The church saves sinners, but science seeks to stop their manufacture. -- Elbert Hubbard

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

SubjectAuthor
* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android userspaul
+* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android usersJohn Doe
|`- Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android userspaul
`* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android usersVanguardLH
 +* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android usersnospam
 |`* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android userspaul
 | `* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android usersnospam
 |  `* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android userspaul
 |   `* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android usersnospam
 |    `- Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android userspaul
 +* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android userssms
 |`- Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android userspaul
 +* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android usersAlan Browne
 |`* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android userspaul
 | +* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android usersnospam
 | |`* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android userspaul
 | | `* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android usersnospam
 | |  `- Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android userspaul
 | `* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android usersAlan Browne
 |  `* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android userspaul
 |   `* Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android usersAlan Baker
 |    `- Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android usersallen
 `- Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android userspaul

1
Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<sd2m19$jrr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17828&group=comp.mobile.android#17828

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 03:55:02 +0200
 by: paul - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 01:55 UTC

sms wrote on 19.07.2021 01:00
>> "My Apple 'family' just looks at me a little differently now." he said. "I
>> don't mean to say that they are outright rude or offensive, but there is
>> definitely an air of superiority in their questions or comments about my
>> daily carry choices."
>>
>> https://www.zdnet.com/article/iphone-owners-keep-mocking-android-users-and-people-are-hurting/
>
> My son said that when he was in college and texting to some woman she
> said that it bothered her that the messages from him showed up in green
> in iMessage indicating that he was using an Android device. I wouldn't
> say that it hurt him, though now he and his girlfriend are now all Apple
> (phone, watch, laptop), except for gaming of course.

I'm going to approach this thread as any intelligent adult would...
I'll read the article for content & report realistically what that is.

Having read the articles, it's no different for iOS users than for Brawndo:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAqIJZeeXEc>
as most of what Apple owners think is based on what Tim Cook told them to
think (i.e., very few Apple owners have a clue about what Apple really is).

BTW, there is nothing wrong with poking fun at the Android user base.
Just as there's nothing wrong with poking fun at the Apple user base.

But let's look at the facts inherent in the article... shall we?

Reading the zdnet article for content it seems to stem from these
<https://www.androidcentral.com/i-wish-my-apple-friends-would-stop-android-shaming-me>
<https://www.zdnet.com/article/google-could-bring-to-android-one-of-the-iphones-best-features/>
<https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/switching-from-android-iphone-shows-what-my-friends-really-think/>
<https://www.androidcentral.com/switching-android-escaping-apple>
<https://www.androidcentral.com/why-android-security-fearmongering-bs>
<https://www.androidcentral.com/security-not-privacy-and-you-can-have-one-without-other>
<https://www.androidcentral.com/eos-review-privacy-focused-android-without-google>
<https://www.androidcentral.com/6-ways-apple-copied-google>
<https://www.androidcentral.com/android-12s-privacy-dashboard-great-addition-android-still-needs-some-polish>
etc.

About the only concrete statement the zdnet article said was it boiled down
to the elitist loving the style while the Android users wanted features.
"Johnson's pain is, of course, all Apple's fault. If only it hadn't
started by making a lot of expensive, lovely-looking phones at a time
when Android phones were packed with feature..."

Moving on to the Android Central article it covers the myths that Tim Cook
has fed all idiot Apple users to believe, where the author repeatedly points
out how ignorant most iOS users truly are about Android...

Here are some direct quotes from that first Android Central article:
"if you're worried about being hacked or having your data stolen,
that's just as likely to happen on an iPhone as it is an Android device"
"Google's apps and services indeed collect a ton of your personal data,
but you also have a ton of control"
"my Apple friends like to talk about how their iPhones work seamlessly
with their Macs and iPads, but many of those same people don't realize
just how good the experience of using an Android phone with a Windows PC
is."
"iOS adherents often like to reference how indispensable iMessage and
Facetime are to their digital lives... But as muddled as Google's
messaging app strategy has been, there are a ton of great messaging
apps on Android that "just work," too. "

In the end, while most Android users are likely just as ignorant of iOS as
are most iOS users ignorant of both iOS and Android, the articles say the
same thing I've been proving with facts for a very long time.

