From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.tech
Subject: Re: What does this yellow light mean on the front
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 22:08:12 -0800
 by: The Real Bev - Sun, 14 Jan 2024 06:08 UTC

On 1/13/24 12:02 PM, Peter wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton <hamilton@invalid.com> wrote:
>>> In the front of a friend's car this yellow light is lit on a Rav4.
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/rmNx4SBj/rav4.jpg
>>> How do I find out exactly what it might mean?
>>> Do I need any special tools?
>>
>> It's a tire pressure warning. Don't forget to check the spare as
>> well.
>
> https://dashboardwarninglights.com/toyota-rav4/
> Toyota Rav4 Tire Air Pressure Fault
> This means your tire pressure is either too low, or the sensor has faulted.
> This requires calling or visiting your dealership as soon as possible.

Or more likely just pumping up the tire. The tires that came with my
Corolla were really good except for ONE which lost enough air in a month
to trigger the light. Pump the tire, be happy for another month...

I finally replaced the tires (one blowout, others too old [10 years] for
any shop to touch them) with the same ones. Took 6 months to lose
enough air to trigger the light. 20-24 lbs instead of 32.

The $35 pump from Harbor Freight is handy. Don't get the cheap one, it
burns out after 2 or 3 tires in a row. A digital pressure gauge is also
a nice thing.

--
Cheers, Bev
"When I was in college, the only job I could get was