You have junk mail.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Problems with Moto G 6-plus

SubjectAuthor
* Problems with Moto G 6-plusRoger Mills
`* Re: Problems with Moto G 6-plusCarlos E.R.
 +* Re: Problems with Moto G 6-plusFrank Slootweg
 |`* Re: Problems with Moto G 6-plusRoger Mills
 | `- Re: Problems with Moto G 6-plusCarlos E.R.
 `- Re: Problems with Moto G 6-plusCarlos E.R.

1
Problems with Moto G 6-plus

<ii9lg4Fpfb5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16464&group=comp.mobile.android#16464

From: watt.ty...@gmail.com (Roger Mills)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,",uk.telecom.mobile"
Subject: Problems with Moto G 6-plus
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 17:51:16 +0100
 by: Roger Mills - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 16:51 UTC

My phone tends to suffer from two problems - which may or may not be
related. [Moto g(6)plus, Android 9, Build: PPW29-116-20-28]

Firstly, it sometimes refuses to answer an incoming call. I can tap
Accept, or swipe up - depending on what it was doing at the time - but
it just goes on ringing until it goes to voicemail.

Secondly, I frequently lose incoming sound in the middle of a call. The
person the other end can apparently hear me, but I can't hear them. [The
call starts ok with 2-way speech, but this typically happens a minute or
so into the call.

Any clues on what to look for?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Re: Problems with Moto G 6-plus

<q4o4ph-do1.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16471&group=comp.mobile.android#16471

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,","uk.telecom.mobile\""
Subject: Re: Problems with Moto G 6-plus
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 20:05:46 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 18:05 UTC

On 08/06/2021 18.51, Roger Mills wrote:
> My phone tends to suffer from two problems - which may or may not be
> related. [Moto g(6)plus, Android 9, Build: PPW29-116-20-28]

I have that same model and build.

> Firstly, it sometimes refuses to answer an incoming call. I can tap
> Accept, or swipe up - depending on what it was doing at the time - but
> it just goes on ringing until it goes to voicemail.
>
> Secondly, I frequently lose incoming sound in the middle of a call. The
> person the other end can apparently hear me, but I can't hear them. [The
> call starts ok with 2-way speech, but this typically happens a minute or
> so into the call.
>
> Any clues on what to look for?

I'm not experiencing any problems with calls...

The only problem I notice is that the warning sounds, like an incoming
message in Whatsapp, is not reliable, sometimes I don't hear it. But
other people had the same problem with other phones.

I suspect your phone is just "too busy" or "too loaded". Either a
bloated app, or too many apps.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Problems with Moto G 6-plus

<s9qbs5.68s.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16494&group=comp.mobile.android#16494

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile
Date: 9 Jun 2021 10:23:45 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 10:23 UTC

Roger, please fix your newsreader. Your Newsgroups line has (illegal)
quote characters (") and one too many commas (,).

Fixed broken Newsgroups line:

> Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,",uk.telecom.mobile"

Carlos E.R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
[...]

$DRIFT ON

> The only problem I notice is that the warning sounds, like an incoming
> message in Whatsapp, is not reliable, sometimes I don't hear it. But
> other people had the same problem with other phones.

That - no audible notification for a new message - is probably a
WhatsApp issue. We get the same on our two phones, for example even when
the phone is lying on the table next to us, so there's no way we didn't
hear the notification sound. Somewhat annoying, but we can live with it.

$DRIFT OFF

Re: Problems with Moto G 6-plus

<jth6ph-4m8.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16495&group=comp.mobile.android#16495

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 12:31:47 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 10:31 UTC

Resending with group name corrected.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Problems with Moto G 6-plus

<iibphhF7bkqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16496&group=comp.mobile.android#16496

From: watt.ty...@gmail.com (Roger Mills)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 13:12:33 +0100
 by: Roger Mills - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 12:12 UTC

On 09/06/2021 11:23, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> Roger, please fix your newsreader. Your Newsgroups line has (illegal)
> quote characters (") and one too many commas (,).

Sorry - that's because I was trying to post to more than one newsgroup
and couldn't find any info on what separator to use in Thunderbird.
Anyone know?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Re: Problems with Moto G 6-plus

<4i67ph-7ls.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16504&group=comp.mobile.android#16504

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 18:24:04 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 16:24 UTC

On 09/06/2021 14.12, Roger Mills wrote:
> On 09/06/2021 11:23, Frank Slootweg wrote:
>>    Roger, please fix your newsreader. Your Newsgroups line has (illegal)
>> quote characters (") and one too many commas (,).
>>

> Sorry - that's because I was trying to post to more than one newsgroup
> and couldn't find any info on what separator to use in Thunderbird.
> Anyone know?

You don't add any separator. Thunderbird adds them internally. Once it
recognizes one newsgroup, it is highlighted and edit is "blocked" (edit
again with f2).

--
Cheers, Carlos.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Problems with Moto G 6-plus