Most iOS users are completely ignorant of what it is they claim about
Android, much as what I find out when I ask people putting Techron in their
car what a polyetheramine is, and what it does when poured into their tank.

All iOS users tend to respond much like they did in the Idiocracy movie:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAqIJZeeXEc>

Brawndo's got what plants crave!
It just works!
--
Alan Baker, Alan Browne, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Savageduck, Wade Garrett, Wolffan, Your Name,

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<sd2mk3$ta$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17829&group=comp.mobile.android#17829

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,free.spam
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 02:04:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 02:04 UTC

Why are your replies beginning a new thread, and without proper
introductions, instead of being tucked away in the original (ignored)
thread like they should be? Surely the default configuration of Agent
doesn't mess up threading...

--
paul <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> [...]
> are most iOS users ignorant of both iOS and Android, the articles say the
> same thing I've been proving with facts for a very long time.
>
> Most iOS users are completely ignorant of what it is they claim about
> Android, much as what I find out when I ask people putting Techron in their
> car what a polyetheramine is, and what it does when poured into their tank.
>
> All iOS users tend to respond much like they did in the Idiocracy movie:
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAqIJZeeXEc>
>
> Brawndo's got what plants crave!
> It just works!
> --
> Alan Baker, Alan Browne, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
> Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Savageduck, Wade Garrett, Wolffan, Your Name,
> et al.

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<3u8ouycktutz.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17830&group=comp.mobile.android#17830

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 22:43:22 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 03:43 UTC

paul <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Having read the articles, it's no different for iOS users than for
> Brawndo: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAqIJZeeXEc> as most of
> what Apple owners think is based on what Tim Cook told them to think
> (i.e., very few Apple owners have a clue about what Apple really is).

Just cite marketshare. Often that'll shut them up.

Android: 73%
iOS: 26%
(https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/mobile/worldwide)

Having a far smaller marketshare does not discount worth, however.
After all, how many users are playing with, or using for embedded
solutions, the Raspberry Pi hardware?

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<180720212352517459%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17831&group=comp.mobile.android#17831

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 23:52:51 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 03:52 UTC

In article <3u8ouycktutz.dlg@v.nguard.lh>, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH>
wrote:

> Just cite marketshare. Often that'll shut them up.

what's with the combativeness?

> Android: 73%
> iOS: 26%
> (https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/mobile/worldwide)

you clearly don't understand what those numbers mean and why they do
not matter *at* *all*.

apple is the first and only publicly traded company to reach $2.5
trillion market cap.

> Having a far smaller marketshare does not discount worth, however.
> After all, how many users are playing with, or using for embedded
> solutions, the Raspberry Pi hardware?

a raspberry pi is not even remotely comparable to a smartphone and
entirely irrelevant.

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<sd41m9$vtd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17838&group=comp.mobile.android#17838

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 07:19:51 -0700
 by: sms - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 14:19 UTC

On 7/18/2021 8:43 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
> paul <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Having read the articles, it's no different for iOS users than for
>> Brawndo: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAqIJZeeXEc> as most of
>> what Apple owners think is based on what Tim Cook told them to think
>> (i.e., very few Apple owners have a clue about what Apple really is).
>
> Just cite marketshare. Often that'll shut them up.
>
> Android: 73%
> iOS: 26%
> (https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/mobile/worldwide)
>
> Having a far smaller marketshare does not discount worth, however.
> After all, how many users are playing with, or using for embedded
> solutions, the Raspberry Pi hardware?

Most Raspberry Pi users run Raspberry Pi OS, which is based on Linux,
though some run LineageOS, an Android derivative.

What really matters is revenue and profit. Currently, the two companies
with the largest unit sales in phones, Samsung and Xiaomi, would kill to
make the profit per phone of Apple. Apple could easily have gone down
the road of selling low-end, mid-range, and flagship devices if they
were interested in maximizing market share instead of maximizing profit.

