From: jbee...@invalid.net.invalid (Joy Beeson)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.misc
Subject: The season continues to advance
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 23:08:20 -0400
 by: Joy Beeson - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 03:08 UTC

When I got back from Rural King today, I had to wash salt off my face.

And even though I was out after three -- more like six when I got
back; I was too busy putting perishables in the fridge etc. to think
of noting the time -- my gloves and windbreaker stayed in my pannier.

I was actually headed for Aldi, but I spent at least an hour in Rural
King (and still hadn't seen it all), and when I came out I was short
of time and energy. Fawchunately, I didn't have to go out of my way
at all to pick up a "freaky fast" zesty turkey club sub to be our
supper.

The steady stream of traffic coming out of normally-deserted McKinley
strongly suggested that I go out of my way to get home from
Jimmy-John's. Bronson is much easier to cross Winona on even when
Winona isn't down to one lane from Argonne to well past McKinley.
Since it was after quitting time, I briefly considered walking around
the barriers and using Argonne to get under the railroad, but it was
quite possible that the hole they were digging in the underpass
extended from wall to wall. By the time I got to the other side, I'd
forgotten that I wanted to stop and look back at Argonne after I got
onto the Heritage Trail sidewalk.

I hope that all this is in service of putting in a roundabout. The
kerfuffle a few weeks ago turned out to be putting a storm drain
filter under McKinley.

The mile of backed-up traffic caught me by complete surprise, but by
good luck I'd notice a ramp up from Park Avenue onto the sidewalk when
there was no interferring traffic, and decided to use it so I could
stop and look around when I got to the interesection, not to mention
that I dislike the four-way stop -- well, three way with Argonne shut
off, which is why they switched to flashing red in all directions.

So I was well placed to walk around the kerfuffle.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

tech / rec.bicycles.misc / The season continues to advance