From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: (ELS) Emergency Location Service
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 00:55:48 +0200
 by: paul - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 22:55 UTC

Is your ELS constantly being turned on without you telling it to do so?
https://crisisresponse.google/emergencylocationservice/how-it-works/

Every day I've been checking and every few days I find that my ELS
(Emergency Location Service) is turned on without me expressly doing so.

In fact I've expressly turned it off each time I find it to be turned on.

It's easy enough to turn off because I've set a shortcut to access it.
Package com.google.android.gms
Class com.google.android.location.settings.GoogleLocationSettingsActivity

There's also access outside of the Google Mobile Services "gms"
Package com.android.settings
Class com.android.settings.Settings$LocationSettingsActivity

Google implies you can turn it off and it should stay off
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3467281?hl=en

But SOMETHING is turning it back on for sure as I've been watching this for
a couple of weeks now) - probably another sneaky Google trick I suspect.

Do you find that something turns on your ELS every few days?
https://crisisresponse.google/emergencylocationservice/

If so, have you figured out what it is yet?

computers / comp.mobile.android / (ELS) Emergency Location Service