From: jbee...@invalid.net.invalid (Joy Beeson)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.misc
Subject: Re: AG: Tights
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 23:03:05 -0400
 by: Joy Beeson - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 03:03 UTC

On Sat, 18 Feb 2023 09:20:31 -0500, Joy Beeson
<jbeeson@invalid.net.invalid> wrote:

> I'm off to the Winter Market at Pete Thorne Center.

There was another Winter Market today. This time I came prepared to
buy frozen food: I rebuilt the insulation on my pannier, and put
Black Ice in it just before leaving.

The water froze in my bottles. I ignored the back-up bottle, thinking
that when I'd drunk all the water in the bottle with the unfrozen
valve, I would pour the water in the back-up bottle into it. When I
ran out, I couldn't get the lid off either bottle. Luckily, I was
almost home by then.

Only a little ice formed in the bottle I was drinking from, but when I
got the lids off at home, the ice was very thick on the walls of the
back-up bottle. I didn't blow into the working bottle all *that*
much. I think I did take it into a store with me a couple of times.

I didn't have to re-freeze the Black Ice on a flat surface; I just put
it back into the ice-packet box.

Aside from that, and having to put my Sweet and Salty Nut bar into my
pocket for a while before I could eat it, the cold didn't bother me
near as much as trying to mount up while wearing four pairs of tights
under sweat pants.

First time I've worn sweat pants this whole year.

I got a couple of very nice pork chops from Red Wattle hogs.

Never heard of Red Wattle; all my daddy raised were Hampshires and
Durocs. Well, he didn't raise either; he kept a Duroc boar and
Hampshire sows, and raised crossbreds for market. The pigs were the
cutest things, with no two having the same arrangement of Duroc and
Hampshire parts. Some were white on one end and black on the other,
with the Hampshire white stripe in between.

Um . . . this post reads as though it were past my bedtime. I did
skip my nap today.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Re: AG: Tights

<leee4i16dpffb5kbo6pbiu1b5d1mg8q97k@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=228&group=rec.bicycles.misc#228

From: jbee...@invalid.net.invalid (Joy Beeson)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.misc
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 22:25:06 -0400
 by: Joy Beeson - Tue, 25 Apr 2023 02:25 UTC

On Sat, 18 Mar 2023 23:03:05 -0400, Joy Beeson
<jbeeson@invalid.net.invalid> wrote:

> Some were white on one end and black on the other,
> with the Hampshire white stripe in between.
>
> Um . . . this post reads as though it were past my bedtime. I did
> skip my nap today.

The piglets were *red* on one end and black on the other.