The life of a repo man is always intense.

interests / sci.anthropology.paleo / Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phase

SubjectAuthor
* Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phasePrimum Sapienti
+- Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phaseJTEM is so reasonable
+* Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phasePrimum Sapienti
|`- Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phaseJTEM is so reasonable
`* Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phasePrimum Sapienti
 `* Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phasePrimum Sapienti
  +- Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phaseJTEM is so reasonable
  +- Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phasePrimum Sapienti
  `* Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phasePrimum Sapienti
   `- Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phaseJTEM is so reasonable

1
Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phase

<ulopml$3d05j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18160&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18160

From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phase
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 23:43:30 -0700
 by: Primum Sapienti - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 06:43 UTC

https://nat.au.dk/en/about-the-faculty/news/show/artikel/climate-played-a-crucial-role-in-human-migration-from-africa

A green corridor through the Sahara emerged
precisely during the period when our earliest
ancestors migrated from Africa. This is shown
by new research from Aarhus University.

About 2.1 million years ago, the first humans -
Homo erectus - migrated from Africa. The journey
went through northeastern Africa and the Middle
East – areas that are mainly covered by desert
today – and onwards to Europe and Asia.

For a long time, researchers have speculated on
how Homo erectus could cross the dry and
merciless desert, where there was neither food,
water nor shade.

New research from Aarhus University now suggests
that Homo erectus may not have walked through
the desert when they left Africa, explains Rachel
Lupien, who is one of the researchers behind the
new results.
Our results show that the Sahara, precisely in
the period when the first Homo erectus migrated,
was greener than at any other time in the 4.5
million year period we studied. They were
therefore most likely able to walk through a
green corridor out of Africa.

Low-frequency orbital variations controlled
climatic and environmental cycles, amplitudes,
and trends in northeast Africa during the
Plio-Pleistocene

Abstract
The eastern Mediterranean sapropels, paced by
insolation, provide a unique archive of
African monsoon strength over the Late
Neogene. However, the longer-term climate of
this region lacks characterization within the
context of changes in ice volume, sea surface
temperature gradients, and terrestrial
ecosystems. Here, we examine C28 n-alkanoic
acid leaf wax hydrogen and carbon isotopes in
sapropels, sourced from northeast Africa,
along with vegetation-corrected precipitation
isotopes, derived from astronomically dated
sediment cores from ODP 160 Sites 966 and 967
since 4.5 million years ago. Despite sampling
only wet-phase sapropels for African monsoon
variability, we find a larger range in
hydrogen isotopes than previously published
data across wet-dry precession cycles,
indicating the importance of long-term
modulation of Green Sahara phases throughout
the Neogene. An influence of orbital
properties on regional monsoonal
hydroclimate is observed, controlling up to
50% of total hydrogen isotope variance, but
large changes outside of these typical
frequencies account for at least 50% of the
total variance. This secular trend may
track changes in ice volume, tropical sea
surface temperature, sea surface temperature
gradients, or even lower-frequency orbital
cycles. Long-term hydroclimate and
environmental shifts provide new contexts
for milestone events in northeast African
hominin dispersal and evolution.

Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phase

<c8319ef1-4d0c-415a-8fba-c2d1588b29b0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18164&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18164

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 12:20:58 -0800 (PST)
From: jte...@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 20:20 UTC

Marc Verhaegen wrote:
> Op maandag 18 december 2023 om 07:43:35 UTC+1 schreef iemand
> > https://nat.au.dk/en/about-the-faculty/news/show/artikel/climate-played-a-crucial-role-in-human-migration-from-africa
> > A green corridor through the Sahara emerged
> > precisely during the period when our earliest
> > ancestors migrated from Africa. This is shown
> > by new research from Aarhus University.

> :-DDD
> Ridiculous just-so fantasy!

It's not merely ridiculous, it's deranged!

To pretend this "Corridor" went from west to east is to pretend
that Homo emerged in northwest Africa. So pretend this
"Corridor" is a south to north route is to pretend that Homo
swam to Europe and the Levant.

It's utterly deranged. It's the typical insistence, by Out of Africa
purists, to view data point is strict isolation, avoid the "Big
Picture" or a discernible model.

