There are always alternatives. -- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3

computers / comp.mobile.android / All Three U.S. National Carriers Adopt RCS as the Replacement for SMS. Unfortunately RCS is [so far] only available on Android Device

SubjectAuthor
* All Three U.S. National Carriers Adopt RCS as the Replacement forsms
+* Re: All Three U.S. National Carriers Adopt RCS as the Replacement for SMS. Unfornospam

1
All Three U.S. National Carriers Adopt RCS as the Replacement for SMS. Unfortunately RCS is [so far] only available on Android Device

<se3sj5$umm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18103&group=comp.mobile.android#18103

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: All Three U.S. National Carriers Adopt RCS as the Replacement for
SMS. Unfortunately RCS is [so far] only available on Android Device
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 09:09:09 -0700
 by: sms - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 16:09 UTC

The three U.S. national carriers have adopted RCS as a cross-platform
messaging technology, and indeed RCS is being adopted worldwide. But so
far, RCS only works on Android devices, Apple has not yet integrated RCS
support into the iPhone.

As one article noted "Apple is holding back messaging progress across
the entire world with iMessage." Even though there is SMS fallback, SMS
is much less secure than RCS and lacks the features possible with RCS.

"Even if we can't get iMessage on Android, Apple's failure to support
RCS messaging and the Universal Profile standards isn't just holding
back messaging efforts worldwide, it's also standing in the way of its
own customers' privacy now that Google is committed to supporting
end-to-end encryption for the standard."

It's a marketing conundrum for Apple. They don't want to lessen the use
of iMessage, which is one driver of iPhone sales and they don't want to
release iMessage for use on other platforms, though they are at least
supposed to offer partial iMessage support on Android
<https://www.tomsguide.com/news/imessage-reportedly-coming-to-android-but-theres-a-catch>.
On the other hand, the lack of RCS could have a negative effect on
iPhone sales once users understand the advantages of RCS.

Hopefully iOS 15 will include RCS. It's on a list of desired features,
see <https://www.imore.com/8-things-i-want-see-ios-15>

26 iOS Features Some of Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had
101 Android Features Some of Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had

<https://tinyurl.com/fzje7h9e> or
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JznrWfGJDA8CYVfjSnPTwfVy8-gAC0kPyaApuJTcUNE>

37 Pages of Extensively Referenced Information with Hundreds of
Citations

✓ 100% Fact Checked ✓

Re: All Three U.S. National Carriers Adopt RCS as the Replacement for SMS. Unfortunately RCS is [so far] only available on Android Device

<310720211228312619%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18104&group=comp.mobile.android#18104

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: All Three U.S. National Carriers Adopt RCS as the Replacement for SMS. Unfortunately RCS is [so far] only available on Android Device
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 12:28:31 -0400
 by: nospam - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 16:28 UTC

In article <se3sj5$umm$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> "Even if we can't get iMessage on Android, Apple's failure to support
> RCS messaging and the Universal Profile standards isn't just holding
> back messaging efforts worldwide,

no it isn't.

> it's also standing in the way of its
> own customers' privacy now that Google is committed to supporting
> end-to-end encryption for the standard."

encryption is something google added and not part of rcs which means
it's not compatible with non-android devices.

that means that even if apple did adopt rcs, it would not work.

the usual suspects are trying to spin this anti-apple, when its clear
as can be that it's an attempt at android lock-in and for google to
hold back messaging worldwide.

> It's a marketing conundrum for Apple.

nope. not in the least.

> They don't want to lessen the use
> of iMessage, which is one driver of iPhone sales and they don't want to
> release iMessage for use on other platforms, though they are at least
> supposed to offer partial iMessage support on Android
>
> <https://www.tomsguide.com/news/imessage-reportedly-coming-to-android-but-ther
> es-a-catch>.

that's not anything apple is doing. that's a third party hack.

> On the other hand, the lack of RCS could have a negative effect on
> iPhone sales once users understand the advantages of RCS.

none whatsoever. iphone sales continue to climb.

> Hopefully iOS 15 will include RCS. It's on a list of desired features,

it won't.

hopefully you'll stop trolling, but that too isn't going to happen.

Re: All Three U.S. National Carriers Adopt RCS as the Replacement for SMS. Unfortunately RCS is [so far] only available on Android Device

<se45ce$e3a$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18111&group=comp.mobile.android#18111

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 20:39:26 +0200
 by: paul - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 18:39 UTC

sms wrote on 31.07.2021 18:09
> They don't want to lessen the use
> of iMessage, which is one driver of iPhone sales

I agree iMessage (& Facetime) are a _huge_ driver of Apple iPhone sales
(and Apple execs agree with both of us, based on their emails in court).

In fact, when I ask iPhone users while waiting on lines why they use it,
many tell me that iMessage and Facetime work beautifully for them.

They don't mention that these only work beautifully within the walled garden
though, but that's the business conundrum for Apple which you speak of.

Bear in mind we discussed this in detail since Apple high level executives'
emails were shown in court which said essentially exactly that.

nospam wrote on 31.07.2021 18:28
>> Hopefully iOS 15 will include RCS. It's on a list of desired features,
> it won't.

Apple's own high level management team said it was, nospam.
(We covered their exact words in the recent lawsuit disclosures, in fact.)

Did you already forget Apple management said this before you denied it?

*What do you know that makes you so sure Apple's executives are wrong?*
--
Alan Baker, Bob Campbell, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Savageduck, Wade Garrett, Wolffan, Your Name,

Re: All Three U.S. National Carriers Adopt RCS as the Replacement for SMS. Unfortunately RCS is [so far] only available on Android Device

<se45eh$f2i$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18112&group=comp.mobile.android#18112

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 20:40:32 +0200
 by: paul - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 18:40 UTC

nospam wrote on 31.07.2021 18:28
>> Hopefully iOS 15 will include RCS. It's on a list of desired features,
>
> it won't.

Did you already forget Apple management said this before you denied it?
*What do you know that makes you so sure Apple's executives are wrong?*
--
Alan Baker, Bob Campbell, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Savageduck, Wade Garrett, Wolffan, Your Name,
et al., all conveniently forget all facts which go against their beliefs.

Re: All Three U.S. National Carriers Adopt RCS as the Replacement for SMS. Unfortunately RCS is [so far] only available on Android Device

<se45jn$gtd$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18113&group=comp.mobile.android#18113

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 20:43:18 +0200
 by: paul - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 18:43 UTC

paul wrote on 31.07.2021 20:40
> Did you already forget Apple management said this before you denied it?
> *What do you know that makes you so sure Apple's executives are wrong?*

Ooooooooops.. That reply was in response to nospam claiming Apple's business
strategy of locking people (particularly parents of children with iPhones)
into the walled garden using iMessage as a critical walled garden app wasn't
what Apple's own executive team _said_ it was (in publicly available emails
which came out of the recent and currently ongoing monopoly court case).