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<c1gJI.22012$ilwe.9588@fx35.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17839&group=comp.mobile.android#17839

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 10:31:36 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 14:31 UTC

On 2021-07-18 23:43, VanguardLH wrote:
> paul <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Having read the articles, it's no different for iOS users than for
>> Brawndo: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAqIJZeeXEc> as most of
>> what Apple owners think is based on what Tim Cook told them to think
>> (i.e., very few Apple owners have a clue about what Apple really is).
>
> Just cite marketshare. Often that'll shut them up.
>
> Android: 73%
> iOS: 26%
> (https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/mobile/worldwide)
>
> Having a far smaller marketshare does not discount worth, however.
> After all, how many users are playing with, or using for embedded
> solutions, the Raspberry Pi hardware?

Me: inertial navigation @ 1 kHz with GPS (10 | 16 Hz) aiding.
No OS. embedded realtime. RPi 4.

That said, while Android is greater in number, the profit margins that
Apple make dwarf Android makers in sum.

And Android/Windows users don't really understand the best of Apple
products: when a user has 2 or more devices (Mac+iPhone, etc.) then the
real magic begins via iCloud integration. Seamless, fast and secure
(NSO hack aside).

Nobody comes close to the 'whole' product integration of Apple.

--
"...there are many humorous things in this world; among them the white
man's notion that he is less savage than the other savages."

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<sd47ab$1uhv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17840&group=comp.mobile.android#17840

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 17:56:07 +0200
 by: paul - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 15:56 UTC

VanguardLH wrote on 19.07.2021 05:43

>> Having read the articles, it's no different for iOS users than for
>> Brawndo: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAqIJZeeXEc> as most of
>> what Apple owners think is based on what Tim Cook told them to think
>> (i.e., very few Apple owners have a clue about what Apple really is).
>
> Just cite marketshare. Often that'll shut them up.

Hi VanguardLH,

The people who wrote those articles _understood_ the typical Apple user.
They're _desperate_ to claim something (anything) to justify their choice.

All of what they claim turns out to be ignorant bullshit (which the articles
pointed out - but I suspect not a single apologist _read_ the articles).

I did.
Better yet, I _understood_ what the articles said.

They don't.
They won't.
They can't.

I've studied these strange Apple cultists, even to the point of asking
people in stores why they own an iPhone where they only know what Tim Cook's
web site has fed them (i.e., they're completely ignorant of actual facts).

That's what the articles were talking about - the ignorance of Apple
cultists who only know what they were fed by the best (admittedly brilliant)
marketing organization on this planet.

The issue at hand in the articles is that the typical iOS user is a very
strange type of ignorant cultist, very much like flat earthers are.

They're like ignorant nutcase Trump supporters at the Capitol riot - where
most Apple users seem driven only by the (admittedly brilliant) marketing
claims of their cultist leadership - in this case, Apple marketing.

Much as with Trumpist cultists, these Apple cultists have nothing of value
to claim about Apple so what they claim, with strange joyful glee, is the
MARKET CAP of Apple (which is driven sky high from their stupidity).

They _love_ having their eyes gouged out by Apple in terms of raising prices
and removing functionality (e.g., el cheapo batteries and no charger or ear
buds in the iPhone 12 is, to them, very much MAGA-like, "green".

What adults notice is how _desperate_ they are to claim that their leader,
much like the MAGA wackos are, is "better" than Android (in any way they can
find).

What they find "better" (as the articles pointed out), isn't functionality,
but bullshit stuff like "style" or bullshit border-wall security claims.

*This is important - as any adult understood what the articles were saying*.

It's the same here with these dozen apologists who are _desperate_ to claim
something (anything) that MARKETING fed them to believe which shows Apple
somehow (magically?) better than Android in any functionally useful
category.

They have nothing - so they hail on MARKET CAP (not realizing that Apple has
the lowest R&D expenditure by percent on the planet, for example).

Apple is all marketing, and almost no R&D - so they don't highlight that.
What they highlight is what Apple markets to them.

