Don't tell me how hard you work. Tell me how much you get done. -- James J. Ling

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe & confidential communication

SubjectAuthor
* German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe & confidential cNewsKrawler
+* Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe &Joerg Lorenz
> [...]
|| |   +- Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe &SilverSlimer
|| |   `* Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe & confidentiallspam
|| |    +- Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe &Alan Baker
|| |    `* Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe &SilverSlimer
|| |     `- Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe & confidentiknuttle
|| `- Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe & confidentiGronk
|+* Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safeLewis
||`* Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe & confidentiGronk
|`* Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe &Alan Browne
+* Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe &SilverSlimer
+- Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe & confidentin/a
+* Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe & confidentiJohn Doe
`* Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe &Alan Browne

Pages:123456789101112
Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe & confidential communication

<sg6udc$sle$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=19565&group=comp.mobile.android#19565

From: McKeis...@ipanywhere.com (Heron)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe & confidential communication
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 21:31:09 -0500
 by: Heron - Thu, 26 Aug 2021 02:31 UTC

On 8/24/2021 7:34 AM, Chris wrote:Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> asked
> Of course. Over EIGHT billion so far...
> https://www.reuters.com/technology/eu-court-rule-googles-28-bln-eu-antitrust-fine-nov-10-sources-2021-07-20/

You are so desperate to defend Apple's endless public lies that you equate
anti trust to open lying by Apple for which Apple admitted to the criminal
offense & paid the criminal fine to the French prosecutors.

You think they lose all these cases proving Apple lied using cheap lawyers?
*Apple's Top Lawyer Adams Earned Over $26 Million in 2020*
https://news.bloomberglaw.com/business-and-practice/apples-top-lawyer-adams-earned-over-26-million-in-2020

*Apple fined by French prosecutors for criminal acts on throttling*
https://www.jonesday.com/en/insights/2020/03/apple-settles-with-french-authorities-over-25-mill

Apple also paid for lying to the American prosecutors but they accepted a
deal which allowed Apple to not have to admit they openly lied to everyone.

*$113 Million Settlement Against Apple for _Misrepresenting_*
(aka lying about) *iPhone Batteries and Performance Throttling*
https://oag.ca.gov/news/press-releases/attorney-general-becerra-announces-113-million-multistate-settlement-against

> Microsoft historically has been fined the equivalent of many billions in
> today's money.

Are you so desperate to deflect Apple being fined for lying about throttling
to stoop so low as to claim that *Apple is no better than Microsoft*?

Why do you claim Apple has no free will when it comes to Apple always lying?

> Amazon almost a billion recently
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58024116

Are you so desperate to deflect that Apple was fined for lying about
throttling to stoop so low as to claim *It's Amazon is who made Apple lie*?

Why do you claim Apple has no free will when it comes to incessant lying?

>> Google's customer base would never be so stupid as to believe these lies.
>
> False.

You aren't able to see what everyone else sees which is that the Google or
Microsoft customer isn't as easily swayed by the soothing lies as Apple
customers are.

Apple customers are a breed born to be easily swayed by crafty advertising.
>> Apple's customer base is stupid - they eat up the lies as if they're truth.
> Your blinkered Apple-centric view blinds you from the fact that Apple is
> not unusual compared to the competition.

I wonder if you Apple cultists realize all your arguments prove you actually
know that Apple is no better in all ways than Microsoft, Google, or Amazon?

When Apple does something good you claim only Apple can do such a thing.
But every time Apple lies you claim Apple is no better than the competition.

Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe & confidential communication

<sg95ud$tc9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=19577&group=comp.mobile.android#19577

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe &
confidential communication
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 18:51:56 -0400
 by: Alan Baker - Thu, 26 Aug 2021 22:51 UTC

On 2021-08-25 10:31 p.m., Heron wrote:
> On 8/24/2021 7:34 AM, Chris wrote:Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> asked
>> Of course. Over EIGHT billion so far...
>> https://www.reuters.com/technology/eu-court-rule-googles-28-bln-eu-antitrust-fine-nov-10-sources-2021-07-20/
>>

> You are so desperate to defend Apple's endless public lies that you equate
> anti trust to open lying by Apple for which Apple admitted to the criminal
> offense & paid the criminal fine to the French prosecutors.
>
> You think they lose all these cases proving Apple lied using cheap lawyers?
> *Apple's Top Lawyer Adams Earned Over $26 Million in 2020*
> https://news.bloomberglaw.com/business-and-practice/apples-top-lawyer-adams-earned-over-26-million-in-2020
>

> *Apple fined by French prosecutors for criminal acts on throttling*
> https://www.jonesday.com/en/insights/2020/03/apple-settles-with-french-authorities-over-25-mill

Apple paid a fine... ...but criminality was never proven.

> Apple also paid for lying to the American prosecutors but they accepted a
> deal which allowed Apple to not have to admit they openly lied to everyone.
>
> *$113 Million Settlement Against Apple for _Misrepresenting_*
> (aka lying about) *iPhone Batteries and Performance Throttling*
> https://oag.ca.gov/news/press-releases/attorney-general-becerra-announces-113-million-multistate-settlement-against

Because settling was easier than fighting and made it go away faster.

>> Microsoft historically has been fined the equivalent of many billions in
>> today's money.
>
> Are you so desperate to deflect Apple being fined for lying about
> throttling
> to stoop so low as to claim that *Apple is no better than Microsoft*?
>
> Why do you claim Apple has no free will when it comes to Apple always
> lying?

What precisely is the lie you're claiming Apple told.

>> Amazon almost a billion recently
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58024116
>
> Are you so desperate to deflect that Apple was fined for lying about
> throttling to stoop so low as to claim *It's Amazon is who made Apple lie*?
>
> Why do you claim Apple has no free will when it comes to incessant lying?
>
>>> Google's customer base would never be so stupid as to believe these
>>> lies.
>>
>> False.
>
> You aren't able to see what everyone else sees which is that the Google or
> Microsoft customer isn't as easily swayed by the soothing lies as Apple
> customers are.
>
> Apple customers are a breed born to be easily swayed by crafty advertising.
>
>>> Apple's customer base is stupid - they eat up the lies as if they're
>>> truth.
>> Your blinkered Apple-centric view blinds you from the fact that Apple is
>> not unusual compared to the competition.
>
> I wonder if you Apple cultists realize all your arguments prove you
> actually
> know that Apple is no better in all ways than Microsoft, Google, or Amazon?
>
> When Apple does something good you claim only Apple can do such a thing.
> But every time Apple lies you claim Apple is no better than the
> competition.

Re: German parliament publicly accuses Tim Cook of undermining safe & confidential communication

<sgd28f$lcg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=19641&group=comp.mobile.android#19641

From: keith_nu...@sbcglobal.net (knuttle)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 06:13:34 -0400
References: <sfi36t$19pu$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sfi5oc$i7p$1@dont-email.me> <sfisfs$rm8$1@dont-email.me> <3ds1vh-8pk.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <sfqg1q$h2d$1@dont-email.me> <sfqt99$dbe$1@dont-email.me> <ror7vh-k6a.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <sfs256$tjd$1@dont-email.me> <sfvf7s$12hh$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sg0ng3$9ol$1@dont-email.me> <sg19uj$k23$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sg27dr$3ul$1@dont-email.me> <sg6udc$sle$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sg95ud$tc9$1@dont-email.me>
 by: knuttle - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:13 UTC

On 8/27/2021 12:51 AM, Alan Baker wrote:
Alan Baker <notonyourlife@no.no.no.no> asked
>> *Apple fined by French prosecutors for criminal acts on throttling*
>> https://www.jonesday.com/en/insights/2020/03/apple-settles-with-french-authorities-over-25-mill
>>

> Apple paid a fine... ...but criminality was never proven.

It's impossible to agree to pay the criminal fine without agreeing to the
criminal act (where even nolo contendere is a de-facto admission of guilt).

[1] Apple lied.
[2] Apple got caught lying.
[3] Apple paid the criminal fine for lying.

Move on.