From: erra...@nomail.afraid.org (FromTheRafters)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: MMS video <1MB
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 16:53:00 -0500
 by: FromTheRafters - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 21:53 UTC

What Android SMS/MMS app can send <1MB file sized video clips over MMS?

ChompSMS worked but I don't like the app even as ChompSMS is the only SMS
app yet that has a setting for the maximum size of a video to send over MMS.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.p1.chompsms

SMS Messenger has a "plus" button which brings up your default file manager
which can attach anything, but the recipients never received the <1MB video
that I sent them (but they did receive that same video from ChompSMS).
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.simplemobiletools.smsmessenger/

PulseSMS has a setting for the maximum image size of <1MB but PulseSMS
doesn't have any settings for the maximum video size, and worse, it shrinks
every video that I've attached to mere kilobytes so it too fails the test.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xyz.klinker.messenger

QKsms doesn't even have a button to upload anything, let alone video.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moez.QKSMS

If you send <1MB video over MMS on Android, what SMS/MMS app do you use?

Re: MMS video <1MB

<sdfju3$aqa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17952&group=comp.mobile.android#17952

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: MMS video <1MB
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 16:38:43 -0700
 by: sms - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 23:38 UTC

On 7/23/2021 2:53 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
> What Android SMS/MMS app can send <1MB file sized video clips over MMS?
>
> ChompSMS worked but I don't like the app even as ChompSMS is the only SMS
> app yet that has a setting for the maximum size of a video to send over
> MMS.
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.p1.chompsms

Note that even though you can set the maximum size in Chomp, Chomp can't
over-ride the carrier's MMS limit.

Re: MMS video <1MB

<sdfoq1$1ffl$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17953&group=comp.mobile.android#17953

From: erra...@nomail.afraid.org (FromTheRafters)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 20:02:07 -0500
 by: FromTheRafters - Sat, 24 Jul 2021 01:02 UTC

sms used his or her keyboard to write :
>> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.p1.chompsms
>
> Note that even though you can set the maximum size in Chomp, Chomp can't
> over-ride the carrier's MMS limit.

Question is whether that carrier size limit is the binary video file size or
the final size of the MMS.

I'm told each message has a header and the binary data will be MIME encoded.

If it is the final MMS size that matters, then the video must be much
smaller than 1 MByte. It has been said the tipping point could be as bad as
somewhere between 700 kByte and 750 kByte for most video files.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: MMS video <1MB