"Send lawyers, guns and money..." -- Lyrics from a Warren Zevon song

interests / soc.history.medieval / Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

SubjectAuthor
* Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"D. Spencer Hines
+* Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"Peter Jason
|`* Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"The Horny Goat
| `- Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"D. Spencer Hines
+* Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"a425couple
|`* Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"William Hyde
| `- Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"a425couple
+* Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"Ed Stasiak
|`* Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"D. Spencer Hines
| `* Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"D. Spencer Hines
|  `* Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"D. Spencer Hines
|   `* Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"Ed Stasiak
|    `- Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"D. Spencer Hines
+- Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"Tiglath
`* Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"Tiglath
 `* Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"D. Spencer Hines
  `- Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"D. Spencer Hines

1
Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<6f75fd4f-ec19-45a2-8169-c80737294373n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2071&group=soc.history.medieval#2071

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 14:55:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"
From: dsh1...@gmail.com (D. Spencer Hines)
 by: D. Spencer Hines - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 22:55 UTC

Hmmmmmmm...

Sibling Rivalry Run Amuck?

It's not as if this has never happened before:

Consider:

1. The Sons of Henry II.

2. The Sons of Edward III.

3. Edward VIII and George VI

Three Key Questions:

1. Is Harry, Duke of Sussex, P-Whipped?

2. Does Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Wonder, "Why Am I Not Bigger Than Oprah?"

3. Who Is Harry, Duke of Sussex's Real Father?

D. Spencer Hines
Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<krlvohtvuuh0i833rpnrg1ii4bq20cf99p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2072&group=soc.history.medieval#2072

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Subject: Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2022 11:01:02 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 00:01 UTC

On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 14:55:44 -0800 (PST), "D. Spencer Hines"
<dsh1602@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hmmmmmmm...
>
>Sibling Rivalry Run Amuck?
>
>It's not as if this has never happened before:
>
>Consider:
>
>1. The Sons of Henry II.
>
>2. The Sons of Edward III.
>
>3. Edward VIII and George VI
>
>Three Key Questions:
>
>1. Is Harry, Duke of Sussex, P-Whipped?
>
>2. Does Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Wonder, "Why Am I Not Bigger Than Oprah?"
>
>3. Who Is Harry, Duke of Sussex's Real Father?
>
>D. Spencer Hines
>Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Let the DNA geneticists run amuck though the tombs in Westminster
Abbey and see who's who.

Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<jn60ph9b31c51e16utvrjr8d8v18hhjq04@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2073&group=soc.history.medieval#2073

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 20:56:55 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 04:56 UTC

On Wed, 07 Dec 2022 11:01:02 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>Let the DNA geneticists run amuck though the tombs in Westminster
>Abbey and see who's who.

I don't know about Westminster Abbey but in 2016 I did the tour at the
The Chapel Royal of St Peter ad Vincula (this is the chapel of
theTower of London where of course a lot more people died than at
Westminster Abbey) and the tour guide was pleased to announce that
during the previous year they had through DNA evidence definitely
identified the remains of Anne Boleyn and Katherine Howard who were
executed there (they didn't say whether they meant the whole skeleton
or just from the head down which is relevant since both were beheaded
and the heads also buried at the chapel)

They also said even without detached skulls it was easy to tell high
nobility from Tower of London staff who died there since none of the
nobility showed any sign of previous periods of malnutrition (even for
a short period) whereas the commoners weren't normally badly
malnourished but had showed signs of short periods of malnutrition.

Obviously Westminster Abbey DOES have human remains from the Tudor era
since both Queen Mary I and Elizabeth I are buried there - in the same
tomb actually. (Both of which being no more than 10-15' from the
stained glass window honoring the WW2 RAF - which apparently was the
first major post-WW2 memorial at the Abbey and something Churchill and
Attlee was a top priority as soon as the war was over - it was
completed in 1947)

(No I do not have an encyclopedic memory - just I remember tour guides
and signs and both the Tudor sarcophagus and the RAF memorial are two
of the most prominent memorials in the Abbey)

Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<rZnkL.30782$iS99.28067@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2075&group=soc.history.medieval#2075

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 08:07:52 -0800
 by: a425couple - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 16:07 UTC

On 12/6/22 14:55, D. Spencer Hines wrote:
> Hmmmmmmm...
>
> Sibling Rivalry Run Amuck?
> It's not as if this has never happened before:

Well, yes it has happened before.
But that was before the world press all turned to
protect whistle blowing mud slingers. And basically
willing to attack and condemn anyone with either
power or wealth.
In the old days, in an effort to enrich themselves
by throwing dirt at the whole family, there was
a serious price to be paid. Dungeon, or headless.
Oh well, it's a new world.

