Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: How power hungry is Bluetooth?
From: lonelyda...@gmail.com (MajorLanGod)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 00:18:04 GMT
 by: MajorLanGod - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 00:18 UTC

I have a Samsung J3 Orbit phone, and I use the Window 'Your Phone' app. My
phone usually sits about a foot from my laptop, so it is not like there is
any signal boost needed for them to connect.

I try to not let my phone stay on charge too long, so I unplug the charger,
usually before going to bed, if I remember to do it. More often than not
when I go to look at my phone the late in the next day, the battery is
drained. Is this normal?

Re: How power hungry is Bluetooth?

<130620212053255360%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16666&group=comp.mobile.android#16666

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: How power hungry is Bluetooth?
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 20:53:25 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 00:53 UTC

In article <XnsAD48C454ACCCDlonelydad58.gmail.co@85.12.62.251>,
MajorLanGod <lonelydad58@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a Samsung J3 Orbit phone, and I use the Window 'Your Phone' app. My
> phone usually sits about a foot from my laptop, so it is not like there is
> any signal boost needed for them to connect.
>
> I try to not let my phone stay on charge too long, so I unplug the charger,
> usually before going to bed, if I remember to do it. More often than not
> when I go to look at my phone the late in the next day, the battery is
> drained. Is this normal?

sounds normal.

bluetooth power drain is negligible and has no noticeable effect on run
time.

dimming the display, which apps you use, etc. will have a much bigger
effect.

Re: How power hungry is Bluetooth?

<sa7qcv$msf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16686&group=comp.mobile.android#16686

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 07:51:10 -0700
 by: sms - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:51 UTC

On 6/13/2021 5:18 PM, MajorLanGod wrote:
> I have a Samsung J3 Orbit phone, and I use the Window 'Your Phone' app. My
> phone usually sits about a foot from my laptop, so it is not like there is
> any signal boost needed for them to connect.
>
> I try to not let my phone stay on charge too long, so I unplug the charger,
> usually before going to bed, if I remember to do it. More often than not
> when I go to look at my phone the late in the next day, the battery is
> drained. Is this normal?

Yes. Keep your phone on the charger or turn off Bluetooth.

Re: How power hungry is Bluetooth?

<sa7rat$vgq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16687&group=comp.mobile.android#16687

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 15:07:09 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:cbyGkJ6yMzzFmEYBuOXvnB05dX0=
 by: Chris - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 15:07 UTC

MajorLanGod <lonelydad58@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a Samsung J3 Orbit phone, and I use the Window 'Your Phone' app. My
> phone usually sits about a foot from my laptop, so it is not like there is
> any signal boost needed for them to connect.
>
> I try to not let my phone stay on charge too long, so I unplug the charger,
> usually before going to bed, if I remember to do it. More often than not
> when I go to look at my phone the late in the next day, the battery is
> drained. Is this normal?

Depends how old your phone is and how often you use it. Although, it's very
unlikely bluetooth is a massive drain. It's designed to be on all the time
and use minimal power.

See this guide for checking what's using up your battery.
https://www.howtogeek.com/244748/how-to-see-which-apps-are-draining-your-battery-on-an-android-phone-or-tablet/

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: How power hungry is Bluetooth?