Disarticulated claims is the best this mouth breathers can
offer...

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/737090689209368576

Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phase

<um5shr$1v5mc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18166&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18166

From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 22:51:52 -0700
 by: Primum Sapienti - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 05:51 UTC

JTEM is so reasonable wrote:

> They crossed at the horn of Africa. When they had to.
>
> Clearly our ancestors were already in Asia more than 3 million
> years ago, as demonstrated by the retrovirus data.

Despite no fossils there and our closest genetic relatives
and related fossils being in Africa...

> The Sahara as we know it came into existence about 5k years
> ago, roughly the same time as The Great Barrier Reef -- climate
> optimum.

5kya has what to do with conditions at a couple
million years ago?

> We find what is sometimes described as "Proto erectus" in
> Eurasia -- Homo georgicus.
>
> Erectus wasn't in Africa 2.1 million years ago. There is a claim
> but that claim is self refuting.

georgicus is relatively the same age or younger
than erectus...

More facts for you (hurry and delete them so they
don't put yhou in a tizzy trying to refute them)

Recent erectus find:

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.aaw7293

Contemporaneity of Australopithecus, Paranthropus,
and early Homo erectus in South Africa

"The DNH 134 cranium shares clear affinities with
Homo erectus, whereas the DNH 152 cranium represents
P. robustus. Stratigraphic analysis of the Drimolen
Main Quarry deposits indicates that unlike many
other South African sites, there was only one major
phase of relatively short deposition between ~2.04
million years ago and ~1.95 million years ago. ...
The DNH 134 cranium shares affinities with H.
erectus and predates all known specimens in that
species."

"The DNH 134 Homo cranium has affinities with H.
erectus and extends the species’ temporal range
by ~200,000 to 150,000 years. DNH 134 being older
than A. sediba complicates the likelihood of this
species being ancestral to Homo in South Africa,
as previously suggested. With the oldest occurrence
of H. erectus at the southern tip of Africa, this
argues against a suggested Asian origin for H.
erectus."

"We interpret the occurrence of Homo aff. erectus
at this time in South Africa, and soon after at
Dmanisi (73), as evidence for a major range
expansion of this species (covering at least 8000
km) both out of and within Africa around 2.0 to
1.8 Ma ago."

And from the study on the green Sahara pathway:

Low-frequency orbital variations controlled
climatic and environmental cycles, amplitudes,
and trends in northeast Africa during the
Plio-Pleistocene

"We find that there were many periods of more woody
Green Sahara intervals, including a particularly
woody vegetation (over 50% C3) interval at ~2.2 Ma
in the Nile River catchment (Fig. 2a), generally
coinciding with the first dispersal out of Africa. A
large, vegetated area connecting east and northern
Africa may have triggered a pull-type response in
hominins that were now able to survive using larger
cranial capacity79 and move in the lush, ecologically
connected, region of northeastern Africa."

There is no reason at all why hominids didn't take
the NE route. Try looking at a map, Dmanisi is closer
that way than going through Saudia Arabia.

Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phase

<um5sqa$1v5mc$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18168&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18168

From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 22:56:26 -0700
 by: Primum Sapienti - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 05:56 UTC

<5c37b3d3-75e3-44e9-b3a5-edf29fb6719cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18169&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18169

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 23:23:10 -0800 (PST)
From: jte...@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 07:23 UTC

Primum Sapienti wrote:

> Despite no fossils

The oldest Chimp fossils are like 0.5 million years -- significantly
younger than erectus. Are you now claiming that Chimps didn't
exist until half a million years ago, or are you proving my point
about you mouth breathers viewing all your so called "Evidence"
in isolation?

It's idiotic. And tiresome, the way you trolls do this. If you're
honestly THIS stupid, THIS close minded, THIS dogmatic then
just go ahead and admit that Out of Africa purity is a religion
for you, and to hell with science and facts.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/737479295653527552

Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phase

<umllag$o12q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18187&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18187

From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 22:26:38 -0700
 by: Primum Sapienti - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 05:26 UTC

some aquatic fool wrote:
> some savanna fool:
>> Despite no fossils there and our closest genetic relatives
>> and related fossils being in Africa...
>
> :-DDD
> How can one be soooo stupid??

