Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

SubjectAuthor
* Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot duesms
+- Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshoAndy Burns
`* Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."nospam
 `* Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshoCarlos E. R.
  +* Re: Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."nospam
  |`- Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshoAndy Burns
  +* Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshosms
  |+- Re: Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."nospam
  |+* Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshotAJL
  ||`* Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshosms
  || `- Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshotAJL
  |`- Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshokelown
  `* Re: Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshoEli the Bearded
   +* Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshosms
   |`- Re: Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."nospam
   +* Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshoCarlos E. R.
   |`* Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshoJoerg Lorenz
   | `- Re: Android Screen Shot "Can?t take screenshot due to security policy."Frank Slootweg
   `- Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshoJoerg Lorenz

1
Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<shkfbp$1tc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21013&group=comp.mobile.android#21013

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Android_Screen_Shot_"Can’t_take_screenshot_due_
to_security_policy."
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 01:56:24 -0700
 by: sms - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 08:56 UTC

I have the same app from my health care provider on both my Android
phone and my iPhone.

I wanted a screenshot of my ID card so I could put it on my home screen
so I would not have to open the app to get to it. No dice. When I try to
take a screenshot of the ID card in the app I get a message “Can’t take
screenshot due to security policy.” Interestingly, on my iPhone, in the
same app, there is no such restriction, so took a screenshot of the card
and e-mailed it to myself.

Also, on the iPhone, the app offers to add the ID card to my Apple
Wallet, but on Android there is no such capability.

I can understand that sometimes screenshots of sensitive information may
not be a good idea, but a warning, rather than a prohibition, would be
nice. Apparently there's a third party SDK that adds this capability to
iOS apps see <https://screenshieldkit.com/> but the app developer either
didn't know about this or didn't want to license it. On Android, you
don't need to license anything, just add two lines of code, see
<https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/how-to-prevent-screenshot-or-screen-recorder-in-android/>.

Since a picture ID is always required to get any care, and a password is
required to log into the provider's system, there's no real danger if
someone gets a hold of your medical ID number.

Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<iq62mrF32j2U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21016&group=comp.mobile.android#21016

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re:_Android_Screen_Shot_"Can’t_take_screensho
t_due_to_security_policy."
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 11:22:17 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 10:22 UTC

sms wrote:

> When I try to take a screenshot of the ID card in the app I get a
> message “Can’t take screenshot due to security policy.”

EURion protection?

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EURion_constellation>

Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<120920210952155388%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21019&group=comp.mobile.android#21019

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Android_Screen_Shot_"Can’t_take_screenshot_due_to_security_policy."
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 09:52:15 -0400
 by: nospam - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 13:52 UTC

In article <shkfbp$1tc$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> I can understand that sometimes screenshots of sensitive information may
> not be a good idea, but a warning, rather than a prohibition, would be
> nice.

people would ignore warnings.

> Apparently there's a third party SDK that adds this capability to
> iOS apps see <https://screenshieldkit.com/> but the app developer either
> didn't know about this or didn't want to license it.

or they realized that using a third party sdk for something that can be
done without one is foolish.

> On Android, you
> don't need to license anything, just add two lines of code,

there is no need to license anything on ios either.

stop pretending to know about ios app development, or android for that
matter.

> Since a picture ID is always required to get any care,

what kind of shitty doctors do you go to that require a photo id?

> and a password is
> required to log into the provider's system, there's no real danger if
> someone gets a hold of your medical ID number.

yes there is.

Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<k5f11ix29f.ln2@minas-tirith.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21020&group=comp.mobile.android#21020

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
t_due_to_security_policy."
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 16:24:20 +0200
 by: Carlos E. R. - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 14:24 UTC

On 12/09/2021 15.52, nospam wrote:
> In article <shkfbp$1tc$1@dont-email.me>, sms
> <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

>> Since a picture ID is always required to get any care,
>
> what kind of shitty doctors do you go to that require a photo id?

What kind of shitty doctors don't?

>> and a password is
>> required to log into the provider's system, there's no real danger if
>> someone gets a hold of your medical ID number.
>
> yes there is.

Nope.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<120920211051117537%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21021&group=comp.mobile.android#21021

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 10:51:11 -0400
 by: nospam - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 14:51 UTC

In article <k5f11ix29f.ln2@minas-tirith.valinor>, Carlos E. R.
<robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

> >> Since a picture ID is always required to get any care,
> >
> > what kind of shitty doctors do you go to that require a photo id?
>
> What kind of shitty doctors don't?

i've never had to show a photo id for any type of medical care.

they ask for your name and some confirmation questions, unless they
recognize you, in which case there's no need for that.