Interesting that those two shit stirrers left
the UK, and skipped through Canada, to settle
in POTUS Trump's US.

Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<aacfc279-c69f-43aa-b921-881074f552can@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2076&group=soc.history.medieval#2076

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 11:51:11 -0800 (PST)
From: wthyde1...@gmail.com (William Hyde)
 by: William Hyde - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 19:51 UTC

On Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 11:07:54 AM UTC-5, a425couple wrote:
> On 12/6/22 14:55, D. Spencer Hines wrote:
> > Hmmmmmmm...
> >
> > Sibling Rivalry Run Amuck?
> > It's not as if this has never happened before:
> >
> Well, yes it has happened before.
> But that was before the world press all turned to
> protect whistle blowing mud slingers. And basically
> willing to attack and condemn anyone with either
> power or wealth.
> In the old days, in an effort to enrich themselves
> by throwing dirt at the whole family, there was
> a serious price to be paid. Dungeon, or headless.

In a Punch cartoon, decades ago, a man being led off to execution is holding a sign:

"Bring back drowning in Malmsey"

William Hyde

Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<dvtkL.131466$8_id.114581@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2077&group=soc.history.medieval#2077

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 14:25:14 -0800
 by: a425couple - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 22:25 UTC

On 12/8/22 11:51, William Hyde wrote:
> On Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 11:07:54 AM UTC-5, a425couple wrote:
>> On 12/6/22 14:55, D. Spencer Hines wrote:
>>> Hmmmmmmm...
>>>
>>> Sibling Rivalry Run Amuck?
>>> It's not as if this has never happened before:
>>>
>> Well, yes it has happened before.
>> But that was before the world press all turned to
>> protect whistle blowing mud slingers. And basically
>> willing to attack and condemn anyone with either
>> power or wealth.
>> In the old days, in an effort to enrich themselves
>> by throwing dirt at the whole family, there was
>> a serious price to be paid. Dungeon, or headless.
>

> In a Punch cartoon, decades ago, a man being led off to execution is holding a sign:
>
> "Bring back drowning in Malmsey"
>
> William Hyde

OK, I looked it up:
bout 15,700 results (0.59 seconds)

History's strangest deaths - The Duke of Clarence drowned in ...
Feb 18, 2017 — In Shakespeare's 'Richard III', George is stabbed and
then drowned in a butt (large vat) of Malmsey wine, which may be where
this story comes ...

What Led to George, Duke of Clarence's Execution by Wine?
Dec 14, 2020 — George Plantagenet 1st Duke of Clarence - rumoured to
have been drowned in a vat of malmsey wine. (Image Credit: Alamy
SOTK2011 / C7H8AH).
Date of death: 18 February 1478

People also ask
Who drowned in a barrel of wine in Shakespeare?
The Execution of a Duke
On 18 February 1478, aged 28, George, Duke of Clarence, brother to the
King of England, was executed. A tradition has grown up that George was
drowned in a vat a malmsey, an expensive sweet wine.Dec 14, 2020

What Led to George, Duke of Clarence's Execution by Wine?

What happened to the Duke of Clarence?
The Duke forfeited his title in 1478, after he had been convicted of
treason against his brother. He allegedly met his end by being drowned
in a butt of Malmsey (according to William Shakespeare).

Brewer's: Drowned in a Butt of Malmsey - Infoplease
George, Duke of Clarence, being allowed to choose by what death he would
die, chose drowning in malmsey wine (1477). See the continuation of
Monstrelet, ...

and here:
https://historytheinterestingbits.com/2018/02/17/guest-post-george-duke-of-clarence-and-the-infamous-butt-of-malmsey-wine-by-toni-mount/

is a more complete story.

Guest Post: George, Duke of Clarence and the infamous ‘butt of Malmsey
wine’ by Toni Mount
17/02/2018Sharon Bennett Connolly

It is a pleasure to welcome Toni Mount to the blog, for Day 5 of her
Blog Tour for the launch of The Colour of Murder this month.

The Colour of Murder is the latest whodunit in the popular ‘Sebastian
Foxley’ series of medieval murder mysteries by author and historian Toni
Mount.

George, Duke of Clarence and the infamous ‘butt of Malmsey wine’.
540 years ago, on the 18th February 1478 the Duke of Clarence was,
famously, drowned in a butt of malmsey wine. Did he jump or was he
pushed? The question has never been answered, so this was an opportunity
for the intrepid investigator Seb Foxley – to finally solve the mystery.