How can you leave out habilis, rudolfensis, ergaster, etc
all in Africa?

None of the following is relevant, it's just more of
your copy and paste.

> 1) Fossils:
> independent indications: Indonesian H.erectus were semi-aquatic
early-Pleist., e.g.
> • Archaic Homo's tooth-wear was caused by "sand & oral processing of
marine mollusks" Towle cs 2022
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajpa.24500
> • H.erectus s.s. in coastal sediments, e.g. Mojokerto barnacles +
corals, Trinil Pseudodon + Elongaria (edible shellfish), Sangiran-17
"brackish marsh near the coast".
Joordens cs 2015 Nature 518:228–231 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25470048/
irrigation https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5696936/
> • Pachy-osteo-sclerosis = slow+shallow-diving tetrapods (de Buffrénil cs
2010 J.Mamm.Evol.17:101-120), e.g. erectus’ parietal bone is 2x as thick as
in gorillas.
> • Brain size in erectus (2x apes/australopiths) is facilitated by
aquatic foods, e.g. DHA docosahexaenoic acid in shellfish… cf. Odontocetes,
Pinnipedia, Enhydra.
> • Platycephaly in erectus/neand.: long, flat, dorsally-shifted
brain-skull = hydrodynamic, google GondwanaTalks Verhaegen English
https://www.academia.edu/36193382/Coastal_Dispersal_of_Pleistocene_Homo_2018
> • Homo’s stone tool use & dexterity is typical for molluscivores, e.g.
sea-otters

> 2) Australopiths were fossil relatives of Gorilla or Pan, of course, not
of us, e.g.
> M Vaneechoutte cs 2023 Nature Anthrop.1,10007
> “Have we been barking up the wrong ancestral tree? Australopithecines
are probably not our ancestors”
> open access https://www.sciepublish.com/article/pii/94
> "... australopithecines are not transitional between a semi-erect
ancestor & upright bipedal humans,
> but to the contrary, are intermediate between a more upright ancestor &
extant semi-erect African apes."

> 3) Our Pliocene ancestors were NOT even in Africa!
> -- Yohn CT cs 2005 PLoS Biol.3:1-11:
> "Lineage-Specific Expansions of Retroviral Insertions within the Genome":
> "ancestral chimpanzee & gorilla spp were infected independently &
contemporaneously by an exogenous source of gamma-RV 3–4 Ma ...
> human & orangutan populations show no molecular vestiges of this infection"!
> -- In fact, we knew this for almost half a century:
> Benveniste RE & Todaro GJ 1976 Nature 261:101:
> "Evolution of type C viral genes: evidence for an Asian origin of man":
> "A comparison of the viral gene sequences ... distinguishes those OWMs &
apes that have evolved in Africa from those that have evolved in Asia.
> Among the apes, only gorilla & chimpanzee seem by these criteria to be
African,
> gibbon, orang-utan & man are identified as Asian:
> most of man's evolution has occurred outside Africa."
>
> 4) Asian Pleistocene Homo dispersed intercontinentally (Europe & Africa)
simply following coasts->rivers.

> 5) Many so-called "Homo" fossils (e.g. "naledi", "habilis") were
australopiths, not Homo, google e.g.

https://www.academia.edu/32076554/Anthropocentric_anthropology_Homo_or_Australopithecus_naledi

> Concl.:
> only incredible idiots still believe their ancestors ran after
antelopes... :-DDD

Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phase

<8e0151c8-712f-459f-94c9-453880b69fe0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18190&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18190

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 23:54:27 -0800 (PST)
From: jte...@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 07:54 UTC

Primum Sapienti wrote:

> How can you leave out habilis, rudolfensis, ergaster, etc
> all in Africa?

Lol! You need to pretend these distinction are written in
stone, perfectly settled; we know everything!

You being clinically retarded, you can't recall much less
address arguments. You can only deny their existence,
let alone retain any memory...

