Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Looking for a cable
From: lonelyda...@gmail.com (MajorLanGod)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 17:58:19 GMT
 by: MajorLanGod - Thu, 22 Jul 2021 17:58 UTC

I recently purchased a MyGica OTA TV receiver. I got the USB-C version
since that is the port my tablet uses. I noticed the (understandbly) that
it uses sigificant battery power when in use. What I would like is a Y
cable so that I could use the receiver while also plugged into a power
source. My ideal would be one USB-C connector and one USB 3 micro
connector. I could live with two USB-C connectors - I would just need to
get an additional USB 3 micro female to USB-C male cable.

I guess my question is have any of you done anything with Y cables like
this? So far all the options I have found are either one full USB-C
connector and one USB-C audio connector, one USB-C and one micro USB, or
two USB-c audio.

Re: Looking for a cable

<a8qoshx626.ln2@minas-tirith.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17935&group=comp.mobile.android#17935

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Looking for a cable
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 20:33:14 +0200
 by: Carlos E. R. - Thu, 22 Jul 2021 18:33 UTC

On 22/07/2021 19.58, MajorLanGod wrote:
> I recently purchased a MyGica OTA TV receiver. I got the USB-C version
> since that is the port my tablet uses. I noticed the (understandbly) that
> it uses sigificant battery power when in use. What I would like is a Y
> cable so that I could use the receiver while also plugged into a power
> source. My ideal would be one USB-C connector and one USB 3 micro
> connector. I could live with two USB-C connectors - I would just need to
> get an additional USB 3 micro female to USB-C male cable.
>
> I guess my question is have any of you done anything with Y cables like
> this? So far all the options I have found are either one full USB-C
> connector and one USB-C audio connector, one USB-C and one micro USB, or
> two USB-c audio.

I have one cable that claims to do that. It has one male connector that
goes to the tablet, and 4 females connectors, one of them specific to
connect to the power adaptor. It has a small switch to change modes.

I connect one mouse to it, and the power adaptor, but in neither mode I
manage to power feed both the laptop and the mouse from the adaptor,
only the mouse. Like a powered USB hub.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Looking for a cable