From: GER...@BARLYMCGREW.COM (jimmy)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Subject: Monitor res problem
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 23:15:39 +0100
 by: jimmy - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 22:15 UTC

I use a samsung 40" tv as a monitor its connected from a nvidia gt660 by
hdmi

I just updated the driver and when it finished I was delighted to see that
it had somehow managed to cram my almost full desktop icons to half the size
of the screen. This was a few days ago.

It made me think I was using the wrong rez previously but a minute ago I
moved a facebook page over to my other tv to let my partner see a funny
video on fb and when I moved it back my icons were not only filling the
screen but were overflowing onto the 2nd monitor but my rez hadn't changed
it was still 1920x1080 on both monitors!

Any idea how I can get them back to only fill half the screen?

Win7

I am at max rez btw

Re: Monitor res problem

<JuKcnSM8mNrNmtv-nZ2dnZeNn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1967&group=rec.audio.pro#1967

Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 13:16:21 +1300
Subject: Re: Monitor res problem
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Wed, 12 Oct 2022 00:16 UTC

On 12/10/2022 11:15 am, jimmy wrote:
> I use a samsung 40" tv as a monitor its connected from a nvidia gt660 by
> hdmi
>
> I just updated the driver and when it finished I was delighted to see
> that it had somehow managed to cram my almost full desktop icons to half
> the size of the screen. This was a few days ago.
>
> It made me think I was using the wrong rez previously but a minute ago I
> moved a facebook page over to my other tv to let my partner see a funny
> video on fb and when I moved it back my icons were not only filling the
> screen but were overflowing onto the 2nd monitor but my rez hadn't
> changed it was still 1920x1080 on both monitors!
>
> Any idea how I can get them back to only fill half the screen?
>
> Win7
>
> I am at max rez btw

Suggestions:

1 - Get Win10 or 11

2 - Also ask in a computer-related newsgroup

geoff

Re: Monitor res problem

<ti5fh8$s22$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1969&group=rec.audio.pro#1969

From: GER...@BARLYMCGREW.COM (jimmy)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 05:24:06 +0100
 by: jimmy - Wed, 12 Oct 2022 04:24 UTC

Sorry man I posted in the wrong group but I figured it out any way?

But hey thanks for being an asshole you fucking tosser!

What a loser you are!

"geoff" wrote in message

On 12/10/2022 11:15 am, jimmy wrote:
> I use a samsung 40" tv as a monitor its connected from a nvidia gt660 by
> hdmi
>
> I just updated the driver and when it finished I was delighted to see that
> it had somehow managed to cram my almost full desktop icons to half the
> size of the screen. This was a few days ago.
>
> It made me think I was using the wrong rez previously but a minute ago I
> moved a facebook page over to my other tv to let my partner see a funny
> video on fb and when I moved it back my icons were not only filling the
> screen but were overflowing onto the 2nd monitor but my rez hadn't changed
> it was still 1920x1080 on both monitors!
>
> Any idea how I can get them back to only fill half the screen?
>
> Win7
>
> I am at max rez btw

Suggestions:

1 - Get Win10 or 11

2 - Also ask in a computer-related newsgroup

geoff

Re: Monitor res problem

<ti6ltm$64l$1@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1972&group=rec.audio.pro#1972

From: klu...@panix.com (Scott Dorsey)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: 12 Oct 2022 15:19:18 -0000
 by: Scott Dorsey - Wed, 12 Oct 2022 15:19 UTC

In article <ti4puc$dkn$1@gioia.aioe.org>, jimmy <GERRY@BARLYMCGREW.COM> wrote:
>I use a samsung 40" tv as a monitor its connected from a nvidia gt660 by
>hdmi
>
>I just updated the driver and when it finished I was delighted to see that
>it had somehow managed to cram my almost full desktop icons to half the size
>of the screen. This was a few days ago.

I have no idea why this is in r.a.p but did you perhaps have screen magnifier
turned on before and it has now been reset?
--scott