Which was the point of the series of articles badgolferman pointed us to.
As long as _these_ dozen people are _not_ on a Usenet newsgroup thread, the
conversation can remain purposefully helpful & productive for all concerned.

It's the same here on Usenet, where, if _any_ of these ill educated cultists
infests the thread, they instantly turn any thread into their own
kindergarten cesspool.
Alan Baker, Alan Browne, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Savageduck, Wade Garrett, Wolffan, Your Name,

Just watch.

They are completely ignorant of what Android is, and yet they make these
repeated claims of how their iOS is "superior" to Android, based purely on
what Tim Cook's Apple web site fed them to believe.

Then, when you tell them a fact about Apple (e.g., Apple paid criminal
fines), they deny those facts outright, and if you tell them a functionality
(free Android apps graph wifi over time), they fabricate that their beloved
iOS devices can do what Android does all day every day.

Why?
I don't know why.

When you post a fact to the Android newsgroup about Google being what Google
is, nobody on the Android newsgroup ever bats an eye - because we're normal
people who can handle facts. We aren't cultists about Android.

Yet when you post a fact about iOS to the iOS newsgroup about Apple being
what Apple is, all the apologists go bonkers (almost always, no longer
surprisingly, they will _blame_ Google for Apple's flaws!) - because they're
not normal people - they can't handle facts about Apple.

They're exactly like the people in the Idiocracy movie swayed by marketing.
*Brawndo's got what plants crave! It just works!*
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAqIJZeeXEc>
--
Alan Baker, Alan Browne, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Savageduck, Wade Garrett, Wolffan, Your Name,
et al. are strange cultists who can't process facts about Apple products.

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<sd47ga$1tf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17841&group=comp.mobile.android#17841

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 17:59:18 +0200
 by: paul - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 15:59 UTC

nospam wrote on 19.07.2021 05:52
> apple is the first and only publicly traded company to reach $2.5
> trillion market cap.

The apologists are always desperate to find something (anything) that
MARKETING fed them, where Apple beats Android or Windows (even as their own
ignorance is the only reason Apple makes those ungodly sums of money).

*You can't make those ungodly profits off an intelligent customer base.*

FACT
Bear in mind Apple has the _lowest_ R&D by percent of _any_ high tech
company, even those both far smaller, and far larger than is Apple.
--
Alan Baker, Alan Browne, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Savageduck, Wade Garrett, Wolffan, Your Name,
et al. don't realize Apple is all MARKETING and almost zero actual R&D.

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<190720211216128299%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17842&group=comp.mobile.android#17842

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 12:16:12 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 16:16 UTC

In article <sd47ga$1tf$1@gioia.aioe.org>, paul <nospam@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

> FACT
> Bear in mind Apple has the _lowest_ R&D by percent of _any_ high tech
> company,

math fail

> even those both far smaller, and far larger than is Apple.

given that apple is the largest company by many metrics, there aren't
any companies 'far larger than is apple'.

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<sd491t$rt3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17843&group=comp.mobile.android#17843

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 18:25:46 +0200
 by: paul - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 16:25 UTC

sms wrote on 19.07.2021 16:19
> What really matters is revenue and profit.

To whom?

Chevron fuel costs more than Costco fuel - is it therefore factually better?

Chevron markets "Techron" in their fuel - which sells at a high price.
Costco doesn't market their polyetheramine in their fuel - which is cheap.

Which fuel is better?
(Bear in mind I have _plenty_ of college organic chemistry if you respond.)

The point of the articles is that almost all of what Apple users claim is
better than Android is pure ignorant bullshit fueled by Apple MARKETING.

Just as Techron is the same polyetheramine "soap for gas" Costco sells.

Costco's gasoline profit is certainly lower, per gallon, than is Chevrons.
Why?

Is Chevron's "Techron" better than Costco's "polyetheramines"?

> Currently, the two companies
> with the largest unit sales in phones, Samsung and Xiaomi, would kill to
> make the profit per phone of Apple.

They will _never_ make Apple's profits.
Why?
It's clear to all _adults_ why.