On this day, 18th February 1478, news was leaked that the brother of
King Edward IV, George, Duke of Clarence, had somehow managed to drown
in a butt of malmsey wine. Did he fall or was he pushed? A contemporary
chronicler, who otherwise seems very well informed, could only write: ‘…
a few days after the execution, whatever its nature may have been, took
place … in the Tower of London…’

From the Croyland Chronicle, c. 1486, pp.479-80:

George of Clarence had never been very reliable nor faithful to King
Edward, his elder brother. When his beloved wife, Isabella Neville, died
soon after giving birth, probably of childbed fever, George was
convinced that a lady-in-waiting, Ankarette Twynyho, had poisoned her.
He tried Ankarette in a rigged court and arranged her execution. King
Edward decided George had gone too far this time, taking the law into
his own hands. Then George became involved in a further plot to dethrone
Edward. Matters deteriorated when he accused the Edward’s queen,
Elizabeth Woodville, of witchcraft, saying she was behind the death of
his wife. Finally, the king lost patience and George was imprisoned in
the Tower of London in the summer of 1477.

Brought to trial before Parliament, only the king gave evidence against
George, listing all his earlier mercies to him, how he had pardoned him
for previous acts of treachery and showered titles and riches on him,
only to receive ingratitude and further treachery in return. Meanwhile
George had spread rumours that the king was a bastard with no right to
wear the crown, practising necromancy and poisoning those who displeased
him.

Parliament sat in embarrassed silence as the king and his brother
accused each other, shouting and arguing in a most unseemly and vulgar
display. But the eventual outcome was never going to be in doubt:
Parliament found in the king’s favour, George was guilty of high treason
and sentenced to death. He was returned to the Tower of London while the
king wrestled with his conscience over signing his brother’s death
warrant until the Speaker of the House intervened, demanding that
sentence be carried out. George, Duke of Clarence, was executed
privately in the Tower of London, spared the ignominy of a public beheading.

However, an execution behind closed doors soon caused rumours to spread
that Clarence had been drowned in a butt of malmsey wine. A butt is a
large barrel and an imperial measure of one hundred gallons – more than
enough to drown in, but the story is almost certainly a later invention.
Perhaps George was partial to the sweet white wine, so the tale was an
ironic joke. It has been suggested, perhaps not seriously, that George
was allowed to choose his manner of death, or even that a ‘well-wisher’,
wanting to spare the king the grief of committing fratricide, sent
Clarence a gift of wine, laced with poison. We will probably never know
the truth.

About the author
Toni Mount is a popular writer and historian; she is the author of
Everyday Life in Medieval London and A Year in the Life of Medieval
England (pub Amberley Publishing) and several of the online courses for
http://www.medievalCourses.com

Her successful ‘Sebastian Foxley’ series of medieval whodunits is
published by MadeGlobal.com and the latest book in this series The
Colour of Murder is now available as a paperback or on Kindle.
http://getbook.at/colour_of_murder

If you would like to follow the rest of Toni’s blog tour, just click on
the links below:

26/1/18 – Digitalis & Other Plant Poisons in Medieval Times –
www.thewarsoftherosescatalogue.com/ c/o Debra Bayani

3/2/18 Author Interview – The Review – www.thereview2014.blogspot.com
c/o Diana Milne

10/2/18 Royal Witchcraft – www.onthetudortrail.com c/o Natalie Grueninger –

17/2/18 George Duke of Clarence – www.historytheinterestingbits.com c/o
Sharon Bennett Connolly

24/2/18 Bedlam Hospital www.theanneboleynfiles.com c/o Claire Ridgeway
*

My Book:
Heroines of the Medieval World, is now available in hardback in the UK
from both Amberley Publishing and Amazon UK and worldwide from Book
Depository. It is also available on Kindle in both the UK and USA and
will be available in Hardback from Amazon US from 1 May 2018.

Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<11afb5aa-5e56-499e-80b9-36ea1dffbaa3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2079&group=soc.history.medieval#2079

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 11:28:31 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 19:28 UTC

> D. Spencer Hines
>
> 1. Is Harry, Duke of Sussex, P-Whipped?

Is there any doubt? Shame, because he was the cool brother.

> 2. Does Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Wonder, "Why Am I Not Bigger Than Oprah?"

She's the definition of gold digger.

> 3. Who Is Harry, Duke of Sussex's Real Father?

Isn't the rumor that Diana had an affair with some Royal airforce guy?

Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<89898eb6-f9d2-4d5b-97c3-16722456615cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2080&group=soc.history.medieval#2080

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 15:30:28 -0800 (PST)
From: dsh1...@gmail.com (D. Spencer Hines)
 by: D. Spencer Hines - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 23:30 UTC

On Monday, December 12, 2022 at 9:28:33 AM UTC-10, Ed Stasiak wrote:
> > D. Spencer Hines
> >
> > 1. Is Harry, Duke of Sussex, P-Whipped?
> Is there any doubt? Shame, because he was the cool brother.
> > 2. Does Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Wonder, "Why Am I Not Bigger Than Oprah?"
> She's the definition of gold digger.
> > 3. Who Is Harry, Duke of Sussex's Real Father?
> Isn't the rumor that Diana had an affair with some Royal airforce guy?

Major James Hewitt, British Army, her "Riding Instructor."

D. Spencer Hines
Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<694f7978-0b24-4b9d-9b34-46db61caf0e1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2081&group=soc.history.medieval#2081

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 15:49:06 -0800 (PST)
From: dsh1...@gmail.com (D. Spencer Hines)
 by: D. Spencer Hines - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 23:49 UTC

On Monday, December 12, 2022 at 1:30:29 PM UTC-10, D. Spencer Hines wrote:
> On Monday, December 12, 2022 at 9:28:33 AM UTC-10, Ed Stasiak wrote:
> > > D. Spencer Hines
> > >
> > > 1. Is Harry, Duke of Sussex, P-Whipped?
> > Is there any doubt? Shame, because he was the cool brother.
> > > 2. Does Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Wonder, "Why Am I Not Bigger Than Oprah?"
> > She's the definition of gold digger.
> > > 3. Who Is Harry, Duke of Sussex's Real Father?
> > Isn't the rumor that Diana had an affair with some Royal airforce guy?

> Major James Hewitt, British Army, her "Riding Instructor."

> D. Spencer Hines
> Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Lots of useful comparisons between Meghan Markle (1981- ) and Bessie Wallis Warfield Simpson (1896-1986) Duchess of Windsor.

American...

And...

Narcissism Writ Large...

DSH

Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<95ee704d-dbc7-4545-98ee-11091231cbccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2083&group=soc.history.medieval#2083

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 14:50:35 -0800 (PST)
From: dsh1...@gmail.com (D. Spencer Hines)
 by: D. Spencer Hines - Wed, 14 Dec 2022 22:50 UTC

"There’s a hierarchy of the family," Prince Harry, 38, says in one of the trailers for the docuseries."

It seems to be Crystal-Clear, as Richard Nixon, used to say, that:

Prince Harry deeply resents being "The Spare" in "Heir and a Spare".

DSH

Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<ad8ebe52-ff0a-4294-9bc2-d1caca6434fcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2084&group=soc.history.medieval#2084

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 15:35:36 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 23:35 UTC

> D. Spencer Hines
>
> Prince Harry deeply resents being "The Spare" in "Heir and a Spare".

I don't think he has a problem with that at all, I'd say he's being manipulated
and brainwashed by his gold-digger wife;

https://i.postimg.cc/k5KmwV6Y/Meghan-Diana.jpg

Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<5111eb42-3511-4439-8112-a75366042d30n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2085&group=soc.history.medieval#2085

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 03:40:59 -0800 (PST)
From: dsh1...@gmail.com (D. Spencer Hines)
 by: D. Spencer Hines - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 11:40 UTC

On Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 1:35:38 PM UTC-10, Ed Stasiak wrote:

> > D. Spencer Hines
> >
> > Prince Harry deeply resents being "The Spare" in "Heir and a Spare".

> I don't think he has a problem with that at all, I'd say he's being manipulated
> and brainwashed by his gold-digger wife;
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/k5KmwV6Y/Meghan-Diana.jpg

Why can't it be both, simultaneously?

I wonder how long it would have taken Henry VIII to simply "off" such a troublesome son?

DSH

Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<3f7b97be-20c3-428e-af71-750bac22207cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2087&group=soc.history.medieval#2087

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 12:08:58 -0800 (PST)
From: tem...@tiglath.net (Tiglath)
 by: Tiglath - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 20:08 UTC

On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 5:55:45 PM UTC-5, D. Spencer Hines wrote:
> Hmmmmmmm...

Is this Spencer's more perfect version?
Marooned, beached, excitement-deprived, ...
Voilà: Tabloid Hines.
Is this old wine really improving?

