Friction is a drag.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOS

SubjectAuthor
* Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System,GLOBUS
+* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingJolly Roger
|`* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingCameo
| +* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingCarlos E.R.
| |+* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOpaul
| ||+* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingJolly Roger
| ||+* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingAlan Baker
| ||+- Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingCarlos E.R.
| ||`- Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyORod Speed
| |`* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingCameo
| | `* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingCarlos E.R.
| |  `* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingCameo
| |   `* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingAlan Baker
| |    `* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOnospam
| |     `* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingCarlos E.R.
| |      `* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOFrank Slootweg
| |       `* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOnospam
| |        +* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingCarlos E.R.
| |        |+- Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOnospam
| |        |+- Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOFrank Slootweg
| |        |`* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operatingsms
| |        | `* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingCarlos E.R.
| |        |  `* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOFrank Slootweg
| |        |   `- Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingJolly Roger
| |        `* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOFrank Slootweg
| |         +- Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingCarlos E.R.
| |         `- Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingJolly Roger
| `* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingJolly Roger
|  `- Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOnospam
+- Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOYour Name
+* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingAndy Burns
|+- Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOYour Name
|+- Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operatingsms
|`* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOFrank Slootweg
| +* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingAndy Burns
| |+- Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingAJL
| |`- Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operatingsms
| `* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingCarlos E.R.
|  `* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOFrank Slootweg
|   `* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operatingsms
|    `* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOFrank Slootweg
|     `* Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operatingsms
|      `- Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOnospam
`- Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own OperatingJoerg Lorenz

Pages:123
Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOS

<s9trfp$2m3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16548&group=comp.mobile.android#16548

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating
System, HarmonyOS
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 13:08:25 -0700
 by: sms - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 20:08 UTC

On 6/10/2021 12:32 PM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
>> On 6/10/2021 11:08 AM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
>>
>> <snip>

>>> You think the amount of apps on HarmonyOS will take off? If so, I've a
>>> nice 300-meter steel tower in Paris for sale, real cheap, honest!
>>
>> Pretty sure that he meant 'I don't think the Harmony OS will be around
>> for long.'
>
> Well, that's what I thought at first as well, but I think the Harmony
> OS itself will be around, at least in China, because Huawei has no other
> option.

But Chinese consumers, and consumers in the other countries where Huawei
had significant market share, have lots of other options for high-end
Android phones.

Oppo, Xiaomi, and Lenovo, to name three. The Android ecosystem is very
strong in China, despite the Google Play store not being available, with
a great many app stores <https://www.appinchina.co/market/app-stores/>.

You can see Huawei's plunging market share at
<https://www.counterpointresearch.com/china-smartphone-share/>. It fell
to tied for third for Q12021, behind Vivo and Oppo, tied with Xiaomi.

The beneficiaries of Huawei's fall were Vivo and Oppo, not Apple, who
also lost market share in China. Samsung isn't even on the top 7 list.
Apple gets a boost every 4th quarter when the new iPhones come out, but
then falls. I think that the iPhone 13 is going to sell well in China as
long as it has TouchID, dual SIM support, and improved cameras, as
predicted.

Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOS

<100620211717433526%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16551&group=comp.mobile.android#16551

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOS
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:17:43 -0400
 by: nospam - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 21:17 UTC

In article <s9trfp$2m3$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> Apple gets a boost every 4th quarter when the new iPhones come out, but
> then falls.

*every* phone maker has a peak right after they introduce new products.

there's nothing unusual about that, no matter how hard you try to spin
it as an apple is doomed rant.

> I think that the iPhone 13 is going to sell well in China as
> long as it has TouchID, dual SIM support, and improved cameras, as
> predicted.

as usual, your thinking is wrong and you also need to get over your
trollish obsession with touch id.

the iphone 12 sold exceptionally well in china, as did the 11, xs and x
that preceded it, all of which have face id.

the iphone se, which has touch id and is a lot less expensive, did not
sell as well.

<https://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-results/apple-sees-revenue-gro
wth-accelerating-after-setting-record-for-iphone-sales-china-strength-id
USKBN29W2TD>
(Reuters) - Apple Inc on Wednesday reported holiday quarter sales
and profits that beat Wall Street expectations, as new 5G iPhones
helped push handset revenue to a new record and sparked a 57%
rise in China sales.
China proved a strong market for iPhone, with overall sales there
rising 57% to $21.31 billion.

<https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/01/12/iphone-12-sales-soar-in-china-
to-close-out-2020/>
News reports suggest that Apple's (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone 12 family
of devices sold far better than expected in China during the fourth
quarter, providing further evidence that the long-predicted "super
cycle" may have arrived. A story from DigiTimes (courtesy of
MacRumors) reports that Apple sold north of 18 million iPhones
during Q4, a "staggering" number which would suggest that Apple
took more than 20% market share to close out the year.

To put that in perspective, prior to the report, Chinese rivals
including Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo, and Vivo accounted for more
than 90% of the devices sold in the country, leaving a high-single
digit percentage available for Apple and every other provider in
the country, making the iPhone makers achievement all the more
remarkable.

<https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/28/apple-aapl-had-record-quarter-in-china-
thanks-to-iphone-upgrades.html>
Apple raked in its highest ever revenue in the greater China
region in the December quarter.
Will Wong, an analyst at IDC, said two key factors were behind
Apple¹s success in China ‹ attractive iPhone 12 models and
the weakness of Chinese smartphone giant Huawei.

The iPhone 12 and 12 Pro were the most-bought models due
to good pricing and features such as screen size, according to
Wong.

<https://www.gizchina.com/2020/08/17/iphone-11-is-the-top-selling-smartp
hone-in-several-markets/>
When Apple reported its results for the second quarter of this year,
the company said the iPhone 11 is the best-selling smartphone in the
China market. The latest Counterpoint survey confirms this.

Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOS

<iih59gF8gghU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16561&group=comp.mobile.android#16561

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
System, HarmonyOS
Date: 11 Jun 2021 13:03:44 GMT
<tgj4ph-7ms.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <s9og4i$aib$1@dont-email.me>
<r1u4ph-998.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <s9okem$cmh$1@dont-email.me>
<s9oo8r$728$2@dont-email.me> <080620211745112085%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<ct95ph-t1l.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>
<s9qqjp.9po.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>
<090620211053281179%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<8nd7ph-n34.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <s9r5nq$s7t$1@dont-email.me>
<mel7ph-88d.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>
<s9trb2.66c.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 13:03 UTC

On 2021-06-10, Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid> wrote:
> Carlos E.R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
>> On 09/06/2021 21.44, sms wrote:
>> > On 6/9/2021 11:26 AM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
>> >
>> > <snip>

>> > I just add his new aliases to my filter list as soon as I figure out
>> > that it's him.
>>
>> So do I, but I was not expecting several nyms at the same time.
>
> Well, he said he wouldn't do that, so .... :-)

The big mistake is taking anything he says seriously.

JR

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Huawei Officially Replaces Android with Their Own Operating System, HarmonyOS