It's the same reason some people buy Chevron fuel instead of Costco fuel.
*You can't make those ungodly profits off an intelligent customer base.*

> Apple could easily have gone down
> the road of selling low-end, mid-range, and flagship devices if they
> were interested in maximizing market share instead of maximizing profit.

Apple has the _lowest_ R&D expenditure of _all_ high tech companies (both
large and small) for a very good reason - which is they know something.

All common consumer electronics get batter, faster, & cheaper over time.
Except highly MARKETED ones.

The FORMULA is a winning one - for Apple.
Apple is all marketing - and the lowest R&D of all high tech companies.
--
Alan Baker, Alan Browne, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Savageduck, Wade Garrett, Wolffan, Your Name,
et al. are all driven purely by their ignorance of simple basic facts.

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<sd4992$v4h$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17844&group=comp.mobile.android#17844

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 18:29:34 +0200
 by: paul - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 16:29 UTC

Alan Browne wrote on 19.07.2021 16:31
> Nobody comes close to the 'whole' product integration of Apple.

*Alan Browne said _exactly_ what badgolferman's article said he would say*

All these Apple cultists are driven purely by bullshit MARKETING claims!
*Brawndo's got what plants crave! It just works!*
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAqIJZeeXEc>

The article said these ignorant people would say EXACTLY what Allen just
said, which is easily proven to be based on their pure ignorance of fact.
--
Alan Baker, Alan Browne, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Savageduck, Wade Garrett, Wolffan, Your Name,
et al. exactly do what badgolferman's articles said they would do.

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<190720211236311454%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17845&group=comp.mobile.android#17845

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 12:36:31 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 16:36 UTC

In article <sd4992$v4h$1@gioia.aioe.org>, paul <nospam@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

> All these Apple haters are driven purely by bullshit

ftfy

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<sd4a47$1d3f$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17846&group=comp.mobile.android#17846

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 18:44:04 +0200
 by: paul - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 16:44 UTC

nospam wrote on 19.07.2021 18:16
>> Bear in mind Apple has the _lowest_ R&D by percent of _any_ high tech
>> company,
>
> math fail

*FACTS*

The articles said that Apple users are ignorant. What's telling, is that
everything Apple users claim is driven by what Apple MARKETING fed them.

Apple is like the companies in Idioacracy:
*Brawndo's got what plants crave! It just works!*
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAqIJZeeXEc>

The people who don't know facts, are you apologists yourselves.

*Apple Is Spending Dramatically Below Peers on Innovation*
<https://www.barrons.com/articles/apple-innovation-research-development-acquisitions-cash-flow-buybacks-51597786424>

*Apple R&D spending looks anemic compared to rivals� big budgets*
<https://www.cultofmac.com/720505/apple-rd-spending-2020-compared-to-google-microsoft/>

*Apple's R&D spending hits bottom as percentage of revenue*
<https://www.zdnet.com/article/apples-r-d-spending-hits-bottom-as-percentage-of-revenue/>
--
Alan Baker, Alan Browne, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Savageduck, Wade Garrett, Wolffan, Your Name,
et al. all all ignorant that Apple is all MARKETING and almost no R&D.

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<190720211247300972%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17847&group=comp.mobile.android#17847

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 12:47:30 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 16:47 UTC

In article <sd4a47$1d3f$1@gioia.aioe.org>, paul <nospam@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

> The articles said that 'arlen'/'paul'/etc. is ignorant.

ftfy

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<sd4all$1lrg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17848&group=comp.mobile.android#17848

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 18:53:22 +0200
 by: paul - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 16:53 UTC

nospam wrote on 19.07.2021 18:36
>> All these Apple haters are driven purely by bullshit
>
> ftfy

Apologists turn every thread into their own personal kindergarten cesspool
when they are confronted with facts they happen not to like about Apple.

Which was essentially the very point of those articles badgolferman cited.
--
Alan Baker, Alan Browne, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Savageduck, Wade Garrett, Wolffan, Your Name,
et al. are cultists whose belief systems are driven purely by MARKETING.

