From: Ancient-...@Heaven.Net (Robin Goodfellow)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Is there an iOS app similar to the Android WiFi Analyzer app?
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 14:48:35 +0000
 by: Robin Goodfellow - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 14:48 UTC

Bob Campbell <nunya@none.none> asked
> He asks - yet another - question about how to manually do some absurdly
> complicated method to accomplish something that is AS WE SPEAK being done
> automatically.

What you iOS users consider "absurdly complicated" is simply what millions
of Android users do daily, which is debug Wi-Fi & Cellular networks.

There are _many_ (free, ad free, open source) Android apps that are used for
Wi-Fi and cellular debugging, providing graphs of all Wi-Fi access points
(hidden or not, including those with the same SSID but different BSSIDs).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrem.wifianalyzer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=make.more.r2d2.cellular_z
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.manageengine.wifimonitor

Anything other game playing on your iPhone you consider "absurdely complex".
Lack of utilities is yet another proof *to own iOS is to own a crippled OS.*

> Because "freedom".

It's a capability to do intelligent things without being crippled by Apple.
You don't need it likely because you only play games on your toy iPhones.

*To own the toy iOS operating system is to own a crippled operating system.*

> Maybe he needs to write more "elaborate batch files".

He was simply trying to get iOS to do something simple, like delete a folder
where iOS can't even output an editable text file of all the apps installed.

There are many free ad free apps in the Android app store that output not
only all the installed apps into an editable text file and when you
installed them but also clickable links to all those installed apps, all in
that very same editable text file format so that you can do things with it.

Without adding a second computer, iOS can't even do something _that_ simple!
As always, *to own an iOS device is to own a crippled operating system*.

Re: Is there an iOS app similar to the Android WiFi Analyzer app?

<sgav0q$ro5$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=19585&group=comp.mobile.android#19585

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 11:06:01 -0400
 by: Alan Baker - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:06 UTC

On 2021-08-27 10:48 a.m., Robin Goodfellow wrote:
> Bob Campbell <nunya@none.none> asked
>> He asks - yet another - question about how to manually do some absurdly
>> complicated method to accomplish something that is AS WE SPEAK being done
>> automatically.
>
> What you iOS users consider "absurdly complicated" is simply what millions
> of Android users do daily, which is debug Wi-Fi & Cellular networks.

No. Millions do NOT do it "daily".

Re: Is there an iOS app similar to the Android WiFi Analyzer app?

<sgavs5$5j5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=19587&group=comp.mobile.android#19587

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 08:20:36 -0700
 by: sms - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:20 UTC

On 8/27/2021 7:48 AM, Robin Goodfellow wrote:
> Bob Campbell <nunya@none.none> asked
>> He asks - yet another - question about how to manually do some absurdly
>> complicated method to accomplish something that is AS WE SPEAK being done
>> automatically.
>
> What you iOS users consider "absurdly complicated" is simply what millions
> of Android users do daily, which is debug Wi-Fi & Cellular networks.

Sigh, why do trolls like "Bob Campbell" spend so much time making
themselves look foolish by actively demonstrating their lack of
knowledge on so many different subjects?

If someone doesn't understand anything about debugging Wi-Fi network
issues no one would think any worse of them if they didn't say anything.
But since they are so insistent that this functionality is not needed, I
think that they should write letters to Apple demanding that the Mac App
Store remove the highly-rated WiFi Explorer App since clearly no one
would ever need such an App, and so many people are paying $19.99 to
gain functionality that they obviously don't need but are willing to pay
for!

And kudos to "bje" for actually answering the original question! What a
concept! Instead of launching into mindless drivel he simply explained
where this functionality existed. I never would have found the Wi-Fi
scanner function, hidden inside the utility for Apple's old AirPort
network devices, otherwise.

Re: Is there an iOS app similar to the Android WiFi Analyzer app?

<270820211127526915%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=19589&group=comp.mobile.android#19589

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 11:27:52 -0400
 by: nospam - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:27 UTC

In article <sgavs5$5j5$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> I never would have found the Wi-Fi
> scanner function, hidden inside the utility for Apple's old AirPort
> network devices, otherwise.

a few seconds in a search engine would have found it.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Is there an iOS app similar to the Android WiFi Analyzer app?