Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 22:21:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Ag plane for recreational flying
From: rehar...@hotmail.com (Ralph Greenburg)
 by: Ralph Greenburg - Fri, 30 Apr 2021 05:21 UTC

On Friday, January 4, 2002 at 5:45:06 PM UTC-6, Tina Marie wrote:
> In article <DFlV7.41864$va.20...@news2.rdc1.mi.home.com>,
> Jay Honeck <jjhonec...@home.com> wrote:
> >I guarantee that NOTHING looks more fun (or more dangerous) than flying one
> >of those big ol' crop-dusters. Man, if you can really find a good one for
> >$30K, they sure look like a great ride!
> I saw an AgCat online a while back, with a big engine, modified to take
> 3 people, with clipped wings - the owner claimed it was an incredible
> acro ship. He wanted $68K for it, IIRC.
> I looked into a Pawnee as a run-about a while back. You can get them
> pretty cheap. I even found a place in IN (maybe Michigan, now that I
> think about it), that would restore it to your specs. I would have
> done it, but I ended up buying a Tripacer instead.
> I love the Pawnees - they're fun to fly, but forgiving. All those crop
> dusters are built so you can still land them after spending 12 hours
> in the air...
> Tina Marie
> --
> Sometimes I think the Game of Life (tm) is missing a few pieces and one of
> the dice is lost under the refrigerator. -- PapaBear, in alt.poly.
> http://www.neosoft.com/~tina
My dad used to put on excellent aerobatic demonstrations in his 300 Agwagon.. He was a duster pilot with thousands of hours in everything from Cubs to P 51s. In the 60s he owned an SNJ but traded it for a T28A. He started cropdusting in the 1950s in Cubs and Stearmans. My grandfather bought 3 of the first 10 Snow S2 A models ever built. You will love the Agwagon but boy is it loud. There may be a different propeller available now that is quieter but the originals were earsplitting. At different times dad had a Staggerwing Beech, a DC3, a Centurion, a 402, and a P58 Barron. His last plane was a Piper Malibu. I think his favorite was the Staggerwing D17S. He always said "nothing snap rolls ike an SNJ/T-6.