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<sd4asi$1orc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17849&group=comp.mobile.android#17849

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 18:57:03 +0200
 by: paul - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 16:57 UTC

nospam wrote on 19.07.2021 18:47
>> The articles said that 'arlen'/'paul'/etc. is ignorant.
>
> ftfy

Adults notice apologists do _exactly_ what the articles said they would.

Notice _everything_ I claimed was well cited & reported in the news as fact.
Notice nospam brazenly refutes all facts he doesn't like - sans any cites.

Apologists own no adult response to facts they hate about Apple products.
That's why apologists turn all factual threads into a kindergarten cesspool.
--
Alan Baker, Alan Browne, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Savageduck, Wade Garrett, Wolffan, Your Name,
et al. own absolutely no adult response to facts they hate about Apple.

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<190720211401308292%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17850&group=comp.mobile.android#17850

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 14:01:30 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 18:01 UTC

In article <sd4all$1lrg$1@gioia.aioe.org>, paul <nospam@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

> I turn every thread into my own personal kindergarten cesspool
> when I am confronted with facts I happen not to like about anything.

ftfy

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<sd4l24$lff$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17854&group=comp.mobile.android#17854

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 21:50:40 +0200
 by: paul - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 19:50 UTC

Lewis wrote on 19.07.2021 17:34
> On the other hand, Android security is so shitty that you can't even
> tell that you have been infected and targeted by a government level
> actor.

*Notice all apologists say _EXACTLY_ what badgolferman's cite predicts!*

"The next knock on Android that I've heard repeatedly is that it is not a
secure platform and that if you really care about privacy, you should
avoid it at all costs. But, as my colleague, Alex Dobie recently wrote,
that's a bunch of B.S. Some of the most secure phones you can buy run
Android, including Google's Pixels and Samsung's Galaxy devices."
<https://www.androidcentral.com/i-wish-my-apple-friends-would-stop-android-shaming-me>

What's consistent isn't so much how predictably ignorant apologists are, but
how _confident_ they are in their supreme ignorance.

Apologists are the epitome of the "Ignorati" outlined in this comedy:
*Brawndo! It just works!*
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAqIJZeeXEc>
--
Alan Baker, Alan Browne, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Savageduck, Wade Garrett, Wolffan, Your Name,
et al. are all incredibly ignorant cultists - much like Trumpists are.

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<sd4lf7$r4e$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17855&group=comp.mobile.android#17855

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 21:57:39 +0200
 by: paul - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 19:57 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote on 19.07.2021 21:51
> the last link you posted about iPhone owners supposedly "mocking Android users"
> for sending SMS messages to them is nothing more than a blatant
> clickbait troll hit piece. The fact is iPhone users prefer iMessage
> over SMS/MMS because SMS/MMS is extremely insecure

*Notice Jolly Roger says _exactly_ what the article claimed he would say!*

"Google Messages... supports end to end encryption between Messages
users (much like iOS), and you can use it in any web browser or
Chromebook. I've even been fairly successful in convincing most of my
friends and family to use an alternative messaging platform like Signal
or Telegram, so that iMessage doesn't lock me out of their circles."

"The next knock on Android that I've heard repeatedly is that it is not a
secure platform and that if you really care about privacy, you should
avoid it at all costs. But, as my colleague, Alex Dobie recently wrote,
that's a bunch of B.S. Some of the most secure phones you can buy run
Android, including Google's Pixels and Samsung's Galaxy devices."
<https://www.androidcentral.com/i-wish-my-apple-friends-would-stop-android-shaming-me>

What's consistent isn't so much how predictably ignorant apologists are, but
how _confident_ they are in their supreme ignorance which is fed to them...
by Apple.

Fancy that.

Apple feeds them everything they believe.
Just like with Trump supporters.

There is no difference.

Apologists are the epitome of the ignorati outlined in this comedy:
*Brawndo! It just works!*
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAqIJZeeXEc>
--
Alan Baker, Alan Browne, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Savageduck, Wade Garrett, Wolffan, Your Name,
et al. are all incredibly ignorant cultists - much like Trumpists are.

