From: Ancient-...@Heaven.Net (Robin Goodfellow)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: apple dealt severe blow by antitrust ruling
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 00:39:13 +0000
 by: Robin Goodfellow - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 00:39 UTC

nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> asked
> jailbreaking utilizes security exploits, which can also be used for
> very bad things, so it's vital that apple patch them.

As someone who owns _plenty_ of iOS & Android devices...
https://i.postimg.cc/YC1B906F/tmopromo01.jpg

The one thing that is readily apparent to intelligent people is the
extremely large _difference_ between the iOS & Android App Store
ecosystems... particularly with respect to legal matters like Epic's.

Ignorant apologists like nospam who attempt to equate them end up proving to
all of us how fantastically ignorant they are of the astounding differences.

> it also doesn't matter, since there is no need to jailbreak to install
> apps from other sources. it's a myth that refuses to die because
> ignorant people keep repeating it.

I have _plenty_ of iOS devices, nospam... give me just one "other source".

Note that every time you bullshit, it works perfectly in the child OS
newsgroups because they don't actually test anything - which is why they own
iOS in the first place - they believe whatever they're told by Apple.

What's more interesting is when apologists claim jailbreaking allows them to
use alternative app repos, and yet, Apple instantly destroys every jailbreak
they can once Apple figures out how the jailbreak got past their QA team.

*The very fact jailbreaks exist proves lack of sufficient QA of Apple iOS.*
*The very fact Apple breaks them proves Apple crushes alternative repos.*

By way of contrast, Google doesn't break rooting, and even allows the apps.
Legally, the two cases brought up by Epic are _completely_ different beasts.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: apple dealt severe blow by antitrust ruling