> >> and a password is
> >> required to log into the provider's system, there's no real danger if
> >> someone gets a hold of your medical ID number.
> >
> > yes there is.
>
> Nope.

then post your medical id number.

Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<iq6j5qF668sU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21022&group=comp.mobile.android#21022

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
t_due_to_security_policy."
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 16:03:20 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 15:03 UTC

nospam wrote:

>>> what kind of shitty doctors do you go to that require a photo id?
>>
>> What kind of shitty doctors don't?
>
> i've never had to show a photo id for any type of medical care.

Nor me, dunno if they're still keen on using touch-screen terminals
since covid, but pick my name from the appointments list and enter my
date of birth to "confirm" is the level of it.

Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<shl7sk$6q3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21023&group=comp.mobile.android#21023

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
t_due_to_security_policy."
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 08:54:58 -0700
 by: sms - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 15:54 UTC

On 9/12/2021 7:24 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 12/09/2021 15.52, nospam wrote:
>> In article <shkfbp$1tc$1@dont-email.me>, sms
>> <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

>>> Since a picture ID is always required to get any care,
>>
>> what kind of shitty doctors do you go to that require a photo id?
>
> What kind of shitty doctors don't?

Large medical offices that take insurance always require a photo ID
since they have to avoid the fraud of someone using someone else's
insurance.

It's certainly possible that in a solo, or small group, medical
practice, where the receptionist knows you, they would not require any
ID to receive care. Those small medical practices still exist in the
U.S., even in urban areas, but they make up less and less of the health
care supply.

In urban areas, the norm is larger facilities, owned by a non-profit
health care system, where when you check in for care the receptionist
won't know you, even though the actual doctor will. For example, in
California, a plurality of residents (40%) use Kaiser Permenante, and a
majority are on Kaiser or some other non-profit HMO (Health Maintenance
Organizations); but there are still a lot of people using PPOs (Paid
Provider Organizations) that allow them to go to any doctor.

Re: Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<120920211220198445%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21024&group=comp.mobile.android#21024

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 12:20:19 -0400
 by: nospam - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 16:20 UTC

In article <shl7sk$6q3$1@dont-email.me>, sms

> >> what kind of shitty doctors do you go to that require a photo id?
> >
> > What kind of shitty doctors don't?
>
> Large medical offices that take insurance always require a photo ID

no they definitely don't. maybe yours does, but that does not mean all
of them do.

> since they have to avoid the fraud of someone using someone else's
> insurance.

there are *much* easier methods to do that, and if the doctor required
an id, just get a fake one.

> It's certainly possible that in a solo, or small group, medical
> practice, where the receptionist knows you, they would not require any
> ID to receive care. Those small medical practices still exist in the
> U.S., even in urban areas, but they make up less and less of the health
> care supply.

it's much more than just small practices, but at least you admit that a
photo id is not required for care. small progress.

Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<shla38$19v$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21025&group=comp.mobile.android#21025

From: noem...@none.com (AJL)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re:_Android_Screen_Shot_"Can’t_take_screenshot_
due_to_security_policy."
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 09:32:40 -0700
 by: AJL - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 16:32 UTC

On 9/12/2021 8:54 AM, sms wrote:

> Large medical offices that take insurance always require a photo ID
> since they have to avoid the fraud of someone using someone else's
> insurance.

My doctors office (10 doctors) has my photo on file so no ID on my part
is needed on check-in.

Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<shlc0g$2sf$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21029&group=comp.mobile.android#21029

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
t_due_to_security_policy."
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 10:05:21 -0700
 by: sms - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 17:05 UTC

On 9/12/2021 9:32 AM, AJL wrote:
> On 9/12/2021 8:54 AM, sms wrote:
>
>> Large medical offices that take insurance always require a photo ID
>> since they have to avoid the fraud of someone using someone else's
>> insurance.
>
> My doctors office (10 doctors) has my photo on file so no ID on my part
> is needed on check-in.

Unless you have a twin!

Biometric check-in might be easier and require less staff, but I think
that too many people would think that such a system would be creepy.

Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<shlega$9a7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21032&group=comp.mobile.android#21032

From: noem...@none.com (AJL)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
due_to_security_policy."
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 10:47:53 -0700
 by: AJL - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 17:47 UTC

On 9/12/2021 10:05 AM, sms wrote:
> On 9/12/2021 9:32 AM, AJL wrote:
>> On 9/12/2021 8:54 AM, sms wrote:

>>> Large medical offices that take insurance always require a photo
>>> ID since they have to avoid the fraud of someone using someone
>>> else's insurance.

>> My doctors office (10 doctors) has my photo on file so no ID on my
>> part is needed on check-in.

> Biometric check-in might be easier and require less staff,

Might save a few seconds? I walk in and tell them my name and dob. They
bring up my file on the screen (that has the ID photo) and check me in.
My copay is automatically charged to my credit card on file. Done.

> but I think that too many people would think that such a system would
> be creepy.

Creepy? This is a doctors office. Lot's of creepy stuff happens there.
The finger exam (prostate check) for one comes to mind...

Re: Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<eli$2109121759@qaz.wtf>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21046&group=comp.mobile.android#21046

From: *...@eli.users.panix.com (Eli the Bearded)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Re:_Android_Screen_Shot_"Can’t_take_screensho
t_due_to_security_policy."
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 21:59:50 -0000 (UTC)
XFrom: is a real address
Encrypted: double rot-13
 by: Eli the Bearded - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 21:59 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, Carlos E. R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
> On 12/09/2021 15.52, nospam wrote:
>> what kind of shitty doctors do you go to that require a photo id?
> What kind of shitty doctors don't?

I won't speak about the shitty doctors don't, but plenty of non-shitty
doctors don't require photo IDs. I have never once been asked to provide
a photo ID for medical care. I have never once been with someone getting
care and seen them asked for photo ID.

Maybe this is a country by country variation in standards and
expectations?

>>> and a password is required to log into the provider's system,
>>> there's no real danger if someone gets a hold of your medical ID
>>> number.
>> yes there is.
> Nope.

Haha. I'm staying out of any nospam "yes" "no" style debates, there's
no reason to respond to that sort of unsupported allegation.

Elijah
------
yes there is. no there isn't. computer says yes. computer says no

Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<shlu1n$j6t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21048&group=comp.mobile.android#21048

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
t_due_to_security_policy."
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 15:13:11 -0700
 by: sms - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 22:13 UTC

On 9/12/2021 2:59 PM, Eli the Bearded wrote:
> In comp.mobile.android, Carlos E. R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
>> On 12/09/2021 15.52, nospam wrote:
>>> what kind of shitty doctors do you go to that require a photo id?
>> What kind of shitty doctors don't?
>
> I won't speak about the shitty doctors don't, but plenty of non-shitty
> doctors don't require photo IDs. I have never once been asked to provide
> a photo ID for medical care. I have never once been with someone getting
> care and seen them asked for photo ID.
>
> Maybe this is a country by country variation in standards and
> expectations?

Perhaps. In the U.S. it is routine at large medical centers to have to
provide ID. They want to prevent fraud. At small doctors offices, where
the front-end staff knows you, I'm sure that it's different, but that's
not how the majority of medical care is dispensed in the U.S. anymore.

>>> yes there is.
>> Nope.
>
> Haha. I'm staying out of any nospam "yes" "no" style debates, there's
> no reason to respond to that sort of unsupported allegation.

"When ignorance screams, intelligence shuts up. Your peace and
tranquility are worth more." From the The Story of the Donkey and the
Tiger <https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/story-donkey-tiger-akhilesh-sengar/>.

Re: Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<120920211840105866%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21051&group=comp.mobile.android#21051

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 18:40:10 -0400
 by: nospam - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 22:40 UTC

In article <shlu1n$j6t$1@dont-email.me>, sms

> >> What kind of shitty doctors don't?
> >
> > I won't speak about the shitty doctors don't, but plenty of non-shitty
> > doctors don't require photo IDs. I have never once been asked to provide
> > a photo ID for medical care. I have never once been with someone getting
> > care and seen them asked for photo ID.
> >
> > Maybe this is a country by country variation in standards and
> > expectations?
>
> Perhaps. In the U.S. it is routine at large medical centers to have to
> provide ID.

no it isn't routine. just because yours requires id does not mean all
of them do.

you're also changing your story to only 'large medical centers'.

you originally said an id is required for 'any care':

In article <shkfbp$1tc$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
> Since a picture ID is always required to get any care, and a password is
> required to log into the provider's system, there's no real danger if
> someone gets a hold of your medical ID number.

some facilities might, but that's *not* the norm.