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<HqGJI.5270$gE.342@fx21.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17874&group=comp.mobile.android#17874

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 16:33:43 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 20:33 UTC

On 2021-07-19 12:29, paul wrote:
> Alan Browne wrote on 19.07.2021 16:31
>> Nobody comes close to the 'whole' product integration of Apple.
>
> *Alan Browne said _exactly_ what badgolferman's article said he would say*
>
> All these Apple cultists are driven purely by bullshit MARKETING claims!
>
> The article said these ignorant people would say EXACTLY what Allen just
> said, which is easily proven to be based on their pure ignorance of fact.

My point was driven by 2 Macs (home + work), an iPhone and an iPad.

The integration across them via iCloud is very seamless, smooth and fast.

Nothing at all like this in the Windows world, never mind Linux.

(And I use Windows and Linux too...)

--
"...there are many humorous things in this world; among them the white
man's notion that he is less savage than the other savages."
-Samuel Clemens

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<sd7f08$qar$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17877&group=comp.mobile.android#17877

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 23:25:41 +0200
 by: paul - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 21:25 UTC

Alan Browne wrote on 20.07.2021 15:33
> My point was driven by 2 Macs (home + work), an iPhone and an iPad.

The iPhone integrates well inside the walled garden.

> The integration across them via iCloud is very seamless, smooth and fast.

Hmmmmm.... iCloud.

I would never consider needing to use the Internet to transfer private data
between two devices only six feet away from each other to be "integration."

But even if I did, don't you think Google makes integration with their cloud
solution pretty tight also? And to more devices than just Google devices?

> Nothing at all like this in the Windows world, never mind Linux.

Notice you're saying exactly what the articles said you would say.
I think I know _why_ you say that (but I don't think _you_ know why).

> (And I use Windows and Linux too...)

I don't think you understand why you think the way you think.
But I do understand why the article said you would think that way.

1. Did you ever plug an Android phone into Windows over USB?
2. Did you ever plug an iPhone into Windows over USB?

What's the difference?

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<sd7f4l$ski$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17878&group=comp.mobile.android#17878

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 14:27:48 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 21:27 UTC

On 2021-07-20 2:25 p.m., paul wrote:
> Alan Browne wrote on 20.07.2021 15:33
>> My point was driven by 2 Macs (home + work), an iPhone and an iPad.
>
> The iPhone integrates well inside the walled garden.
>
>> The integration across them via iCloud is very seamless, smooth and fast.
>
> Hmmmmm.... iCloud.
>
> I would never consider needing to use the Internet to transfer private data
> between two devices only six feet away from each other to be "integration."
>
> But even if I did, don't you think Google makes integration with their cloud
> solution pretty tight also? And to more devices than just Google devices?
>
>> Nothing at all like this in the Windows world, never mind Linux.
>
> Notice you're saying exactly what the articles said you would say.
> I think I know _why_ you say that (but I don't think _you_ know why).
>
>> (And I use Windows and Linux too...)
>
> I don't think you understand why you think the way you think.
> But I do understand why the article said you would think that way.
>
> 1. Did you ever plug an Android phone into Windows over USB?
> 2. Did you ever plug an iPhone into Windows over USB?
>
> What's the difference?

You don't need to plug an iPhone into Windows to synchronize contacts,
calendars, etc.

How about that?

Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users

<sd7ikh$22u30$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17886&group=comp.mobile.android#17886

From: all...@spam.com (allen)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 14:27:42 -0800
 by: allen - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 22:27 UTC

On Tuesday, July 20, 2021 at 11:27:48 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
>> 1. Did you ever plug an Android phone into Windows over USB?
>> 2. Did you ever plug an iPhone into Windows over USB?
>>
>> What's the difference?
>
> You don't need to plug an iPhone into Windows to synchronize contacts,
> calendars, etc.

How is an iphone icloud copy any different from synchronizing contacts &
calendars with an android phone into windows using google's gcloud copy?

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: iPhone owners keep mocking Android users