"Mr. Watson, come here, I want you." -- Alexander Graham Bell

tech / rec.audio.pro / Re: final coyote audio posting Feb 11

SubjectAuthor
* MAX9814 based electret mic amp with AGC?Jake T
`* final coyote audio posting Feb 11Jake T
 +* Re: final coyote audio posting Feb 11geoff
 |`- Re: final coyote audio posting Feb 11Jake T
 `- Re: final coyote audio posting Feb 11Nomen Nescio

1
MAX9814 based electret mic amp with AGC?

<sts5th$vlc$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1587&group=rec.audio.pro#1587

From: jaketb...@steak.com (Jake T)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Subject: MAX9814 based electret mic amp with AGC?
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 17:19:28 -0500
 by: Jake T - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 22:19 UTC

https://tinyurl.com/2p832hr6

I recently picked up one of these for my home outdoor monitor I use to
listen for coyote activity. Generally, if I hear them at home and their
amplitude is strong enough, I go and retrieve the recorder as I am
confident that the sample was good. The way I have it configured now is
as a modulation booster for a 170 Mhz wireless lapel FM microphone.
Even with minimal gain setting (40 dB), the amount of pick up of the
outdoors is more than sufficient.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried one with their audio set up? I'm
tempted to try using one for the Zoom via the 1/8" mic plug. This would
bypass Zoom's built in mics that I have been using, but the results with
this mic amp might be superior. Thoughts?

final coyote audio posting Feb 11

<su5rr0$l4s$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1589&group=rec.audio.pro#1589

From: jaketb...@steak.com (Jake T)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Subject: final coyote audio posting Feb 11
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 09:28:48 -0500
 by: Jake T - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 14:28 UTC

I've reached a plateau with my coyote audio captures, so this will be
the final posting. With the warmer weather lately, they have been more
vocal, but, knowing February like I do, I know this brief warmth won't
last. I personally hate cold weather. Here's the capture from last night:

http://sndup.net/w555

Thanks again for all the wonderful tips and discussion here, much
appreciated.

Jake T

Re: final coyote audio posting Feb 11

<5KqdneYmtuQMfpv_nZ2dnUU7-SHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1591&group=rec.audio.pro#1591

Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 11:30:34 +1300
Subject: Re: final coyote audio posting Feb 11
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 22:30 UTC

On 12/02/2022 3:28 am, Jake T wrote:
> I've reached a plateau with my coyote audio captures, so this will be
> the final posting.  With the warmer weather lately, they have been more
> vocal, but, knowing February like I do, I know this brief warmth won't
> last.  I personally hate cold weather.  Here's the capture from last night:
>
>  http://sndup.net/w555
>
> Thanks again for all the wonderful tips and discussion here, much
> appreciated.
>
> Jake T

Phew. Kind of over coyotes. But in did engender more discussion that
more relevant topics. Something better than nothing. Or not.

Now maybe people will have some time or inclination to check out Get
Back and maybe make some comments on how the resultant album(s) came to
be with such an apparently chaotic recording scenario.

geoff

Re: final coyote audio posting Feb 11

<su87eo$r7h$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1592&group=rec.audio.pro#1592

From: jaketb...@steak.com (Jake T)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 06:59:19 -0500
 by: Jake T - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 11:59 UTC

On 2/11/22 17:30, geoff wrote:
> On 12/02/2022 3:28 am, Jake T wrote:
>> I've reached a plateau with my coyote audio captures, so this will be
>> the final posting.  With the warmer weather lately, they have been
>> more vocal, but, knowing February like I do, I know this brief warmth
>> won't last.  I personally hate cold weather.  Here's the capture from
>> last night:
>>
>>   http://sndup.net/w555
>>
>> Thanks again for all the wonderful tips and discussion here, much
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Jake T
>

> Phew. Kind of over coyotes. But in did engender more discussion that
> more relevant topics. Something better than nothing. Or not.
>
> Now maybe people will have some time or inclination to check out Get
> Back and maybe make some comments on how the resultant album(s) came to
> be with such an apparently chaotic recording scenario.
>
> geoff
Yes, that's why I posted the files, maybe to give some idea of homemade
deadcat performance and the Zoom H2, used for all captures. I may
experiment with the little amp board I recently picked up based on the
MAX9814 IC. I'm am surprised how well it is performing as a home
outdoor audio monitor. I find with the Chinese components that it's hit
or miss.... sometimes you get something workable and worthwhile, other
times not.

Re: final coyote audio posting Feb 11

<442550ae272aafb29ca7abfc2811e23b@dizum.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1801&group=rec.audio.pro#1801

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 11:08:14 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 09:08 UTC

In article <su5rr0$l4s$1@dont-email.me>
Jake T <jaketbone@steak.com> wrote:

> I've reached a plateau with my coyote audio captures, so this will be
> the final posting. With the warmer weather lately, they have been more
> vocal, but, knowing February like I do, I know this brief warmth won't
> last. I personally hate cold weather. Here's the capture from last night:
>
> http://sndup.net/w555
>
> Thanks again for all the wonderful tips and discussion here, much
> appreciated.

Are you putting these audio files in the public domain so others
can use them, or are you keeping a copyright on them?