Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Interesting tale "Memoirs of a Medieval Woman, The life and times of
Margery Kempe"
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 20:44:48 -0800
 by: a425couple - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 04:44 UTC

Interesting tale "Memoirs of a Medieval Woman, The life and times of
Margery Kempe" by Louise Collis

When I first picked up and looked at this book, I thought,
it must be a novel / fiction. But - It seems to be true and valid.

A lady Margery Burnham (later Kempe) was born near Norfolk
around 1373. An AMAZING biography. After having 14 children,
she set off on her pilgrimage, across the English Channel,
to Venice, sail to Jaffa, to Jerusalem, many excursions,
back to Italy, finally back to England. She was illiterate,
but tells her story and it is written.

Go to the Amazon cite, use the "Look Inside" feature and read
Chapter 1, the introduction.

Amazing.
Skipping ahead near the end I see they do some recording
of exactly what was written then in her telling of her story,
the words used in the 1430's are incomprehensible to me.
The manuscript was misplaced in a stack, and found in 1934.

more can be seen at:

Memoirs Of A Medieval Woman: The Life And Times Of ...
https://www.amazon.com › Memoirs-Medieval-Woman...
Memoirs Of A Medieval Woman: The Life And Times Of Margery Kempe
[Collis, Louise] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers.
Memoirs Of A Medieval ...
Dimensions: ‎5.31 x 0.65 x 8 inches
Item Weight: ‎7.8 ounces
Publisher: ‎Harper Perennial; Reprint edition ...
Rating: 4.6 · ‎22 reviews · ‎$15.67

MEMOIRS OF A MEDIEVAL WOMAN: The Life and Times of ...
https://www.amazon.com › MEMOIRS-MEDIEVAL-W...
MEMOIRS OF A MEDIEVAL WOMAN: The Life and Times of Margery Kempe ; About
the author. Follow authors to get new release updates, plus improved
recommendations.
Rating: 4.6 · ‎22 reviews · ‎$6.00

Memoirs of a Medieval Woman: The Life and ... - Goodreads
Memoirs of a Medieval Woman: The Life and Times of Margery Kempe. Louise
Collis.
Rating: 3.7 · ‎256 votes

The Life and Times of Margery Kempe. Louise Collis | Speculum
https://www.journals.uchicago.edu › doi
by TC Chubb · 1965 — Memoirs of a Medieval Woman: The Life and Times of
Margery Kempe. Louise Collis · Facebook · Twitter · LinkedIn · Reddit ·
Email.

Memoirs Of A Medieval Woman: The Life And ... - AbeBooks
https://www.abebooks.com › plp
AbeBooks.com: Memoirs Of A Medieval Woman: The Life And Times Of Margery
Kempe (9780060909925) by Collis, Louise and a great selection of similar
New, ...
Rating: 3.7 · ‎256 votes