> They want to prevent fraud.

they might claim that, but the problem is that checking photo ids won't
prevent fraud because it's incredibly easy to get a fake id.

also, medical providers are not going to deny care if someone 'forgets'
their id or is not in a condition to provide it.

Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<jkp21ixl8j.ln2@minas-tirith.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21060&group=comp.mobile.android#21060

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
t_due_to_security_policy."
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 04:29:07 +0200
 by: Carlos E. R. - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 02:29 UTC

On 12/09/2021 23.59, Eli the Bearded wrote:
> In comp.mobile.android, Carlos E. R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
>> On 12/09/2021 15.52, nospam wrote:
>>> what kind of shitty doctors do you go to that require a photo id?
>> What kind of shitty doctors don't?
>
> I won't speak about the shitty doctors don't, but plenty of non-shitty
> doctors don't require photo IDs. I have never once been asked to provide
> a photo ID for medical care. I have never once been with someone getting
> care and seen them asked for photo ID.
>
> Maybe this is a country by country variation in standards and
> expectations?

Absolutely :-D

>>> yes there is.
>> Nope.
>
> Haha. I'm staying out of any nospam "yes" "no" style debates, there's
> no reason to respond to that sort of unsupported allegation.

You are absolutely right. I was mocking him.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<shmmd3$5cp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21063&group=comp.mobile.android#21063

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
t_due_to_security_policy."
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 07:08:52 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 05:08 UTC

Am 12.09.21 um 23:59 schrieb Eli the Bearded:
> In comp.mobile.android, Carlos E. R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
>> On 12/09/2021 15.52, nospam wrote:
>>> what kind of shitty doctors do you go to that require a photo id?
>> What kind of shitty doctors don't?
>
> I won't speak about the shitty doctors don't, but plenty of non-shitty
> doctors don't require photo IDs. I have never once been asked to provide
> a photo ID for medical care. I have never once been with someone getting
> care and seen them asked for photo ID.

Same here. Never ever and they won't get any. Neither at the doctors nor
at the hospital. What the heck will happen if an unexpected accident
occurs. No treatment? Payment at the desk? Darwinistic deep state
treatment system? *SCNR*

> Maybe this is a country by country variation in standards and
> expectations?

I guess so. I see no material reason for a photo ID.

> Haha. I'm staying out of any nospam "yes" "no" style debates, there's
> no reason to respond to that sort of unsupported allegation.

I totally agree. Such wisenheimers do not add anything material to the
discussion.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<shmmgb$5cp$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21064&group=comp.mobile.android#21064

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
t_due_to_security_policy."
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 07:10:35 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 05:10 UTC

Am 13.09.21 um 04:29 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
> On 12/09/2021 23.59, Eli the Bearded wrote:
>> In comp.mobile.android, Carlos E. R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
>>> Nope.
>>
>> Haha. I'm staying out of any nospam "yes" "no" style debates, there's
>> no reason to respond to that sort of unsupported allegation.
>
> You are absolutely right. I was mocking him.

YEP.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."

<shmrjp$sk6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21066&group=comp.mobile.android#21066

From: kel...@privacy.invalid (kelown)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
t_due_to_security_policy."
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 01:37:44 -0500
 by: kelown - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 06:37 UTC

> Large medical offices that take insurance always require a photo ID
> since they have to avoid the fraud of someone using someone else's
> insurance.

My doctor and dental offices have ALWAYS taken a pic of my driver's
license and insurance card on my first visit. That's one reason why most
will ask you to come in early for your first visit.

Re: Android Screen Shot "Can?t take screenshot due to security policy."

<shnn5m.bp4.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21083&group=comp.mobile.android#21083

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 13 Sep 2021 12:28:21 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 12:28 UTC

Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
> Am 13.09.21 um 04:29 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
> >>
> >> Haha. I'm staying out of any nospam "yes" "no" style debates, there's
> >> no reason to respond to that sort of unsupported allegation.
> >
> > You are absolutely right. I was mocking him.
>
> YEP.

false.

wrong.

no it isn't.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Android Screen Shot "Can’t take screenshot due to security policy."