Aquatic Ape exploited the sea. Groups periodically pushed
inland, following freshwater outlets and/or wandering into
transitional wetlands. Once inland they adapted, eventually
radiating out. This was not a one-off deal. It's something
that had been happening from the very beginning, and
continued at least into the founding of the Americas -- where
waterside groups pushed inland, adapted...

"Adapted" can be socially, technologically and it can even
be genetically -- evolution You being an idiot, you have no
idea what evolution is, describing Intelligent Design and
claiming that you're talking about evolution...

Evolution would have been moderated though. Interactions,
of course, with various groups remaining co fertile. But
eventually even the more interactive populations are going to
split.

Google: Ring Species.

NOTE: It doesn't need to be a ring. The ring helps idiots
like you conceptualize the model, but it doesn't have to be
a ring.

So there were events that had to heavily favor the waterside
group. Super volcanic eruptions, for example. We're talking
Yellowstone and Toba, bigger than any eruption seen during
the whole of the Holocene...

A major asteroid event would also drive waterside.

Such events favor waterside populations, and the closer to
the equator the better...

Another event would have been the retrovirus of roughly
3.7 million years ago. Devastate the inland African group and
the Eurasian waterside group evolves without pressure from
them...

All this results in something not at all dissimilar to our present
model, where western Europeans look different from east
Asians, and both look different from Africans...

Different races, different ethnicity even within races...

So things would have been just like today only turbocharged!

Distances were greater in the past. Quite literally. No roads,
no bridges... traveling by foot... far lower population
densities... population frequencies! Groups were MORE
isolated, not less. So imagine all our different ethnicities and
races, and then wall them off from each other so they don't
influence each others physical characteristics...

But this would have been during upheavals, like super
volcanoes and rampaging retroviruses. At all other times
evolution would have been moderated by the waterside
population.

Of course, the further you got from the point of contact --
with for Africa would have been the Horn of Africa region --
the less moderation is seen...

So the Doctor's model works VERY well in that regard! You
spread out from the Horn of Africa, get away from that
region and the next thing you know Gorillas and Chimps
are evolving!

Again: Ring Species. It's the exact concept only without
a ring, which was never necessary except to help morons
conceptualize the issues...

There. And I say all this knowing for a fact that you will
read almost none of this and understand even less.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/737988506051313664

Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phase

<un0a9f$2ijbj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18192&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18192

From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 23:25:50 -0700
 by: Primum Sapienti - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 06:25 UTC

Marc Verhaegen wrote:
> Some antelope runner:
>
>> How can you leave out habilis, rudolfensis, ergaster, etc
>> all in Africa?
>
> Who does leaves out what??? :-D

You do, ignoring all the other *African* hominid finds...

Re: Hominins left Africa during green Sahara phase

<un0ahr$2ijbj$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18195&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18195

From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 23:30:19 -0700
 by: Primum Sapienti - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 06:30 UTC

Marc Verhaegen wrote:

https://nat.au.dk/en/about-the-faculty/news/show/artikel/climate-played-a-crucial-role-in-human-migration-from-africa

> :-D These speculations are irrelevant & superfluous:
> Pliocene human ancestors were not even in Africa:

Recent erectus find north of Johannesburg in South
Africa, and well inland...

<88f09bf9-a300-47a8-84d8-5f0a000560b9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18199&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18199

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 11:19:39 -0800 (PST)
From: jte...@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 19:19 UTC

Primum Sapienti wrote:

> Recent erectus find north of Johannesburg in South
> Africa, and well inland...

It's not erectus.

It doesn't come close to passing The Duck Test.

It's found with other remains which are not erectus. It's a
juvenile, so there's tons of space for it to change before
reaching adulthood. Nobody saw an erectus. Nobody. It
took quite a while before an undergraduate said it was
most similar to an erectus, which doesn't mean what your
ignorance pretends it means.

Out of Africa purity is no more a science than is Biblical
Archaeology. And exactly like Biblical Archaeology, you
nutters interpret everything within the framework of your
beliefs. You START with your answer and then squeeze
whatever you find into it.

Like now. Like right now.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/730359491090169856