Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 12:42:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: New Log Books
From: gr8...@gmail.com (Jeff Bures)
 by: Jeff Bures - Wed, 16 Jun 2021 19:42 UTC

Hi all,

I posted previously about an alternative format for log books. I've finished the design and sold a few on Amazon. Unfortunately the 'look inside' feature has not yet been process (taking weeks to complete), but the description is helpful.

The log books are more like scuba logs, where each flight is a whole page. You can use the space to make plans or record details such as weight & balance, water, static ballast, launch details, waypoints, tasks, or whatever you want. After the flight, you can add details, record times, and even have nice space for instructor comments and signatures.

There are also pages for miscellaneous notes, aircraft specific notes (popular for clubs), and endorsements. The endorsements are FAA specific, but can be ignored if you are not from the USA.

All-in-all, it is the log book I wish I had as a student. I've already received some feedback in my other post, and will accept more. After a while, I'll work on version 2. I will gladly consider custom modifications, such as different artwork or international sign-offs. I'd even be willing to make versions targeting a specific club, country, or business.

Cover 1: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095F4H5SB
Cover 2: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095DZJJ5M