From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: Comparative Functional Morphology of Human and Chimpanzee Feet Based
on Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 22:46:01 -0600
 by: Primum Sapienti - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 04:46 UTC

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fbioe.2021.760486/full
Comparative Functional Morphology of Human and Chimpanzee Feet Based on
Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis
Front. Bioeng. Biotechnol., 13 January 2022

zTo comparatively investigate the morphological adaptation
of the human foot for achieving robust and efficient bipedal
locomotion, we develop three-dimensional finite element
models of the human and chimpanzee feet. Foot bones and the
outer surface of the foot are extracted from computer
tomography images and meshed with tetrahedral elements. The
ligaments and plantar fascia are represented by tension-only
spring elements. The contacts between the bones and between
the foot and ground are solved using frictionless and
Coulomb friction contact algorithms, respectively.
Physiologically realistic loading conditions of the feet
during quiet bipedal standing are simulated. Our results
indicate that the center of pressure (COP) is located more
anteriorly in the human foot than in the chimpanzee foot,
indicating a larger stability margin in bipedal posture in
humans. Furthermore, the vertical free moment generated by
the coupling motion of the calcaneus and tibia during axial
the compensation of the net yaw moment of the body around
the COP during bipedal locomotion. Furthermore, the human
foot can store elastic energy more effectively during axial
the late stance phase. This computational framework for a
comparative investigation of the causal relationship among
the morphology, kinematics, and kinetics of the foot may
provide a better understanding regarding the functional
significance of the morphological features of the human
foot.

Re: Comparative Functional Morphology of Human and Chimpanzee Feet Based on Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis

<ad36bd68-2977-4611-8e2e-1ea1421474b3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17286&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#17286

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 03:50:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Comparative Functional Morphology of Human and Chimpanzee Feet
Based on Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 10:50 UTC

Op maandag 12 juni 2023 om 06:46:04 UTC+2 schreef Primum Sapienti:
> https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fbioe.2021.760486/full
> Comparative Functional Morphology of Human and Chimpanzee Feet Based on
> Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis
> Front. Bioeng. Biotechnol., 13 January 2022
> To comparatively investigate the morphological adaptation
> of the human foot for achieving robust and efficient bipedal
> locomotion, we develop three-dimensional finite element
> models of the human and chimpanzee feet. Foot bones and the
> outer surface of the foot are extracted from computer
> tomography images and meshed with tetrahedral elements. The
> ligaments and plantar fascia are represented by tension-only
> spring elements. The contacts between the bones and between
> the foot and ground are solved using frictionless and
> Coulomb friction contact algorithms, respectively.
> Physiologically realistic loading conditions of the feet
> during quiet bipedal standing are simulated. Our results
> indicate that the center of pressure (COP) is located more
> anteriorly in the human foot than in the chimpanzee foot,
> indicating a larger stability margin in bipedal posture in
> humans. Furthermore, the vertical free moment generated by
> the coupling motion of the calcaneus and tibia during axial
> the compensation of the net yaw moment of the body around
> the COP during bipedal locomotion. Furthermore, the human
> foot can store elastic energy more effectively during axial
> the late stance phase. This computational framework for a
> comparative investigation of the causal relationship among
> the morphology, kinematics, and kinetics of the foot may
> provide a better understanding regarding the functional
> significance of the morphological features of the human foot.

Thanks a lot, this paper says we can walk & run bipedally... :-DDD
It perfectly confirms our view of Homo's evolution:
schematically (for simple-minded African savanna runners):
-- Pliocene Homo, from Africa to Java, google "aquarboreal": wading+climbing,
-- early-Pleist.archaic Homo, google "pachyosteosclerosis": wading+diving,
-- late-Pleistocene Homo sapiens, see paper above: wading+walking.
:-)

Already caught your antelope, Primum?

Humans vs Pan evolved soft noses & poor olfaction:
only *incredible* imbeciles still assume their Pleist.ancestors hunted antelopes on Afr.savannas.

Re: Comparative Functional Morphology of Human and Chimpanzee Feet Based on Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis

<750b3666-bec8-432a-860e-81f82a8920d1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17363&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#17363

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2023 21:19:20 -0700 (PDT)
Based on Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis
From: jte...@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 04:19 UTC

Humans and Chimps share a common ancestors. All the differences
between humans & Chimps evolved AFTER that common ancestor.

That common ancestor was bipedal.

The LCA had a hand that looked more like ours than a Chimps,
and it's anatomy reflected it's bipedalism... It looked like Homo
not Pan.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/721153190279643136

Re: Comparative Functional Morphology of Human and Chimpanzee Feet Based on Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis

<feedd17e-5388-47fc-be2e-e8a800409274n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17364&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#17364

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 02:34:26 -0700 (PDT)
Based on Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 09:34 UTC

Op maandag 26 juni 2023 om 06:19:21 UTC+2 schreef JTEM is so reasonable:

> Humans and Chimps share a common ancestors. All the differences
> between humans & Chimps evolved AFTER that common ancestor.
> That common ancestor was bipedal.
> The LCA had a hand that looked more like ours than a Chimps,
> and it's anatomy reflected it's bipedalism... It looked like Homo
> not Pan.

Yes, at least: its hands & feet: IIRC, fetal chimps have humanlike feet.
Hominoid evolution isn't so difficult: even kudu runners can understand :-D
- wading-climbing Mio-Pliocene Hominoidea, google “aquarboreal”,
- wading-diving early-Pleistocene Homo, e.g. H.erectus, google “pachyosteosclerosis”,
- wading-walking late-Pleistocene Homo, google “gondwanatalks Verhaegen Bonne”,
https://www.gondwanatalks.com/l/the-waterside-hypothesis-wading-led-to-upright-walking-in-early-humans/