From: jbee...@invalid.net.invalid (Joy Beeson)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.misc
Subject: Only five crashes in three years
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 23:22:38 -0400
 by: Joy Beeson - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 03:22 UTC

Front-page story about new "stacking lane" to make up for forcing
parents to drive their children to school segues into traffic
infrastructure in general.

and wanted a "cross traffic does not stop" sign appended to the stop
sign beside his house, the Police Captain said that (quoting the
paper) "There's only been five crashes at the intersection in the last
three years, which is not bad at all."

Another intersection saw "only" six crashes in three years.

Crashing twice a year doesn't look very "only" to me.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Re: Only five crashes in three years

<tfh0hh$19adg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=190&group=rec.bicycles.misc#190

From: wNOSP...@gmail.org (pH)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.misc
Subject: Re: Only five crashes in three years
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 03:33:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pH - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 03:33 UTC

On 2022-09-09, Joy Beeson <jbeeson@invalid.net.invalid> wrote:

> Front-page story about new "stacking lane" to make up for forcing
> parents to drive their children to school segues into traffic
> infrastructure in general.

> and wanted a "cross traffic does not stop" sign appended to the stop
> sign beside his house, the Police Captain said that (quoting the
> paper) "There's only been five crashes at the intersection in the last
> three years, which is not bad at all."
>
> Another intersection saw "only" six crashes in three years.
>
> Crashing twice a year doesn't look very "only" to me.

Kind of adding to the list why I don't like living in "civilization". Sigh.

We live about 3.5 miles from town up a twisty, windy, 15mph road. Took a
long time to get used to the travel time at first but it's sure nice to out
in the quiet and dark at night.

ph in Aptos