PST), "littor...@gmail.com"
<littoral.homo@gmail.com> wrote:

>The only kudu runners' argument:
>
>> How many students are enlisted at your Study Center Anthropology?
>> Is it a formally recognized academic institution?
>
>:-DDD

I'm trying to establish your credibility here.
You accuse other people of being self-declared "scientists", and now
I'm trying to figure out what part of you is not self-declared.

Edward Hagen got a PhD in anthropology (1999) form the University of
California, Santa Barbara, which is a bonafide academic institute:
https://www.ucsb.edu/

Your Study Center Anthropology on the other hand appears to be just a
mailbox institute.

Re: Homo medicus

<sivb0i1n15aeqi1iq0650sgechfda19lan@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16436&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16436

From: pand...@knoware.nl (Pandora)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
References: <1c1cae76-926a-4d4b-97a6-6af951cdbf9bn@googlegroups.com> <q9c60ip1enps02useha6440tri3f7tbgg0@4ax.com> <c3ad1d4f-e967-414c-8364-7534eab9b103n@googlegroups.com> <t3k60ilqbflfg0evn1gnmbra5pucr81vqq@4ax.com> <bed26963-c931-46ba-ac81-bbc7738b833bn@googlegroups.com> <vdt80i508ekc79fgs7cun705iuvbfo522f@4ax.com> <a5b6ac46-0b4d-4831-bfec-b26f43764d49n@googlegroups.com> <fsi90i1m5ga9a5ern6q8buc7l4egf6627n@4ax.com> <5b991bbf-f4c2-4ebe-8c43-e5a070d2865cn@googlegroups.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 15:53:18 +0100
 by: Pandora - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 14:53 UTC

On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 04:03:36 -0800 (PST), "littor...@gmail.com"
<littoral.homo@gmail.com> wrote:

>> How many students are enlisted at your Study Center Anthropology?
>
>And how many students follow your antelope nonsense, my little child?
>Is it a formally recognized academic institution?

The idea of endurance running and its possible relation to persistence
hunting is not mine. As far as I know it was David Carrier who
suggested it in his 1984 paper "The energetic paradox of human running
and hominid evolution" in Current Anthropology:
https://carrier.biology.utah.edu/Publications2.html

Later Bramble and Lieberman reviewed the anatomical and physiological
basis in their 2004 paper "Endurance running and the evolution of
Homo" in Nature:
https://scholar.harvard.edu/dlieberman/publications/endurance-running-and-evolution-homo

Given that Current Anthropology and Nature are two well-established,
widely circulating journals, I'm pretty sure that a lot of students
have picked up the idea. It has a lot more citations than "Aquarboreal
Ancestors?".

Re: Homo medicus

<23ed9f0f-4177-4414-a7b4-6f1b6cb8c57dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16439&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16439

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 15:41:36 -0800 (PST)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 23:41 UTC

kudu runner:

> I'm trying to establish your credibility here.

Establish your own credibility, my little boy!

Re: Homo medicus

<f9411144-d0ff-44e5-bb52-a7fb63d24284n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16440&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16440

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 22:31:35 -0800 (PST)
From: jte...@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 06:31 UTC

Pandora wrote:

> I'm trying to establish your credibility here.

You are literally "Arguing" that he doesn't have the right to speak on
these issues. You are trying to shut down any talk. You are trying to
STOP any discussion. BECAUSE you can't beat it.

You can't win, you know Aquatic Ape is correct, so instead of trying
to "Argue" a point you attempt to block or at least obstruct.

...plus do the Google on "Ad Hominem."

> You accuse other people of being self-declared "scientists", and now
> I'm trying to figure out what part of you is not self-declared.

Paleo anthropology is NOT a science. From the over-the-top selection
bias to the circular idiocy where everything has to be interpreted within
the framework of the social program, paleo anthropology is a disgrace.

It is NOT a science.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/711028378582581249

Re: Homo medicus

<168d9602-69cc-4e49-89ad-191712fda645n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16441&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16441

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 22:33:11 -0800 (PST)
From: jte...@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 06:33 UTC

Pandora wrote:

> The idea of endurance running and its possible relation to persistence
> hunting is not mine.

And it's stupid. It's circular.

"They evolved this thing, okay? So they could do it and, um, and evolve
this thing that they had to evolve in order to do it so they could evolve
it."

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/711028378582581249

Re: Homo medicus

<fv0e0i99qvbemtc2npse039mbm1mju464p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16442&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16442

From: pand...@knoware.nl (Pandora)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
References: <c3ad1d4f-e967-414c-8364-7534eab9b103n@googlegroups.com> <t3k60ilqbflfg0evn1gnmbra5pucr81vqq@4ax.com> <bed26963-c931-46ba-ac81-bbc7738b833bn@googlegroups.com> <vdt80i508ekc79fgs7cun705iuvbfo522f@4ax.com> <a5b6ac46-0b4d-4831-bfec-b26f43764d49n@googlegroups.com> <fsi90i1m5ga9a5ern6q8buc7l4egf6627n@4ax.com> <7f5ba7bb-6aa9-459c-bf85-d21385d28bf7n@googlegroups.com> <1ptb0ithte2lauu9g8jl1ttc45ucni18ms@4ax.com> <23ed9f0f-4177-4414-a7b4-6f1b6cb8c57dn@googlegroups.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2023 10:29:45 +0100
 by: Pandora - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 09:29 UTC

On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 15:41:36 -0800 (PST), "littor...@gmail.com"
<littoral.homo@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm trying to establish your credibility here.
>
>Establish your own credibility, my little boy!

I don't pretend to be an anthropologist at Mailbox University.

Re: Homo medicus

<97a79eb3-2bc4-4b25-a316-406e0bea6cb2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16443&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#16443

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 01:36:57 -0800 (PST)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 09:36 UTC

Kudu runner:

> I don't pretend to be an anthropologist at Mailbox University.

Yes, you haven't said 1 sensible word so far.

https://es.linkedin.com/posts/kathelijne-bonne-980b946_waterside-hypothesis-wading-led-to-upright-activity-7034085381423702016-TM1b