All right... Merry Christmas, thalassic old bastard!
I hope you are well.
Late, but I'm becoming fond of history graduates,
numerically-challenged as some/most of them are...
Verbi gratia: Hans Delbrück (author of "Numbers in History", 1913), F.B. Maurice, et alia.

Mudbo!

> D. Spencer Hines
> Lux et Veritas et Libertas et Harry et Meghan.

Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<7443b18f-a2ee-4ef8-aa08-01a671371778n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2088&group=soc.history.medieval#2088

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 20:16:57 -0800 (PST)
From: dsh1...@gmail.com (D. Spencer Hines)
 by: D. Spencer Hines - Mon, 19 Dec 2022 04:16 UTC

On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 6:56:58 PM UTC-10, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Dec 2022 11:01:02 +1100, Peter Jason <p...@jostle.com> wrote:
>
> >Let the DNA geneticists run amuck though the tombs in Westminster
> >Abbey and see who's who.
> I don't know about Westminster Abbey but in 2016 I did the tour at the
> The Chapel Royal of St Peter ad Vincula (this is the chapel of
> theTower of London where of course a lot more people died than at
> Westminster Abbey) and the tour guide was pleased to announce that
> during the previous year they had through DNA evidence definitely
> identified the remains of Anne Boleyn and Katherine Howard who were
> executed there (they didn't say whether they meant the whole skeleton
> or just from the head down which is relevant since both were beheaded
> and the heads also buried at the chapel)
>
> They also said even without detached skulls it was easy to tell high
> nobility from Tower of London staff who died there since none of the
> nobility showed any sign of previous periods of malnutrition (even for
> a short period) whereas the commoners weren't normally badly
> malnourished but had showed signs of short periods of malnutrition.
>
> Obviously Westminster Abbey DOES have human remains from the Tudor era
> since both Queen Mary I and Elizabeth I are buried there - in the same
> tomb actually. (Both of which being no more than 10-15' from the
> stained glass window honoring the WW2 RAF - which apparently was the
> first major post-WW2 memorial at the Abbey and something Churchill and
> Attlee was a top priority as soon as the war was over - it was
> completed in 1947)
>
> (No I do not have an encyclopedic memory - just I remember tour guides
> and signs and both the Tudor sarcophagus and the RAF memorial are two
> of the most prominent memorials in the Abbey)

Allegedly...

"After targeting his daughter, Thomas [Markle] then went on to comment on Prince Harry’s push to leave the royal family, saying, “He’s a candyass. I’d take him on at my age any time. He’d run away from me.” Evidently agitated with the decision nearly two years after it was made, Thomas also told The Sun, “Harry walked away from his responsibilities and that’s ridiculous. He walked away from his grandmother, the royals and the British people.”

DSH

Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<9aed99e4-a083-4c78-82ee-21f95a4b1c9en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2089&group=soc.history.medieval#2089

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 18:29:11 -0800 (PST)
From: tem...@tiglath.net (Tiglath)
 by: Tiglath - Tue, 20 Dec 2022 02:29 UTC

There is Blue Period Picasso and now we have Tabloid Mr. Hines.

> D. Spencer Hines
> Lux et Veritas et Libertas et Harry et Meghan.

Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<95b9e423-97e7-46db-b4a6-263d4482268fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2091&group=soc.history.medieval#2091

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 15:48:56 -0800 (PST)
From: dsh1...@gmail.com (D. Spencer Hines)
 by: D. Spencer Hines - Wed, 21 Dec 2022 23:48 UTC

Some People really do look like similar animals:

Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex [for now] = Cunning Vixen [Female Fox]

"Harry" Mountbattan-Windsor, Duke of Sussex [for now] = Slow-Witted Rat [A Tasty Morse]

D. Spencer Hines
Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Re: Harry And Meghan vs "The Firm"

<56e1f362-b9ac-4e50-984c-742992f25b4dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2094&group=soc.history.medieval#2094

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 12:44:22 -0800 (PST)
From: dsh1...@gmail.com (D. Spencer Hines)
 by: D. Spencer Hines - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 20:44 UTC

"But Nile Gardiner, a Washington-based foreign policy expert and Royal Family enthusiast, has accused the Duchess of Sussex of putting her acting skills to the best possible use."

"He told Express.co.uk: "This documentary series has very much been the Meghan Markle show. She is literally acting throughout all of the interviews she is shown doing."

"Prince Harry is the Best Supporting Actor to Meghan's starring role. What we have really seen is Hollywood fiction, with Meghan running for Best Actress."

Spot On!

DSH
Lux et Veritas et Libertas